Author Topic: 2012 Triumph Bonneville T100  (Read 4495 times)

Offline BMahar

2012 Triumph Bonneville T100
« on: January 02, 2015, 06:41:11 PM »
  Hi All and Happy New Year.
  I've wanted a Bonneville since 1965 and last Tuesday I finally satisfied that need.
  I haven't had the opportunity to ride it for more then 46 miles, but it is all I hoped for.
  Brent
2011 Concours ABS, Black

Offline twowheeladdict

Re: 2012 Triumph Bonneville T100
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 07:05:43 PM »
Congrats.  How does that sail in the front fender handle the winds?
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline BMahar

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 09:39:32 AM »
  I'll let you know how it handles in the wind when I ride it in the wind.  If it messes up the handling I'll remove it as it simply bolts on.
2011 Concours ABS, Black

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 12:39:07 PM »
My cousin just finished fixing a 1979 that was wrecked (bent front forks) by his neighbor with 100 miles on it then parked and covered in the garage forever.  OEM parts were EXPENSIVE from overseas.  I think he'll be selling it soon unless he decides to keep and ride it.  It still has original everything including the tires that hold air and look new.  I rode it down the street and back - that thing is surprisingly quick.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 02:27:29 AM »
  Hi All and Happy New Year.
  I've wanted a Bonneville since 1965 and last Tuesday I finally satisfied that need.
  I haven't had the opportunity to ride it for more then 46 miles, but it is all I hoped for.
  Brent

Congrats, you're going to love it. Ride safe!

Offline BMahar

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 09:42:52 AM »
  I'm going to ride the Bonnie to Coulterville, CA today. It'll be about a 150 mile ride and I'm looking forward to going.
  The weather here is supposed be in the high 60's today here in Central CA.
  Thanks for all the well wishes.
  Brent
2011 Concours ABS, Black

Offline BMahar

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 08:57:21 AM »
My cousin just finished fixing a 1979 that was wrecked (bent front forks) by his neighbor with 100 miles on it then parked and covered in the garage forever.  OEM parts were EXPENSIVE from overseas.  I think he'll be selling it soon unless he decides to keep and ride it.  It still has original everything including the tires that hold air and look new.  I rode it down the street and back - that thing is surprisingly quick.

That is a fine looking motorcycle. It should bring some happy days of riding to your cousin.
 Brent
2011 Concours ABS, Black

Offline tomp

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 09:18:52 AM »

I've ordered from this company that's in the UK.  They seem to have almost anything you would ever need.  Fast delivery.  tp

http://www.feked.com/
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 10:53:10 AM »
Thanks!  I'm not sure where he got his parts other than he said England.  When I was up there, we noticed an oil leak after riding down the street a few times.  It seems to be coming from the engine to from connection.  Apparently this bike uses the frame as the oil reservoir?  I guess after sitting for 34 years there's a few seals that would need replacing.  I keep telling him to sell it without touching anything (except the front forks) if he wants the most value from a collector (even though he knows how to preform the repairs).
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington