Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 456806 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1120 on: July 03, 2015, 12:05:26 PM »
Preach It Brother!

All my PC/Network friends scoff at me when I tell them that my iSeries box would not only run circles around their Windoze machines, it would do it forever (ok, maybe a little hyperbole there)

In over 20 years, I've only seen it down for about 15 days or so cumulative... (other than planned outages for backup, upgrades, maintenance etc.)

Used to do capacity planning for a VAR, but I'm not doing any h/w or architecture work on them anymore, just programming now, but I'm still an iSeries AS/400 evangelist...

Jamie

FIFY
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1121 on: July 03, 2015, 04:19:38 PM »
I would never shop online, I understand why some do, its not for me, ever. The whole experience of going to the store or market, walking around, shopping, buying the things you need, holding them, comparing them, squeezing them, smelling them, then taking it all home and preparing it with your wife/girlfriend and eating it listening to some good music sipping a good wine is what I love about food and shopping for it. As with all things online, it will never replace that experience, once again, I know why others do it or need to do it, its not for me. Maybe if we run rails down the aisles and attach the carts to them, or, get rid of the carts altogether.....
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1122 on: July 04, 2015, 06:56:50 AM »
I would never shop online, I understand why some do, its not for me, ever. The whole experience of going to the store or market, walking around, shopping, buying the things you need, holding them, comparing them, squeezing them, smelling them, then taking it all home and preparing it with your wife/girlfriend and eating it listening to some good music sipping a good wine is what I love about food and shopping for it. As with all things online, it will never replace that experience, once again, I know why others do it or need to do it, its not for me. Maybe if we run rails down the aisles and attach the carts to them, or, get rid of the carts altogether.....

Hard to do this with caned and dry goods as they all pretty much smell the same. Squeezing them tells one nothing.   ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1123 on: July 04, 2015, 07:01:55 AM »
snip...

People push shopping carts around the supermarket in much the same way the drive a car.

You're right! I see it all the time. Texting while pushing a cart, stopping in the middle of the freakin aisle while they update their facebook crap (or whatever) while holding up 'traffic' behind them.   >:( 

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1124 on: July 04, 2015, 02:51:55 PM »
Being told I have to work 4th of July to test networks after a maintenance shutdown and now 3 hours late. Yeah that's what I wanted to do on my 3 day weekend, sit around waiting to start work. I don't mind working if work needs to be done but waiting to work MAKES ME CRAZY AND ANNOYED!!!!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1125 on: July 04, 2015, 03:55:01 PM »
You getting paid showup time?

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1126 on: July 04, 2015, 07:43:39 PM »
Salary, no diff in pay if I drink beer and enjoy the 4th or sit around waiting for the stooopid networks to come up.

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #1127 on: July 05, 2015, 01:50:52 AM »
Its 87 degrees in my house at 9 am, it'll be a touch over 90 by this afternoon, same as its been for the last couple of weeks.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1128 on: July 05, 2015, 07:47:14 AM »
We went down to the lake last night to watch the fireworks. The beach was pristine and the weather perfect. I was happy to see that the folks who set the area up had PLENTY of garbage cans and recycle bins around. There were lots of families and kids on hand to enjoy the event.

After the fireworks these families get up to leave but do they pick up their :censored: trash and toss it in the cans on the way out?

:censored: no!!!   >:(

Seriously, What in the :censored: is wrong with people? Does it take that much effort to pick up after yourself? I instilled this lesson in my boys as they were growing up why wouldn't these parents teach their kids this lesson?

This really boggles my mind.

This doesn't just make me crazy and annoyed, it pisses me right the :censored: off!!!

Why do so many people suck? 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1129 on: July 05, 2015, 08:33:12 AM »
People are basically stupid.  Remember that and you won't be disappointed.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1130 on: July 05, 2015, 08:49:28 AM »

It's amazing that us humans have made it to this 'advanced civilization' without killing each other off. I guess we're still working on that...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 04:21:42 PM by Conrad »

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #1131 on: July 05, 2015, 09:01:26 AM »

Uh...you spelt stoopid wrong.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1132 on: July 05, 2015, 09:22:12 AM »
Uh...you spelt stoopid wrong.

A world full of "stoopid" people like this guy would be an INFINITELY better place than one full of "geniuses" like BO and Pelosi.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1133 on: July 06, 2015, 07:57:44 AM »
The people who did not pick up their trash obviously never saw the crying Indian commercial.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #1134 on: July 06, 2015, 09:34:15 AM »
The people who did not pick up their trash obviously never saw the crying Indian commercial.

And the people that made that commercial have never been up to the reservations around here. There is no "stewardship" of the land as led to believe.
Litter really makes me crazy. And really annoyed.

This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #1135 on: July 06, 2015, 09:36:32 AM »

Not just stupid. Lazy. And arrogant.
Yes, I know that, but it still disappoints me.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1136 on: July 06, 2015, 08:38:20 PM »
henry ford called it right in regards to the indians  ;D

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1137 on: July 07, 2015, 03:34:36 AM »
This by the only American mentioned in Hitler's "Mein Kampf". Sorry, not a fan of Mr. Ford.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1138 on: July 08, 2015, 08:44:44 AM »
This by the only American mentioned in Hitler's "Mein Kampf". Sorry, not a fan of Mr. Ford.

How many bombers and tanks did Mr. Ford produce to help annihilate the nazi's?

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #1139 on: July 08, 2015, 11:04:02 AM »
:censored: me. Here's how they packed the bike for my PCS back to the states.