Author Topic: I need another Key FOB?  (Read 59152 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: I need another Key FOB?
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2014, 04:15:26 AM »
Twits!  :battle:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2015, 09:36:25 AM »
I know this is an old thread...but im dumb and lost my main FOB. so I have called my dealer and they ordered me a new one, I didn't even ask how much. My concern is my ecu has a ghul reflash, will the dealer alter that when they program the for the replacement FOB?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2015, 11:44:05 AM »
Good question but I don't think so.  They are only registering the FOB, not doing anything else that I'm aware of.  Also there are two ECUs, one does the engine bit and the other does the KIPASS stuff.  I think they only mess with the one for KIPASS which would not have been the ECU that was re-flashed.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2015, 12:15:24 PM »
Guess I will find out. I didn't notice the message until about a half mile form the office, I assume it must have fallen out of my butt then and immediately displayed "no transponder", im going to take another look, it kills me that I was that stupid this morning.

What makes me nervous is when I called my dealer they told me they needed to check and would get back to me. Certainly I cant be the only one in RI to ever loose this.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2015, 12:41:01 PM »
I assume it must have fallen out of my butt then and immediately displayed "no transponder", im going to take another look, 

You weren't sitting on the bike OR wearing pants?    :yikes:
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2015, 12:57:08 PM »
I have one of those new corbin concrete seats .....my @$$ was so numb I couldn't feel it!

Pants....I used to ride Harleys....no protection needed.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2015, 04:50:28 AM »
Guess I will find out. I didn't notice the message until about a half mile form the office, I assume it must have fallen out of my butt then and immediately displayed "no transponder", im going to take another look, it kills me that I was that stupid this morning.

What makes me nervous is when I called my dealer they told me they needed to check and would get back to me. Certainly I cant be the only one in RI to ever loose this.

I'm not sure which is worse. Your fob storage spot or the fact that it fell out of that spot and you didn't notice!    :o    :hitfan:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2015, 04:57:18 AM »
The man said he rode Harleys. He eats fobs for breakfast.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2015, 04:59:26 AM »
The man said he rode Harleys. He eats fobs for breakfast.

He might want to add some fiber to his diet, maybe some oatmeal?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2015, 05:04:47 AM »
Changing the battery might keep things running smoothly.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2015, 05:26:22 AM »
It would seem that fobs are more durable and water tight than we thought.

Brian tested his by soaking it in water, wine, and booze. 1Jeep tested his by soaking it in, well, you know...

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2015, 05:55:04 AM »
plenty of fiber In my diet...that might be why it slide out so easily.

Anyway I spent an hour going up and down the street in front of my office and could not find it, I guess I will be seeing my dealer soon. The only thing I can think of is possibly it didn't display the message immediately and maybe I lost it on the highway.

using the little emergency card sucks, it does work but really sucks.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2015, 05:55:43 AM »
We had pictures of Brians' soak hopefully we won't see 1jeeps......

Offline Conrad

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2015, 06:12:36 AM »
plenty of fiber In my diet...that might be why it slide out so easily.

Anyway I spent an hour going up and down the street in front of my office and could not find it, I guess I will be seeing my dealer soon. The only thing I can think of is possibly it didn't display the message immediately and maybe I lost it on the highway.

using the little emergency card sucks, it does work but really sucks.

You might want to check some online pricing before you check the dealer's price. You will have to see the dealer for programming though.

DO NOT WAIT to get a new fob! If you lose the last working fob it will cost you a BUNCH of money to get your bike working again.

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2015, 09:13:47 AM »
I just ordered the FOB from my dealer, $290 with programming, that is almost the same price as I found on line without programming, $287 was what I found on line. They told me about a half hour to program.

I will refrain from posting pictures of where I keep FOBs...

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2015, 10:02:52 AM »
Thank you   :)

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2015, 12:00:45 PM »
Actually my wife has already suggested I continue to store them in the same spot but maybe further up.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2015, 12:03:00 PM »
I just ordered the FOB from my dealer, $290 with programming, that is almost the same price as I found on line without programming, $287 was what I found on line. They told me about a half hour to program.

I know this has been repeated over and over, but here once again, be sure that they also program the passive part of your new active FOB and then you test it by removing the battery and trying the passive portion before you leave. Many service departments don't know that the active FOB is two FOBs in one.

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2015, 12:21:23 PM »
Thanks for the info, I had no idea....until the other day I only kept it in my tank bag, it was a real mystery why.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2015, 06:47:42 AM »
I know this has been repeated over and over, but here once again, be sure that they also program the passive part of your new active FOB and then you test it by removing the battery and trying the passive portion before you leave. Many service departments don't know that the active FOB is two FOBs in one.

In addition to the above you will want to have all of your fobs with you when the shop programs your bike to recognize the new fob. See the attachment for more info, starting on page 3 I believe.

http://www.zggtr.org/MGalleryItem.php?id=455