Author Topic: COG 2011 "Green Mountain" National  (Read 17962 times)

Offline ssmith

• Concours Owners Group
COG 2011 "Green Mountain" National
« on: May 12, 2011, 03:56:05 AM »
August 8 - 12
Mount Snow Resort
West Dover, Vermont

Register now

Link To Rally Home Page
Click here to go to the 2011 National Rally web pages

IMPORTANT:
  • Register for the rally. The Earlybird registration fee ends June 1
  • Book your rooms ASAP. Our room block will be released on June 9.
Steve Smith, COG #3184
Get your own official COG # by joining the Concours Owners Group, the premier sport-touring club for Concours enthusiasts and sport-touring riders.  Click here to learn more about club membership

Offline this is a rv

• This is a RV
Re: COG 2011 "Green Mountain" National
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 10:46:49 AM »
Why is this getting post here? 
Please move to www.cog-online.org
Jack Gindra
X-COG #43

Offline norcalbarney

• I got me an '86
    • Bikes, bro
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 10:56:30 AM »
I think it's relevant.  Not everyone here is a member of COG-online.  Why should this event kept a big secret to members of this site?

Offline Mettler1

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 09:50:01 PM »
   This is about Concours owners. NOT about us and them!!
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 08:45:52 PM »

Absolutely Tom.... This forum is the sole property of Rick Hall and to this date dispite any differances between him and COG he has never so much as said boo about the posting of COG info here in this sandbox.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline coffee_brake

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 08:59:37 PM »
Absolutely Tom.... This forum is the sole property of Rick Hall and to this date dispite any differances between him and COG he has never so much as said boo about the posting of COG info here in this sandbox.

+1.
2005 Concours, toothpaste blue
1986 VFR700
1999 Bandit 1200

Bob

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 09:00:38 PM »
Why is this getting post here? 
Please move to www.cog-online.org

Your still welcome to come to the national and have a beverage with me, even if you don't like like me because I'm a member of COG! Maybe you'll see again that it's about people and motorcycles rather than politics!  ;)

Offline Centex

• Arena
    • Central Motorcycle Roadracing Association
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 10:20:12 PM »

bravo +1
Alan in Central Texas
2004 Connie COG 9476
2001 Ducati M750

Offline Rockstar

• Don't call em bikers until you've seen them ride
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 10:08:29 PM »
I'm looking forward to this National and already registered  :goodpost:
GL1800 my 2 up ride ZG1000 my alone time ride
Ninja EX 500 stolen by my son ride
Honda CRF off road ride
Scooter go get the mail ride

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 04:29:18 AM »

Dispute the hoopla going on if I were not sch to be working during that time frame I would be there as it is about the people. The Parking Lot Socials are the most fun!
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 12:19:11 PM »
Your still welcome to come to the national and have a beverage with me, even if you don't like like me because I'm a member of COG! Maybe you'll see again that it's about people and motorcycles rather than politics!  ;)

I still like you, Bob.  Looking forward to seeing you there.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Mettler1

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 09:56:57 AM »

Me too! and my wife.
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 10:40:40 AM »
I like Bob too and drink with him also. The only problem we ever had was when I tried to put my fob in his drink....  wussy.

By the way, the 'fob soaking' drink of choice at the national will be Scotch, 80 proof. We're going to extend the grain alcohol range a bit and stress test the fob seal.

Brian

I still like you, Bob.  Looking forward to seeing you there.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rockstar

• Don't call em bikers until you've seen them ride
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 04:55:49 PM »
80 proof ? who is the wussy ?   ;)

100 proof or nothing  ;D
GL1800 my 2 up ride ZG1000 my alone time ride
Ninja EX 500 stolen by my son ride
Honda CRF off road ride
Scooter go get the mail ride

Offline DHarvey

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 05:08:01 PM »
Ok...ummmm.at the risk of having mucho heavy things thrown at my head, what exactly is the issue here? I'm a newbie to the C14 world and I 'sense' some ...ahhhh.. drum roll puhleeze..'discord' between this site and the COG's group...what's the dileo?

Bob

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 06:33:30 PM »
I like Bob too and drink with him also. The only problem we ever had was when I tried to put my fob in his drink....  wussy.

By the way, the 'fob soaking' drink of choice at the national will be Scotch, 80 proof. We're going to extend the grain alcohol range a bit and stress test the fob seal.

Brian

I thought you already did the scotch test at the pizza gathering. Or was that something else?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 08:33:44 PM »
Nope, that was beer. One of the rare times I drank beer and only thing because you would not let me put my fob in your beer. It was a Sam Adams as a matter of fact.

Here is the list:

Soda at the fall social event in CT.
Results: The fob worked when completely submerged, and the soda was somehow sweeter or better than it was before putting the fob in there.

Beer at the pizza thing in CT.
Results: The fob worked when completely submerged in beer. The beer tasted about the same as I remember it but I am not a big beer drinker.

Wine at the Spring Fling starting this Thurs:
Results: Unknown but I expect the same stunning performance from KiPass. The wine may be a Riesling or a White Zinfandel.

Scotch at the National in August:
Results: Unknown but at least the fob will have something to fend off that time. It will be a blended, cheap (young) scotch 'cause I don't like expensive (old) scotch. Although I expect the scotch to be somehow better after a good fob soaking.

Fob in water:

Fob in soda:

Cap'n Bob being terrorized by a fob / stove knob key combination (Known as a KiPass one- two):

Brian

I thought you already did the scotch test at the pizza gathering. Or was that something else?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 08:41:07 PM »
I would love to make this...........y'all know you want me to!!!!! :chugbeer:

And I love the Green Mountains by the way, one of the best places I have ridden.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 09:14:06 PM »
Yep, the Green mountains are really nice riding. So are the White mountains further up the same state (Moose- mont). The resort where the national is going to be held is also very nice, especially if the official COG fire- maker is there and I hear that he will be in August. Sure it is a little dangerous but I promised we would touch up the scorched eves on the building when we left....

Brian

I would love to make this...........y'all know you want me to!!!!! :chugbeer:

And I love the Green Mountains by the way, one of the best places I have ridden.

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 03:02:15 AM »
Ok...ummmm.at the risk of having mucho heavy things thrown at my head, what exactly is the issue here? I'm a newbie to the C14 world and I 'sense' some ...ahhhh.. drum roll puhleeze..'discord' between this site and the COG's group...what's the dileo?

Please, not in this thread, and everyone just needs to let it go away, please  :deadhorse:
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"