Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 671646 times)

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #3300 on: January 28, 2019, 12:50:12 PM »
less than zero/noting.   (fyi, we have around 2 feet of snow on the ground already)

Today
A chance of snow and freezing drizzle before 11am, then a chance of snow. Patchy blowing snow after 1pm. Cloudy, with a temperature rising to near 29 by 9am, then falling to around 18 during the remainder of the day. Blustery, with a south wind 15 to 20 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Tonight
A chance of snow before 8pm, then a chance of flurries between 8pm and 10pm. Patchy blowing snow before 8pm. Cloudy, with a low around -5. Wind chill values as low as -21. Blustery, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tuesday
Patchy blowing snow between noon and 5pm. Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 1. Wind chill values as low as -28. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Tuesday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around -26. Wind chill values as low as -50. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Wednesday
Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -16. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Wednesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around -30.   :o

Thursday
Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -4.

Thursday Night
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7.
I'm not that far from you across the river in NE Iowa.
Time to put the cold weather gear on, huh?
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #3301 on: January 28, 2019, 08:52:14 PM »

Yes, all of it. All the gear you have.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=47.23507040000004&lon=-93.52352509999997#.XE_NmNFMGhB

Two nights in a row forecast for -38*F actual low temps. Add in a nice breeze for some windchill factor for good measure. Week number two of it.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3302 on: January 29, 2019, 07:09:42 AM »
Yes, all of it. All the gear you have.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=47.23507040000004&lon=-93.52352509999997#.XE_NmNFMGhB

Two nights in a row forecast for -38*F actual low temps. Add in a nice breeze for some windchill factor for good measure. Week number two of it.

Ouch!!!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3303 on: January 29, 2019, 07:10:40 AM »

Cold weather gear? I'm retired man! I just won't be going outside is all.    :)

The poor animals though...

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #3304 on: January 29, 2019, 09:41:49 AM »
Cold weather gear? I'm retired man! I just won't be going outside is all.    :)

The poor animals though...
I hear you Conrad. This just happens to be the week I’m doing livestock chores for a buddy. I’m not as concerned for the cattle. They have protection and are doing fine. I’m hoping the waterers don’t freeze up! They can be a huge PIA.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3305 on: January 29, 2019, 01:41:09 PM »
Alright! Three of us that like the stock exhaust because it is quiet.    :) 8)

I guess I'm still a member of that group, always like the lack of sound.

but I do think clipping a bit of it's length, makes a nice compromise... no real loud difference, just the slightest pleasant tone, while still virtually as quiet as prior...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #3306 on: January 29, 2019, 01:51:09 PM »
I guess I'm still a member of that group, always like the lack of sound.

but I do think clipping a bit of it's length, makes a nice compromise... no real loud difference, just the slightest pleasant tone, while still virtually as quiet as prior...

MoB, is there a thread describing how you did this? Think I might be interested. Winter project to keep my out of the wife's way err, busy. Thanks.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3307 on: January 29, 2019, 03:43:20 PM »
MoB, is there a thread describing how you did this? Think I might be interested. Winter project to keep my out of the wife's way err, busy. Thanks.

Shortening the factory muffler:

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=5541
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=5666
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #3308 on: January 29, 2019, 05:45:45 PM »
Thanks, Max. I'll take a look but don't have a welder so it may have to wait. I'll check with a couple guys at work to see if they have one.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3309 on: January 30, 2019, 07:03:05 AM »
I hear you Conrad. This just happens to be the week I’m doing livestock chores for a buddy. I’m not as concerned for the cattle. They have protection and are doing fine. I’m hoping the waterers don’t freeze up! They can be a huge PIA.

Good luck with those chores!

Minus 26 here this morn with a wind chill of 45 below!   :o

My dogs don't spend much time outside doing their 'business'. 

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #3310 on: January 30, 2019, 06:04:35 PM »
Appears to be the coldest night so far in the current cold stretch. Weather service predicts -43*F actual temp tonight, but the winds have calmed down. So, we've got that going for us....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3311 on: January 31, 2019, 07:25:53 AM »
Appears to be the coldest night so far in the current cold stretch. Weather service predicts -43*F actual temp tonight, but the winds have calmed down. So, we've got that going for us....

-29*F here this morn with a wind chill of -56*F.

Today's high temp is -4*F but that's supposed to happen just before midnight tonight.

That's brisk baby!

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #3312 on: January 31, 2019, 10:19:16 AM »
Good luck with those chores!

Minus 26 here this morn with a wind chill of 45 below!   :o

My dogs don't spend much time outside doing their 'business'. 
Made it through the coldest temps without waterers freezing up. I call that a success. :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3313 on: January 31, 2019, 04:06:01 PM »
-29*F here this morn with a wind chill of -56*F.

Today's high temp is -4*F but that's supposed to happen just before midnight tonight.

That's brisk baby!

YOWSA!!! I've seen -20 a few times in Colorado but never -29. Stay warm my friend!

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #3314 on: January 31, 2019, 04:27:40 PM »
Made it through the coldest temps without waterers freezing up. I call that a success. :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Yep, same here too. Made it through the worst of it (-42*F this morning) this week w/o any issues the cold was responsible for. Had to replace a battery in the daughters car yesterday and spent most of yesterday fixing a failed copper water supply pipe at my parents house. It didn't freeze (somehow) but it just corroded thru the pipe wall. Built in the mid-60's it's been one of several copper pipe failures there. But why they always have to be in an impossible to access area is amazing. Plenty of burns from solder droplets getting down my sleeve. Drying out walls and floors today.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3315 on: February 01, 2019, 07:29:43 AM »
And now on Money it's supposed to reach almost 50*F here. That's one hell of a temp swing!

I have around three feet of snow in my yard at the moment. I really hope that it doesn't melt too fast because a lot of that melt water will end up in my garage.  :o

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3316 on: March 02, 2019, 04:39:08 PM »
From the 'Now I've heard everything' department.....https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/madhya-pradesh-opium-addicted-parrots-flying-away-with-poppy-pods-in-neemuch-1999471

"Opium-Addicted" Parrots Affecting Poppy Cultivation In Madhya Pradesh

But a large group of parrots feed on poppy plants around 30-40 times a day and some even fly away with poppy pods, said a farmer from Madhya Pradesh.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #3317 on: March 03, 2019, 02:11:29 PM »
Methinks those parrots may be members of a cartel.......

Brian

From the 'Now I've heard everything' department.....https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/madhya-pradesh-opium-addicted-parrots-flying-away-with-poppy-pods-in-neemuch-1999471

"Opium-Addicted" Parrots Affecting Poppy Cultivation In Madhya Pradesh

But a large group of parrots feed on poppy plants around 30-40 times a day and some even fly away with poppy pods, said a farmer from Madhya Pradesh.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #3318 on: March 06, 2019, 04:05:10 PM »

Daylight Savings time change this weekend.   I don't think it saves anything.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3319 on: March 06, 2019, 06:55:35 PM »
Daylight Savings time change this weekend.   I don't think it saves anything.

It saves my mood and sanity to actually have sunlight when I can use it- after work!  Yay!  Now, if we can just STAY on it and never change back, then I would remain happy.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc