Author Topic: Admore Light Bar Installation  (Read 26578 times)

Offline CADMAN97

• 2010 C14 ABS
Re: Admore Light Bar Installation
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 12:09:48 AM »
I ended up using the fender eliminator I had on my 03 VFR from competition werkes. I mounted the fender elim brkt to the concours using the plate light. The brkt already has the cut out & bolt holes in it, so it sandwiched together nicely. I then mounted the admore light to the top of the fender elim brkt which places the light bar right under the turn signals. Actually worked out pretty nice. Its been on the bike now for three years & over 10k mi with no problems so far... & I used the positaps too. I ended up selling the VFR so i just put the OEM fender back on.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 08:18:01 PM by CADMAN97 »
1998 Honda Magna--->Sold | 2003 Yamaha FZ1--->Sold | 2003 Honda VFR800--->Sold | 2010 Honda VFR1200--->Sold | Kawasaki C14--->SOLD | 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000--->Current | 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300ES--->Current

Offline CADMAN97

• 2010 C14 ABS
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 08:12:42 PM »
Couple pics of how i installed the admore light bar...
1998 Honda Magna--->Sold | 2003 Yamaha FZ1--->Sold | 2003 Honda VFR800--->Sold | 2010 Honda VFR1200--->Sold | Kawasaki C14--->SOLD | 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000--->Current | 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300ES--->Current

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 09:58:11 PM »

I like it.  Clean, strong.  But I really do like having my light below the plate, because it creates an even bigger rear "footprint" for safety.  Might not seem like a lot of difference, but it is double the separation distance from the stock light.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2013, 04:39:39 AM »

Well done sir!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline CADMAN97

• 2010 C14 ABS
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2013, 04:52:03 AM »
I like it.  Clean, strong.  But I really do like having my light below the plate, because it creates an even bigger rear "footprint" for safety.  Might not seem like a lot of difference, but it is double the separation distance from the stock light.
I just happen to have that available at the time, so I went with it. I think it knocks out a decent amount of light combined with the OEM light & the turn signals are kinda in sync with the OEM signals being right underneath. I understand wanting as much light as possible tho, Ive def had my fair share of cagers right on my ass. It's amazing how close some ppl feel they need to be ???

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2013, 04:52:18 AM »
Cadman, what is the rack you are using? In the last pic, the upward light light reflection shows what appears to be a 'C14' cutout.

Offline Conrad

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2013, 05:00:57 AM »
Thanks C. I'd not seen one before.

Offline CADMAN97

• 2010 C14 ABS

Offline Jake Mountain

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2013, 04:48:31 PM »
I put one of those light bars on my KLR 650 and an Admore light kit in my Givi E55 Maxia on the C14. I may add the small on to the Connie sometime
01 Kawasaki KLR 650
03 Suzuki Vstrom 1000
11 Kawasaki Concours 14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2013, 01:04:44 PM »
I have it remounted temporarily with some strapping.  After I get a new plate, I will either use strapping behind the plate or make a plate to go behind the plate.  Will probably also put a rubber bumper behind the Admore to try and reduce the motion.

You can tell I wasn't in a hurry to fix it :)

Anyway, I did it "right" this time (which is what I should have done in the first place).  I went and got some 3/4" x 1/8" flat aluminum stock and cut two pieces the height of the plate.  Drilled holes in the top/bottom of each, and use that behind the plate and Admore.  Everything is held together with four nylon bolts/nuts.  Wow it is very strong now!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline jonathan

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2014, 09:38:38 AM »
On my wife's bike the licence plate is exposed to the wind and because of that the flex was splitting the mounting holes at the top. I ended up making a small bracket mounted to the fender to hold the bottom of the plate to eliminate flex. Because of the weight of the Admore light you might consider doing this too.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »
On my wife's bike the licence plate is exposed to the wind and because of that the flex was splitting the mounting holes at the top. I ended up making a small bracket mounted to the fender to hold the bottom of the plate to eliminate flex. Because of the weight of the Admore light you might consider doing this too.

My friend suggested the same thing.  Although now it is so rigid, it seems OK.  I thought about putting a bumper on the back of the plate to prevent movement too.

Offline Racer Boy

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2015, 08:38:33 PM »
I just installed my new Admore light (the smaller one, w/smoked lens). The previous owner had a surprisingly heavy and rigid license plate frame that bolts to all four of the license plate corners, so that that added enough strength and rigidity to the plate itself that it didn't seem necessary to add another plate of metal behind the license plate. I'll keep an eye on it and see how it holds up.

I do have to say that I'm somewhat disappointed that the Admore light isn't brighter, but perhaps that is because of the smoked lens.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2015, 10:40:28 PM »
My friend suggested the same thing.  Although now it is so rigid, it seems OK.  I thought about putting a bumper on the back of the plate to prevent movement too.

Well, it has been 1.3 years on the new setup (try 2) and no problems.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2015, 10:41:31 PM »
I do have to say that I'm somewhat disappointed that the Admore light isn't brighter, but perhaps that is because of the smoked lens.

Could be.  My normal one is quite bright- brighter than the Concours' stock LED one.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2015, 11:40:05 AM »
I just installed my new Admore light (the smaller one, w/smoked lens).

My original light bars lens covers arrived with cracks around the screws and Admore sent me replacement lenses, so if you want to you can probably lose the smoke cover to get more light (assuming you request/order a clear replacement lens from Admore). The originals were sealed with clear silicone around the perimeter of the lens, use very sparingly if you replace it.
Next month will be 4 years since I installed my dual lightbars. So far the only problem has been one LED on the left bar has quit working.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 10:23:41 AM by fartymarty »

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2015, 10:04:59 AM »
I have the Admore Light bar under my plate too...the smaller one. Here it is for those that care.

Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2015, 04:29:20 PM »
I have the Admore Light bar under my plate too...the smaller one. Here it is for those that care.

:finger_fing11:  It is a great safety mod and greatly increases the visibility "footprint" being so far away from the stock light.

Offline Drugless

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2015, 08:41:28 PM »
I've had one of these for nearly a year now and cant fault it. Yes I too had to modify the mounting after cracking the number plate, but two bits of inch by one eighth stainless bar and some nylon washers have fixed the problem while still leaving a little bit of flex for vibration.
I will sing loudly the praises of Admore's customer service. They are THE best online vendor I've ever used and their product support is beyond reproach.
It's better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and confirm the fact. (Like I always do)
Previous bikes-
  Yamaha FJ1200 ('85)
  BMW R1200RT ('05)