Author Topic: Ohio / Southwest Ride 10/22/11  (Read 4592 times)

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
Ohio / Southwest Ride 10/22/11
« on: October 18, 2011, 08:00:58 PM »
Well I'll give this another shot.
Meeting: 10am Youngs Jersey Dairy on St Rt. 68 just S of Springfield
Kickstands up:  10:15 to 10:45 am
Route: South to Hillsboro, then 73 to Ohio River, then West on 52 to 247. Then North on 247 back to Hillsboro.
Semi-technical, good pavement except for 52, 247 needs concentration.
Limited truck traffic on weekends.
Lots of roads to exit early if the need is there.
Look at your OHIO maps for reference roads. Depending on your start point, it will ba an all day ride.
Better take advantage of this one, might just be the last of the yr.
Hope you can make it.
Ride safe all,
Greg
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 08:15:44 AM by Pfloydgad »
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline insignificant

Re: Ohio / Southwest Ride 10/22/11
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 06:10:19 PM »
Hey Greg. Sounds like an excellent ride, but I'm working this Saturday. Have fun and give a full report. Steve

Offline Pfloydgad

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 01:21:29 PM »
Going to miss you Steve, might be one of the last days to get this done.
Kinda disapointed in the response, again.
COG rides in Ohio  were not to good this yr.
Oh well, ride safe al.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 01:32:34 PM »
I am busy all day tomorrow, would love to have joined you "Hillsboro is where I was born and raised". ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Zman

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 05:52:27 PM »
Hey, God willing.... I'll roll out of here at 8:30 and be Youngs by 10............

Offline Zman

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 06:02:56 AM »
Wow!! Who ordered the fog?......... I'm still coming.....

Offline Pfloydgad

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 06:45:09 PM »
Well Connie riders,
You missed a great ride today. Tom (ZMan) made it through the fog, the sun came out and it became a perfect day for a ride.
Roads were super clean, no problems at all with cagers. Traffic was lite most of the day, got to the Mural Wall in Portsmouth, awesome.
Pace was brisk, and just way to much fun.
For those who missed it, you blew it, cause you missed a great day. It is a shame it had to end.
Thanks again Tom for making the trip over, glad to finally meet and ride with you.
Lets hope the weather holds and we can get a couple more of these in, maybe some of these riders will grow some and join us next time.  ::)
Ride safe all,
Greg

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 09:14:58 PM »
Well Connie riders,
You missed a great ride today. Tom (ZMan) made it through the fog, the sun came out and it became a perfect day for a ride.
Roads were super clean, no problems at all with cagers. Traffic was lite most of the day, got to the Mural Wall in Portsmouth, awesome.
Pace was brisk, and just way to much fun.
For those who missed it, you blew it, cause you missed a great day. It is a shame it had to end.
Thanks again Tom for making the trip over, glad to finally meet and ride with you.
Lets hope the weather holds and we can get a couple more of these in, maybe some of these riders will grow some and join us next time.  ::)
Ride safe all,
Greg

Had my only son not had a cross country meet today, I would've joined ya. Family comes first and my balls are actually quite large. ;) So I think I will try to go for a ride tomorrow.....you wouldnt be able to follow me, not sure the Connie will hang with my WR250 offroad.  8)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Pfloydgad

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 09:48:58 AM »
The Family thing will never, ever be a question mark. Mine are first also, sorry about that part coming through. And of course work does its bit also.
My frustration was more from the cold aspect. And maybe it is just my view of this past riding season. It was an extremely lean year for COG rides here in Ohio. I tried multiple times, with little to no responses. I know there are lots of things with the economy contributing to this, It affected me also, so I guess my ranting is is a case of rider envy.
Hopefully this economy crap will change and we can get back on the road the way we all like to ride.
Everyone please ride safe, and please don't forget the gear, if for no other reason then to stay warm.
Greg

Offline ddavid

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 10:32:40 AM »
I would have joined you except for work of course. I agree the riding has been lean. I will keep an eye out for you to ride if the weather stays nice.

