Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853529 times)

Offline tonedeaf2

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #3300 on: December 06, 2018, 09:16:38 PM »
I put the battery tenders on and the bike covers on.                        And then I looked out at the new snow. And I got out the skis and headed for the slopes. Seems like there is always one good day following any bummer day.

Offline gildaguz

« Reply #3301 on: December 09, 2018, 03:46:46 PM »
My forks have been good since I used the SealMate on it.  Have not put a ton of miles on it since, but so far so good.
is there any article on this forum related to this " SealMate "?
I did the forks seals a few months ago because the left one was leaking, now I see a seepage on that area
2009 Non ABS Concours Black
2006 Honda VTX 1300 C candy Orange
2004 Honda Shadow  Sabre 750
1979 Suzuki 185 all terrain

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #3302 on: December 09, 2018, 04:10:02 PM »
I did the forks seals a few months ago because the left one was leaking, now I see a seepage on that area
No articles, but there are some discussions here and there.  Pretty simple to use.  You can find them just about anywhere.  Amazon, eBAy or their website.  Here’s their video.

https://youtu.be/8wlzfoVroSY
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3303 on: December 09, 2018, 05:22:32 PM »

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=8987.0
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline okrider

• Dora: '11 Black
« Reply #3304 on: December 18, 2018, 07:23:11 AM »
Finished replacing the camshaft sensor orings (intake and exhaust) with MOB rings. I'm pretty sure it was leaking from the top as well, I couldn't see in there very well, but replaced it anyways. Took it for a test ride, no more burning oil smell. Success!!
'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
« Reply #3305 on: December 18, 2018, 10:48:45 AM »
Finished replacing the camshaft sensor orings (intake and exhaust) with MOB rings. I'm pretty sure it was leaking from the top as well, I couldn't see in there very well, but replaced it anyways. Took it for a test ride, no more burning oil smell. Success!!
Congrats!   Good job!   :thumbs:
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3306 on: December 18, 2018, 03:50:28 PM »
I need him to come over and do mine, too.
Ug, it is on my list, with lots of other things that need doing (like a first valve adjustment).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #3307 on: December 18, 2018, 04:02:17 PM »
I pulled the ECU last night and shipped it to Steve today for a Mountain Runner flash upgrade.    :chugbeer: :chugbeer:

Christmas present to myself.   

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
« Reply #3308 on: December 27, 2018, 08:21:04 AM »
Installed the ST2 Smart Turn System module.  Total time to install was about an hour.  Pretty straightforward.  All I had to do was remove the left top fairing cover (next to the tank) and disconnect the harness clip to access the plugs.  Tapped into the switched power and the instructions had the correct wire colors for the GTR. 

Quick review:  Works exactly as advertised.  I didn’t test the lane change function, as most of my lane changes are pretty smooth, so I suspect it won’t detect it.  If you don’t turn after signaling, it takes about 20-25 seconds before it self cancels.  If the bike is just sitting stilll when you hit the signal, it stays on. Hopefully, those little rubber pads installed in the switch housing do not wear out.  I’ve read some reviews/complaints about that.  If that happens, I may have to go into the switch and disable it differently. 

I know that it’s much easier to just cancel the signals manually, and as religious as I am about doing that, every once in awhile I do forget.  I don’t want that rare occasion to be the one time some cager turns left in front of me.   :yikes:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3309 on: December 27, 2018, 06:14:20 PM »
Backed it out of the garage to let the Indian out for a ride and then rode the C14 back in the garage.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3310 on: December 27, 2018, 07:39:40 PM »
thought you sold it?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3311 on: December 27, 2018, 08:06:16 PM »
I did.  I said I would still have contact with it.  Sold it to a good friend who doesn't really have a good place to store it.  Heck, I may just sell it again.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3312 on: January 02, 2019, 04:11:28 AM »
I did.  I said I would still have contact with it.  Sold it to a good friend who doesn't really have a good place to store it.  Heck, I may just sell it again.

How much you want for your friend's bike?   ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline banditrider

• Two wheels are all you need!
    • Off for a ride
« Reply #3313 on: January 18, 2019, 07:34:33 PM »
Replaced my dead LHS radiator fan and gave her some fresh oil: https://banditrider.blogspot.com/2019/01/that-little-stone.html

'08 Concours 14: Rad guard, Stebel, Oxford Hot grips, Projekt D Screen, Hugger, GPS mount, helmet locks & fender extender, Zumo 550, Stebel, Phil's rack & Givi V46, Sheepskin seat cover, Phillips Extreme vision +100 bulbs.

Offline BrianK

« Reply #3314 on: January 20, 2019, 06:40:15 PM »
Changed oil, clutch, clutch springs, installed stainless clutch line, stainless brake lines, EBC brake rotors, EBC brake pads, rebuilt calipers, new Pirelli Angel ST tires, and replaced coolant 8)

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #3315 on: March 18, 2019, 07:32:51 AM »
I rode it! I think it has been close to 5 months since the last ride. We have had so much rain in California and when it wasn't raining, it was cold or windy or I was having a back issue or something.

So I finally got back in the saddle this morning to ride to work. This afternoon is going to be absolutely perfect with sunny and 77° F.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #3316 on: March 18, 2019, 03:42:12 PM »
Here in KC it's been under the average for months! And the roads are covered in sand. Tags are due in Missouri next month!
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3317 on: April 02, 2019, 06:07:43 PM »
Installed the battery about a week ago, only to discover that it's kinda dead -- at least dead enough for the ECU to tell me, "Hey! Your battery is LOW!"

I have another Scorpion battery waiting in the wings on a charger, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Maybe tomorrow.

None of that precluded me from riding - I just want to have a basically full-up battery before I take a longish-type ride.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #3318 on: April 15, 2019, 04:47:36 PM »
I got a nice spirited ride in on the local twisted pavement yesterday. When I got home, I placed an order for an Akraprovic slip on, then pulled my ECU, boxed it up in bubble wrap. Today, I shipped the ECU off to Ivan for his flash. I am REALLY looking forward to the rest of this riding season now! Going to do an oil change while I wait for the exhaust and ECU. I have a new set of Angel GT’s in the garage on stand by.  :thumbs:
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline Freddy

« Reply #3319 on: April 15, 2019, 06:23:28 PM »
I think you have the wrong address on the box.  When Ivan gets it tell him you've changed your mind and to send it back.  Then address it to Steve in Florida.

https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/concours1400

Do some more research. 
The best substitute for brains is .............what?