Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 672277 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #1400 on: March 14, 2014, 05:52:36 AM »
Happy March 14!   

The mens version of Valentine's Day

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=March%2014th

I had better mention this to my wife before she leaves for work today. I may pass on the steak though...   :P
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1401 on: March 18, 2014, 07:14:21 AM »
Years and years ago, before modern times, I owned a C20 Macintosh tube pre-amp.  I got it from the guy I was working for back in the mid-70s.  I think I paid about $15 for it.  I used it for quite awhile, in fact for over 20 years and then I had a transformer go.  Being stupid, I threw it away.  I could have fixed the darn thing.  Saw one on ebay for nearly 1200 dollars.  Any tube amplifier these days is very pricey.   :banghead: :doh:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #1402 on: March 18, 2014, 11:25:47 AM »
Years and years ago, before modern times, I owned a C20 Macintosh tube pre-amp.  I got it from the guy I was working for back in the mid-70s.  I think I paid about $15 for it.  I used it for quite awhile, in fact for over 20 years and then I had a transformer go.  Being stupid, I threw it away.  I could have fixed the darn thing.  Saw one on ebay for nearly 1200 dollars.  Any tube amplifier these days is very pricey.   :banghead: :doh:

I was born in the mid-70s.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1403 on: March 18, 2014, 12:31:17 PM »
ouch

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1404 on: March 18, 2014, 02:49:23 PM »
Well in that case, for Jim's story to make any sense to you, you have to know that he is not talking about the 'cardboard inside the toilet paper roll' kind of tube.

:rotflmao:

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #1405 on: March 18, 2014, 07:52:37 PM »
If you file for FL210, your IAS is 225kts and the OAT is -5C at 21,000', what number do you put in block 4 of your flight plan?

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Gsun

« Reply #1406 on: March 18, 2014, 08:05:22 PM »
125?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1407 on: March 18, 2014, 08:21:34 PM »

Too bad you missed the 60's and mid-70's.  Those were pretty good years when I can remember them.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1408 on: March 18, 2014, 11:05:00 PM »
I miss my 1st of several track bikes. Glad I kept the tag though.

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1409 on: March 19, 2014, 04:11:36 AM »
If you file for FL210, your IAS is 225kts and the OAT is -5C at 21,000', what number do you put in block 4 of your flight plan?

Rick

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1410 on: March 19, 2014, 04:53:02 AM »

Several years ago I was getting rid of some old equipment at work. The boss said to get rid of a whole bunch of stuff in the room I was working in and he didn't care what I did with the stuff or how I got rid of it. One of the pieces of equipment was a McIntosh mono tube amp is pristine condition. I don't remember the model number but that thing weighed a ton! I put it on the bench and tested it out, it worked perfectly. I was curious to see what that thing was worth so I checked it out on e-bay. I found the exact same model that had just been sold and it went for $750. I contacted the guy (he lived in India) who came in second in the bidding (back then you could do that). I told him what I had and sent him some pics. He told me that he HAD to have that amp and offered me $800 plus shipping. SOLD! He said that he would mail me the money and then I could ship it to him. Fine with me. About a week later I received $900 in the mail, ALL cash wrapped in tin foil. WTF? No matter, the money was real and I shipped the amp thank you very much! 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1411 on: March 19, 2014, 06:00:19 PM »
First time renting a hamster mobile (Kia Soul).  Pretty good power, nice and roomy and handles decently.  Not much carrying space, though.  Another drawback..I have the insane urge to play loud music and bob my head to it.

Offline Gsun

« Reply #1412 on: March 19, 2014, 10:18:35 PM »
I have some stuff from the early 70's. It is the Nakamichi wedge series. (not the real name). It has a pre amp, tuner, power amp, cassette deck, a power center and a rack that holds them one above the other. I got it from a buddy who bought it new. I gave it to a young guy that I know and now he has no room for it (two new kids). So I am getting it back. Googled it and a set like this sells for about a grand! Woo Hoo!!

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1413 on: March 20, 2014, 11:03:34 AM »
Doris Day was originally planned for the part of "Mrs. Robinson" in the film The Graduate. But they were worried that many people seeing her in the way with stockings s and heels would have had an opposite effect at what they wanted to portray and I think she was also worried about adverse effect to her "good girl' persona.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1414 on: April 02, 2014, 10:07:28 AM »
Speaking of beer, I had some Crabbies Ginger Beer which is out of the UK.  Most awful stuff I've ever tasted.  I've never had a sweet beer and based on this experience will never ever try one again.  Got three bottles left (thank goodness it only comes in a 4 pack here).  Free for the taking and take it as far away as you can.  :_shudder_Emoticon

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #1415 on: April 02, 2014, 10:44:53 AM »
Did somebody say beer? If you live in the Portland area you need to check out ABV. 32 beers on tap always rotating new microbeers, meads, wines. Food is good a bit on the pricey side, but you can't beat the beer selection. There websites shows real time how much is left in each keg.  :thumbs: :chugbeer:

http://www.abvpub.com/taps/

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1416 on: April 02, 2014, 11:23:47 AM »
Love them Gumby, made it there last summer.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #1417 on: April 02, 2014, 12:31:47 PM »
ABV just opened up a month or two ago.

Brent, you must have been in a drunkin slumber at one of the other fine beer establishments we have around here. ;) I love the PNW, tons of places to go get good food and micro beer.  :chugbeer:

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1418 on: April 02, 2014, 12:32:58 PM »
I was drinking so fast, I got the names confused.
:)
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Son of Pappy

« Reply #1419 on: April 08, 2014, 07:32:01 PM »
I bought a new motorcycle.

A Beta Evo 300.  Yawn ;)