Author Topic: Oh no, I hope this does not lead to an outbreak of Ebola in the US.... again  (Read 1017 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Like the last time, when (wait, let me count..... ) ZERO people were killed after becoming infected in the US by this virus.

Ebola is an very weak and very low- virulent virus that lives in a very narrow latitude band in Africa and only occurs in sporadic cycles, usually separated by years or more usually, decades. The disease has a high mortality rate, meaning it kills a high number of the people it infects but because it is weak and hard to transmit, it really infects few people. Compare with the Bubonic Plague, for example, or the Spanish Influenza pandemic of 1918.

But for some odd reason, people get all worked up over this one spreading wildly throughout America. So for those so inclined, get your adrenaline ready to.... to, well to get all worked up..... again.

:-)

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conniesaki

The media loves to sell negative stories, real or not ... and unfortunately it appears that plenty of us are buyi ...

Whoops, sorry, be right back, I just heard a car crash.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
The driver probably had Ebola- and so it begins.

:-)

Brian

The media loves to sell negative stories, real or not ... and unfortunately it appears that plenty of us are buyi ...

Whoops, sorry, be right back, I just heard a car crash.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
I heard it's being spread in the USofA by foreign Romaine lettuce.

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
I heard it's being spread in the USofA by foreign Romaine lettuce.

Naw man.  The Romaine lettuce thing is from good ‘ol “American” dukie.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..