Author Topic: Flashing headlights/freedom of speech  (Read 22704 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Flashing headlights/freedom of speech
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2011, 07:17:39 AM »
Troll cop from a commie state? 
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2011, 07:26:50 AM »
Troll cop from a commie state? 

If by commie, you mean Commonwealth, then yes.  If it's the other meaning, no.  >:(
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

badcop621

« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2011, 09:00:57 AM »
While it is clear that most on this thread doesnt like law enforcement and some the only time you`ve had to deal with the police is when your sitting in front of the blue lights. It is also very clear that some on here think the do whatever they want to and the rules dont apply to them. I am speaking of the laws that apply here in Virginia only. I have no idea what goes on in other states. From what it sounds like is something different. I have no idea.

I do have a challenge for some, Come out on the Road, and do the job as I have the past 15 years and then we`ll talk.

On another note, This thread has opened my eyes as to what kind of folks that are on this website. Stupid remarks such as ,donuts, in the academy only six months, etc; really shows your intelligence level as no one here knows anything about me. Yes, there may be some good folks on here. Some are in this thread. So I have found out what I need to do.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2011, 09:10:27 AM »
Revenuer

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2011, 09:12:45 AM »
Go read the entire traffic code book for Va and the case law that goes with it and you may understand where I'm coming from.

Why should anyone bother?   If the regulations are up to the "interpretation" of ill-trained officers in the field, it doesn't matter what the law says.  Only what the officer "interprets" the law to mean. 
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

badcop621

« Reply #105 on: October 17, 2011, 09:23:43 AM »
You still have to go by what the code sections means. Does every little detail, do`s and dont`s, about the law have to be written out? If this was the case, Then why do we even have attorneys?? 

Son of Pappy

« Reply #106 on: October 17, 2011, 09:46:30 AM »
While it is clear that most on this thread doesnt like law enforcement and some the only time you`ve had to deal with the police is when your sitting in front of the blue lights. It is also very clear that some on here think the do whatever they want to and the rules dont apply to them. I am speaking of the laws that apply here in Virginia only. I have no idea what goes on in other states. From what it sounds like is something different. I have no idea.

I do have a challenge for some, Come out on the Road, and do the job as I have the past 15 years and then we`ll talk.

On another note, This thread has opened my eyes as to what kind of folks that are on this website. Stupid remarks such as ,donuts, in the academy only six months, etc; really shows your intelligence level as no one here knows anything about me. Yes, there may be some good folks on here. Some are in this thread. So I have found out what I need to do.
Projecting just a tad, eh?  I reckon you have no idea what kind of folk we have.  Any idea what the smileys are for?  I wish we could figure out who you are, you have projected a veiled threat and promised abuse of the law.  It is police officers like you that give good LEOs a black eye.  If you are truly a LEO with 15 years of service, which BTW I seriously doubt, it is only a matter of time before you are looking for work.  Based on what you have written, I would say you dont write many reports, or if you do, it is a reflection on your leadership.  I would suggest you exercise your righ to remain silent.  It is better to remain silent and have us question your foolishness, than open your virtual mouth and remove all doubt.  Friendly advice from a concerned family member.

If you want to continue this banter start a thread in the Arena, a place this is surely headed if we continue this route.  Weve muddied up the Open Forum enough (IMHO).

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2011, 10:14:23 AM »
I think we're to the point of  :doublepuke: here unfortunately so I'm terminating this interesting discussion for now.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.