Author Topic: Pickup driver tries to kill motorcyclist.  (Read 9734 times)

Offline oldsmoboat

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Pickup driver tries to kill motorcyclist.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 02:55:29 PM »
 :o   :nuts:

Wow indeed, what an @sshole, look out for cagers brutha's...

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 03:06:08 PM »
sure would have liked to see the outcome of the police report.....likely the riders got sited for speed, the lead rider got sited for illegal pass on double yellow, and bubba got an atta-boy for trying to  kill someone.....disgusting.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 03:09:18 PM »
What a JERK!!!!!!
Joel from Maine.

Offline throb

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 03:17:54 PM »
No kidding.  The a-hole was certainly hellbent on killing someone the way he was driving.
'05 Concours, SISF's 2 min jet mod and exhaust cam sprocket, snarf's block off plates, risers, SS lines, fork brace, T-Cro's stick coils & shift linkage, ZZR1200 rear shock, MS rear wheel.

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 06:37:20 PM »
Here's one we've been discussing locally.  Not sure if it has been posted here elsewhere yet...

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20110513/NEWS03/110519957

Also, I think this is related to the story posted on this thread.  I'm bandwidth limited, so I haven't viewed the video.  If the incident above involved a red pickup...

Posted by blind io:
I just found out the fate of the driver of the red pickup. In another forum i found this:
Quote:
The pickup driver was arrested for reckless driving, DUI and the DA is using the video to consider reckless endangerment and possibly attempted murder charges. If convicted of all charges the pickup driver could get up to 24 years in jail. That's unlikely but he will likely see a felony conviction and jail time for his life threatening antics.
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline booger

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 06:41:49 PM »
At first I thought the title would be a little overstated.

But I think killing the motorcyclist was exactly what this SOB was attempting to do.

Offline oldsmoboat

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 07:22:03 PM »

Offline oldsmoboat

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 07:23:13 PM »
Here's one we've been discussing locally.  Not sure if it has been posted here elsewhere yet...

Also, I think this is related to the story posted on this thread.  I'm bandwidth limited, so I haven't viewed the video.  If the incident above involved a red pickup...

Posted by blind io:
I just found out the fate of the driver of the red pickup. In another forum i found this:
Quote:
The pickup driver was arrested for reckless driving, DUI and the DA is using the video to consider reckless endangerment and possibly attempted murder charges. If convicted of all charges the pickup driver could get up to 24 years in jail. That's unlikely but he will likely see a felony conviction and jail time for his life threatening antics.

Link to the quoted statement?

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 07:51:39 PM »
sure would have liked to see the outcome of the police report.....likely the riders got sited for speed, the lead rider got sited for illegal pass on double yellow, and bubba got an atta-boy for trying to  kill someone.....disgusting.

More like all three got busted... and they all should. While the truck driver was wrong, so were the squids flying past farmhouses at a high rate of speed...

"#5 We were not speeding in excess.55mph limit.Pace was maybe 50-65 from highest to lowest speeds."

Riiiight...
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 10:31:29 PM »
Posted by blind io:
Quote:

Link to the quoted statement?

I'll ask.  No idea where blind io found it.  He just said he found it on one of the other forums he frequents.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 10:59:29 PM »

totally different but similar incident...sad.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 11:05:45 PM »
More like all three got busted... and they all should. While the truck driver was wrong, so were the squids flying past farmhouses at a high rate of speed...

"#5 We were not speeding in excess.55mph limit.Pace was maybe 50-65 from highest to lowest speeds."

Riiiight...

please ... don't roll your eyes, and condone attempted murder because of a person wanting to ride faster than some guy in a truck....who has no regard for life

Offline Furbo

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 12:56:34 AM »
Times & circumstances change. Rednecks are universal.

Had a similar incident in rural arkansas years ago. I got really mad, and my older/wiser companion calmed me down saying:

" look dumbass, that rednecks brother in law is likely the sheriff and his grandaddy's the judge.  This is his county - and you're some city punk dressed in a leather suit - where do you think that's gonna go, huh?....Squeal boy, squeal lika pig..."

So, I pulled out a bottle and drank a nice big swig of "Shut the @#$@#$ Up"....and went on about my business.
05 C-10
Eccl: 9: 7-10

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 02:30:33 AM »
One of our local guys posted up this quote by no less a writer than Hunter S Thompson, who wrote:

For a lot of reasons that are often contradictory, the sight and sound of a man on a motorcycle has an unpleasant effect on the vast majority of Americans who drive cars. At one point... a reporter for the New York Herald Tribune did a long article on the motorcycle scene and decided in the course of his research that "there is something about the sight of a passing motorcyclist that tempts many automobile drivers to commit murder."

Nearly everyone who has ridden a bike for any length of time will agree. The highways are crowded with people who drive as if their sole purpose in getting behind the wheel is to avenge every wrong ever done them by man, beast or fate. The only thing that keeps them in line is their own fear of death, jail and lawsuits ... which are much less likely if they can find a motorcycle to challenge, instead of another two-thousand-pound car or a concrete abutment. A motorcyclist has to drive as if everybody else on the road is out to kill him. A few of them are, and many of those who aren't are just as dangerous, because the only thing that can alter their careless, ingrained driving habits is a threat of punishment, either legal or physical, and there is nothing about a motorcycle to threaten any man in a car. A bike is totally vulnerable; its only defense is maneuverability, and every accident situation is potentially fatal, especially on a freeway, where there is no room to fall without being run over almost instantly. _______________

Offline cmoore

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 04:08:37 AM »
Very scary to watch that guy try and take two motorcyclists out. The video shows clear intent to do harm and kill. I would really like to know what the outcome was.
2010 C14
Dallas, Texas

Offline jim_de_hunter

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 08:33:10 PM »

" look dumbass, that rednecks brother in law is likely the sheriff and his grandaddy's the judge.  This is his county - and you're some city punk dressed in a leather suit - where do you think that's gonna go, huh?....Squeal boy, squeal lika pig..."

Considering the fact that I teach children of Bracken County's finest, this is probably very, very true.

Shut up and get out of the neighborhood, you don't know who he knows.

2006 ZG1000 "The Blue Monster"

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 06:49:39 AM »
An update I found on another site, from yet another site:

http://www.kentucky-sportbikes.com/showthread.php?t=4049&p=49485#post49485
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 07:11:45 PM »
All we can do here is: Try to stay or get as far away as we can from this kind of person. I condone a real good asskicking, but all the wounds would heal, but an attempted murder or veh. homicide charge will last a lifetime.
I would gladly pay the fine for a double yellow pass, or even speeding, but I would also expect the locals would follow up with the above charges for our breeding redneck.
I would also like to bring out my point at intervention in the breeding population of some counties and states. Oh well, another thread.
Just try to be as safe as possible, and remember, we are all invisible when we are out on our toys. And stay away from some humans.
Ride safe all.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 07:32:37 AM »
I more than likely would've brandished my sidearm in that situation.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey