Author Topic: sons of anarchy  (Read 18095 times)

Offline Strawboss

Re: sons of anarchy
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 06:54:21 AM »
Yeah, "Hogan's Heroes" didn't help my family either. ;D
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline okxd45

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 12:17:55 PM »
Yeah.......Beverly Hillbillies didn't help my family either......ok not really.
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 12:44:47 PM »
It was fine for a return season.
I don't know why I didn't really remember the end of last season.
Other than the Fed woman's outcome.
I remembered that part. :)
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 02:53:13 AM »
He says it is "scary" how accurate this show is.  Like the writers had inside guys. 

The producer (Katey Sagal's real life husband who plays Otto) spent time with the Hell's Angels while doing the research and developement for the show.  Also the reason they were able to get Sonny Barger to play a part (although a small one). 

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 06:50:56 AM »
Off Topic but as some of y'all know that I made a very hard choice to walk away from several friendships a while back because a friend was trying too hard to have our riding group emulate SOA as well as have associations with not only HA but AN too. This Sunday I'll be getting back together with a couple of friends who have realized that the club was not worth its cost, Truth be known 8 of the original 10 members of the riding group have pulled away and the club is all but history. The so called Pres of this club was so nutz about SOA that he all but stated that watching it was compulsory.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Conrad

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 08:42:18 AM »
Tony,

I hope that it doesn't sound like I'm sticking my nose into your business but you brought it up, so...

Emulate SOA in what way, as in illegal activities and such?

Sounds like the Pres has some mental issues to me, anyone we know on this board?     :rotflmao:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2011, 08:45:39 AM »
SOA is a TV soap opera with a biker gang slant.  Anyone wanting to emulate that in real life.....  :nuts:

We just watched the opener last night and while it was an hour and a half long I think it was over a half hour in commercials.  Thank goodness we have fast forward.

We like it for what it is and nothing more.  We enjoy the characters and the crazy plot lines.  Got surprised again by the ending.  It drives us insane trying to figure out what they will do next.  It's kinda like this forum....  ;)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2011, 08:50:44 AM »
snip...

We just watched the opener last night and while it was an hour and a half long I think it was over a half hour in commercials.  Thank goodness we have fast forward.

LOTS of Hardly commercials! SERIOUSLY stupid HD commercials too IMO. HD needs a new ad company.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2011, 09:09:40 AM »
SOA is a TV soap opera with a biker gang slant.  Anyone wanting to emulate that in real life.....  :nuts:

We like it for what it is and nothing more.  We enjoy the characters and the crazy plot lines.  Got surprised again by the ending.  It drives us insane trying to figure out what they will do next.  It's kinda like this forum....  ;)
So, that makes us what, the Sons of COG? 8)  Yep, SOC it is ;D

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2011, 09:20:36 AM »
Emulate SOA in what way, as in illegal activities and such?

Sounds like the Pres has some mental issues to me, anyone we know on this board?     :rotflmao:
The design of the club patch was as close to SOA without being a blantant copy as it could be; even used a 3 piece rocker which is a real no no around real biker groups. Even went so far as to make up patches with 1% ers on it too. Found out that he was taking testro shots and noticed that he was becoming more aggressive so ya I'd say he was having some mental issues.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2011, 02:08:54 PM »
Well in viewing this thread, and never watching the show, I pulled a couple up on the laptop. Holy crap that show sucks. I am amazed at how some of these things even get started, let alone how it can be in its 4th yr.
I won't be waisting anymore time on this show, give me Mash reruns anyday.
My $.02, enjoy.  ;)
Ride safe all, and ATGATT please.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2011, 02:18:17 PM »
Well its a heck of a lot better than Glee.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2011, 03:48:43 PM »
The first show was sick. Man, they wiped out a bunch of folks and one of them I think was undercover. It's gonna get real interesting real quick.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2011, 06:53:45 PM »
Well its a heck of a lot better than Glee.

So is having a tooth pulled without anesthetic.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline okxd45

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2011, 09:48:24 PM »
So is having a tooth pulled without anesthetic.

Well I think Glee is pretty incredible, I like to shoot my .45, and my wife rocks my world..........just sayin'.
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2011, 05:22:39 AM »
Well in viewing this thread, and never watching the show, I pulled a couple up on the laptop. Holy crap that show sucks. I am amazed at how some of these things even get started, let alone how it can be in its 4th yr.
I won't be waisting anymore time on this show, give me Mash reruns anyday.
My $.02, enjoy.  ;)
Ride safe all, and ATGATT please.
Greg

I don't know what eps you watched Greg but as I said earlier in this thread, I thought that the show sucked too when I watched a couple of eps from the middle of the first season. When I watched from the very start I changed my tune.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2011, 06:55:30 AM »
It isn't very often you can take a look at one or two episodes in what I call an episodic series and know or understand whats going on unless you watch it all. Sometimes if you do you just hit certain episodes that are really just a lull in the action.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2011, 08:22:13 AM »
It isn't very often you can take a look at one or two episodes in what I call an episodic series and know or understand whats going on unless you watch it all. Sometimes if you do you just hit certain episodes that are really just a lull in the action.

That's right, and without some character development you're lost.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2011, 05:02:53 PM »
 :offtopic:   I hate to hijack this intriguing thread but Babylon 5 was like that.  You couldn't come in the middle of the series and know what the heck was going on.

Ok, back to SOA....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2011, 07:41:08 PM »
The crazy preacher from Deadwood is in the new season.