Author Topic: MCE Gen. 1 Canyon Cage Group Buy Through July 19th!  (Read 103390 times)

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
Re: MCE Gen. 1 Canyon Cage Group Buy Through July 19th!
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 11:26:30 AM »
Thank you guys for getting all of your orders in so early! It seriously makes it much easier on our part when we know how many cages we have to run. Also, it helps get your cages out quicker when we run the proper amount in the first production run instead of having to add more later or start a second production run (which slows everything down!) and we can only do that if people place their orders early enough as you guys have done so I thank you for that! Oh and we're up to 16 orders currently so keep 'em coming! I really want you guys to hit the maximum discount!

My question is, on the gen 1, do you have to remove the cage before you can take off the body work? If so how hard is the cage to remove?

You can loosen the body work without removing the cage itself but to completely remove the fairings the cage does need to come off. The cage itself isn't really that hard to remove, especially once you know what to expect from putting it on the bike. Some people said it took them an hour to get both sides on and others have said it's taken them 2+ hours so I guess it depends on your knowledge of mechanics and whether or not you have the proper tools at hand.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 02:58:37 PM »
I posted up a link to this thread and info at the COG site. The more the merier cheaper right?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 03:16:07 PM »
I posted up a link to this thread and info at the COG site. The more the merier cheaper right?

That's true! Thanks for posting this on the COG site, Conrad!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 04:52:12 PM »
8)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2012, 06:04:07 AM »

That's true! Thanks for posting this on the COG site, Conrad!

I'm not sure if we'll get many/any buyers from the COG site.  :o

I posted the new info in an existing thread and then someone by the name of VAGTR started a new thread on the subject. Bob thanked him for the info by giving him a ration of crap for his trouble.

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,35727.0.html

I couldn't keep my mouth shut about what Bob said, and I'm not the only one. See for yourself...

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2012, 06:44:19 AM »

I posted the new info in an existing thread and then someone by the name of VAGTR started a new thread on the subject. Bob thanked him for the info by giving him a ration of crap for his trouble.

I couldn't keep my mouth shut about what Bob said, and I'm not the only one. See for yourself...

Could be worse- he could have just deleted all opposing viewpoints and edited the posting in any way he wanted.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2012, 06:46:18 AM »
Could be worse- he could have just deleted all opposing viewpoints and edited the posting in any way he wanted.

It's not over yet...    ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2012, 06:50:26 AM »
Ok guys...let it die.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2012, 07:02:19 AM »

That's a thought... :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2012, 08:24:49 AM »
Yep....that mod pulled a good thread and opportunity down the crap tube.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2012, 08:29:08 AM »

I am VAGTR on the "other site".  I chose to take the high road for the benefit of the members here. Hopefully we will get a couple interested that otherwise would not have known. 

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2012, 09:11:37 AM »
Ryan,
As there are several Canyon threads I will try and use the most pertinent thread for my question.  I have a 2009 and it is equipped with a set of Ronnie's Pegs. I understand the Gen 2 has no problems but I am interested in your opinion on the Gen 1 bikes.  I have attached photos for comparison.  Thanks.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2012, 09:21:02 AM »
Ryan,
As there are several Canyon threads I will try and use the most pertinent thread for my question.  I have a 2009 and it is equipped with a set of Ronnie's Pegs. I understand the Gen 2 has no problems but I am interested in your opinion on the Gen 1 bikes.  I have attached photos for comparison.  Thanks.

Eeew, I think they are not going to work together on the Gen1.  :(
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Bugnut

• The Dude abides.
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2012, 09:31:05 AM »
PM sent. Will call in CC info Monday if that's o.k.

Surprised at the COG site. Maybe it's just the mod, but I know they are the same type of folks. We all ride the same bike for heaven sakes!!

Mike
"Now I know what the Klingons felt like when the Enterprise was at warp 9 with photon torpedoes firing away as they blasted past. There is no way I could catch up to, much less get past that Concours when it's on the hunt it's lights at full power."

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2012, 04:47:00 PM »
Ryan,

Yeaaa, it doesn't look like they're going to work together. However, that's not to say that they wouldn't work together with some slight modification to the pegs or the peg mount. What type of modification? I can't be sure without having both and tinkering around a bit. If you'd like to be the guinea pig for us and test it out, we can set up some arrangement where we waive the restocking fee and cover the shipping back to our facility if the part absolutely won't work. If you'd like to do this, we can speak more about it on Monday when I'm back in the office!

PM sent. Will call in CC info Monday if that's o.k.

Surprised at the COG site. Maybe it's just the mod, but I know they are the same type of folks. We all ride the same bike for heaven sakes!!

Mike

Sounds good! I believe you're order #17 or so.

Offline quickwilly

• Meh
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2012, 06:27:35 PM »
Put my 1 1/2 order in......forgot to mention I wanted saddle bag guards as well :-[

Thanks for all the hard work
2009 Connie
2000 ZX-12R

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2012, 09:30:52 PM »
You grossly overestimate the "giveadamnatude" of the silent majority.  Most people don't agree with the heavy handed mod, nor give a crap about the "this board/that board Peyton Place" that has been the US COG of the last few years.  The people who frequent that board more than this will buy the bars if they want them, and won't be dissuaded by that thread.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:59:13 AM by Necron99 »
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline Conrad

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2012, 07:02:40 AM »
I am VAGTR on the "other site".  I chose to take the high road for the benefit of the members here. Hopefully we will get a couple interested that otherwise would not have known.

Thanks for doing that, someone had to take the high road as I wasn't able to.

Offline jaclaw

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2012, 07:31:08 AM »
Someone needs to retire Cap' Bob.

Offline gflint

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2012, 02:48:48 PM »
Are these only tip over guards?  Would they do much at say 30 mph?
Keep it simple - if no one has shot at me or tried to blow me up it is a good day.