Author Topic: Rear Brake/ABS Pump issue  (Read 52209 times)

Offline basmntdweller

• The Profile Brotherhood
Re: Rear Brake/ABS Pump issue
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2020, 07:49:56 AM »
Well, I have failed! A used ZX14 unit is ordered from eBay. I will swap the electronics from my unit to the eBay pump and the rest should be a basic reinstall and bleed. The solenoid valve laying out in the picture is hopelessly stuck. There is no way to disassemble it further and still be useable. Too bad mama Kaw doesn't sell the individual valves! It looks to me like they are assembled and the laser welded into a solid assembly.
New pump should be here on Friday. I guess if I want to ride this week, it will have to be on the wife's cruiser.

Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350
'11 Suzuki C50T wife's ride since she hates my Connie
'03 Honda CBR600RR track bike

Offline basmntdweller

• The Profile Brotherhood
« Reply #181 on: June 21, 2020, 12:40:28 PM »
Brakes are back to normal! I ended up just swapping one of the valves from the eBay unit into my old unit. Everything went back together but I ended up with a leftover screw from somewhere!
I have to admit there are several things I hate about working on brakes. Invariably I get fluid on my hands and after the job is done, I always feel like the pedal/lever is spongier than before. I did test ride and it stops as good as it ever did. Anti locks seemed to function properly as well. I had to ride through my yard to get the front to activate.

Thanks, Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350
'11 Suzuki C50T wife's ride since she hates my Connie
'03 Honda CBR600RR track bike

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #182 on: June 21, 2020, 02:53:54 PM »
Brakes are back to normal! I ended up just swapping one of the valves from the eBay unit into my old unit.

Congratulations! 

Everything went back together but I ended up with a leftover screw from somewhere!

I think that has happened to all of us.  It certainly has to me...

Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Freddy

« Reply #183 on: June 21, 2020, 05:57:23 PM »
 :chugbeer:
The best substitute for brains is .............what?