Author Topic: "Borrowed" prop for tomorrow's studio shoot  (Read 3016 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
"Borrowed" prop for tomorrow's studio shoot
« on: October 05, 2012, 10:14:13 PM »
I'm assistant photographer for a glamor shoot tomorrow and was asked last minute if there is any way possible I can find a "scooter".

I found some Italian elegance, a precious friend let me borrow her new VESPA with only 600 miles on it. Snapped a few shots of her baby scoot in the rain on the way back from her beach house where she keeps it.

Quite nice haulin' it after all the bikes my truck has hauled to tracks

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline timmerz

Re: "Borrowed" prop for tomorrow's studio shoot
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 09:51:21 AM »
Was just looking at prices of scooters yesterday on Craigs for the wife, and was flabbergasted at the prices...

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 04:38:00 PM »
But the ladies are all over them if you get a real Vespa. I can't post pics of the actual photoshoot as they belong to the client...but here's an outtake.

This one thought she caught a bug in her teeth after our ride today? =)

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 04:38:45 PM »
Second shot is great Steve! Water drop make for cool pictures. Also, that little scooter looks to have top notch paint. They must be pretty well made.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 04:27:47 PM »
Pretty soon he'll have to quite his day job.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline timmerz

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 05:01:52 PM »
Is that a bicycle ringer-bell on the left mirror stalk?? :o

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 08:57:35 PM »
Is that a bicycle ringer-bell on the left mirror stalk?? :o

Its the real Italian Vespa bell.....    but yes sir bicycle bell!   :D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 09:48:36 AM »
Everyone loves/hates a critique, right?  The second pic, I personally woulda used the rules of thirds, maybe placed the logo down and right a tad.  I would say the pic is more of a portrait style.
Keep em coming Steve and please, disregard my rudeness ;D

Offline ZG

• Arena

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 11:13:34 AM »
Everyone loves/hates a critique, right?  The second pic, I personally woulda used the rules of thirds, maybe placed the logo down and right a tad.  I would say the pic is more of a portrait style.
Keep em coming Steve and please, disregard my rudeness ;D

Thanks and I agree. Those 1st two pics were "snapshots", I wasn't trying to do anything.

The studio shoot went well.  I posted the outtake pic for the laugh(its a snapshot too really) , and the others I can't because the real owner owns them now =)

Rule of thirds?  In model shoots rules are to be broken, the same mundane pics as people have been shooting since rule of thirds was taught in school is out.  Even the pics in Vogue, Cosmo, Playboy nowadays break that rule, plus its cool now to cut off a hand or  foot and in the old days that would've had one strung up according to my professor.