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 10:47:14 AM »
  Don't beat yourself up about it Greg.  If it wasn't for the regular group of fine folks here in Michigan, the rides/meets up here in Michigan would be a bust as well!  It's the very rare occasion that we see any of the other Michigan members & forum posters attending.  Maybe it's my warm & charming personality? :stirpot: :loco: :rotflmao:   I know last Sunday's weather starting out wasn't optimum, but the sun DID make an appearance afterwards for the ride home.

By the way, did anyone take any pics of your ride?
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline Pfloydgad

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 11:14:47 AM »
Thanks Dean,
I have a few from the Mural wall, if I can find my cable for the camera. Just a note, the wife did some cleaning while I was out yesterday. She sometimes reads this, so that is all I have to say about that.
Come on Indian Summer.  :grouphug:
Ride safe all.
Greg

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 11:27:25 AM »
I would be more than happy to join you for some cold weather rides Greg!!!!! 8) Good gear keeps you warm in the Winter, and keeps you from getting fried in the Summer......some just don't get it.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline billhook

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 12:27:50 PM »
In the 6 years that I've been around COG-Ohio, attendance at rides and wrench sessions runs hot and cold.  I've hosted events where anywhere from 1 to 25 people show up.  I could never figure it out.  Also, the last time that I had access to membership numbers was the beginning of this season and there were less than half the number of COG members in OH than there were 3 years ago.

As for this weekend and my "excuse", well, Sunday had the better weather forecast and I needed to spend one of the two days getting caught up on chores around the house.  I served my sentence Saturday, so I could spend Sunday riding.

Also, I have found that I prefer riding alone rather than in groups.  Nobody needs to take this personally, as no particular person, group or event formed this opinion in me, it's just what I have come to prefer.  Sure, I'm missing out on the socializing/bsing/camaradarie, but I much more thoroughly enjoy my ride.

Add in that there aren't many riding days left and I want to make the most of them, which IMO I can best do by hitting the roads that I know I like.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 10:21:46 AM »
I know what you are saying Bill.  Ohio seems to be a very hard place to get Coggers to gather, and thats a bit strange as there are a lot of us around, but to be fair, I find that even trying to get anybody on two wheels together for something sometimes leaves me scratching my head. It has nothing to do with leadership, organization skills, weather, or even location. Maybe trying a "kids toy run" is an idea. ;) For those who are a bit slow witted, the last comment was sarcasm. My rare use of those smiley faces sometimes is not enough to alert those who have trouble spotting my rapier wit. Thats sarcasm too. Greg, I'm sorry I  missed your shindig, I was on the beach in FLA sipping gin & tonics and watching the bikinis go by.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Pfloydgad

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 09:24:33 PM »
Dave,
That is a pretty damn good excuse, but as we say on the web, NO PICS, NO TRUTH.    :)
So post up buddy..
And ride safe up there,
Greg

Offline billhook

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 09:57:40 AM »
Dave,
That is a pretty damn good excuse, but as we say on the web, NO PICS, NO TRUTH.    :)
So post up buddy..
And ride safe up there,
Greg

Just to clarify, pics of the bikinis walking by, not pics of Dave sitting on the beach sipping gin and tonics.   :)

Offline insignificant

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 10:18:08 AM »
Yes Dave, post up some pretty beach shots.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 12:16:00 PM »
Greg, my word is the truth, this you must believe brother, what happens on the beach, stays on the beach. The only pics I got are in my head, and what wonderful ones they are. Bill is quite insightful as to the nature of said pics. I've got a few sunset pics that may be of some interest to a few. 
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Pfloydgad

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 05:25:16 PM »
Dave,
Sunset pics are just fine with me. I'm always looking for Sunset opps whan I'm out and about. So if you gott'em, post'em.
Ride safe all, and please, ATGATT.
Greg