Author Topic: What a jerk!!!!  (Read 9045 times)

YoDoc

Re: What a jerk!!!!
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 10:24:48 AM »
I think the "S for Stupid Daydream" part makes it a joke? No? I've heard of this stuff before, and I thought we were all joking. Are you guys serious?

Bergmenized

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 10:53:41 AM »
I think the "S for Stupid Daydream" part makes it a joke? No? I've heard of this stuff before, and I thought we were all joking. Are you guys serious?

Whether it is intended as a joke or not, there are many who think this is an appropriate response. This sort of action needs to be strongly discouraged in my view. I don't take it as a joke, intended or otherwise.

Dan

Offline Organdonor

• Benjammin'
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 02:35:17 PM »
Regarding the original post, throwing an object at another car unprovoked buys a call from me to the police. Luckily I'm set up for it with my Sena/Zumo/iPhone setup. I WILL call the police, and if for some reason I can't do it at that moment I will catch up to them, get a good look at the driver and the plate.

I had a guy toss a can out of his car on the highway. The wind caught it and it skittered across my hood and windscreen. I pulled off a the next exit and filed a report with the local police. About a week later I got a call from the owner of the car, very apologetic, and offering to pay for any damage to my car.
Ben Jammin'
New London, CT
Current: 09 C14 ABS & 2 KLR650's
Past: 87 CBR1000F; 97 CBR1100XX Blackbird; 07 GL1800

Offline Organdonor

• Benjammin'
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 02:36:33 PM »
BTW... not that I've ever done this, however the proper thing to throw at offending motorists would be peppermints. The hard, white and red coin shaped ones. They explode on contact and leave very littel evidence, and don't cause any damage... but are LOUD.
Ben Jammin'
New London, CT
Current: 09 C14 ABS & 2 KLR650's
Past: 87 CBR1000F; 97 CBR1100XX Blackbird; 07 GL1800

Offline booger

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 08:12:09 PM »
I find dropping back, acting non-chalant about the whole thing, and becoming "invisible" works well, then follow the knob in that manner, to see where he lives.

midnight Zombie attacks where Zombies chew tire valve stems off have been reported in my general vacinity of home..... ??? ;)

Screwing with another man's vehicle in his driveway is a good way to get your ass shot.  It's just not worth it.  The last person I caught breaking into my car was held at gun point until the police arrived.  It took great restraint to keep from pulling the trigger.  I lightened up when he was begging me not to shoot him.  It really turned into a humorous situation.

YoDoc

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 09:48:40 PM »
Screwing with another man's vehicle in his driveway is a good way to get your ass shot.  It's just not worth it.  The last person I caught breaking into my car was held at gun point until the police arrived.  It took great restraint to keep from pulling the trigger.  I lightened up when he was begging me not to shoot him.  It really turned into a humorous situation.

I've seen that happen. Two doors down the road when I was twelve or so. Except instead of breaking into a car, the guy was trying to steal a bicycle.

Offline m919

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2011, 02:03:52 AM »
I look back on it now and I wish I would have called the police. I was just in 'shock' to see someone that brain less to have done something like that. My 5 year old would not even think of doing something like that.
2009 kawasaki concours (red)
1999 honda valkyrie(sold)
2002 honda cb919(sold)

Offline ZedHed

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2011, 05:57:11 PM »
Whether it is intended as a joke or not, there are many who think this is an appropriate response. This sort of action needs to be strongly discouraged in my view. I don't take it as a joke, intended or otherwise.

Dan

Why do you think morons do "stupid" things like the OP described? Because they know virtually everyone will cower and do nothing and they know the odds of the police doing anything are virtually nil.  First time you get run off the road and hurt, you'll feel differently.  Or if some idiot hurts someone dear to you, let's hear that same advice.  We all know it's better to turn the other cheek, but it is also important to let others know it is not smart to "screw" with your safety either.  The crazies will rule the road if they believe others will do nothing.

My recommendation is to pick your fights CAREFULLY and let discretion be the better part of valor.
"Life is a hard teacher - you get the test before the lesson is taught..."

YoDoc

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2011, 07:44:55 PM »
I don't pick fights. If you pick a fight, and are carrying at the time, you get mashed. Every time, end of story. Even if you don't pull it out, you get a neat charge. Get this logic...

Because you are carrying, any fight you enter into willingly, that is not in justified defense of your life or another person's life, it's a felony.

Because you are carrying while committing a felony, you get another charge called "possession of a handgun while committing a felony."

Offline WhiZR

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2011, 09:38:54 PM »
"Nobody ever wins a fight" Dalton, Road House.

Offline MiloMorai

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2011, 06:41:07 PM »
I related what happened to me a couple of months ago when an suv cut me off then started throwing beer bottles out the window on the old forum.  When I pulled over to call the police doors started opening.  When I yelled that i was pulling my weapon, the doors closed and the suv sped off.  They were caught while I was talking to the officers that showed up.  Once my ccw was checked I was given back my weapon (sans magazine) and told that I could press charges along with the charges the police were applying. Some things I can let go but some should be pressed.  If not the behavior will continue.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2011, 07:04:13 PM »
I related what happened to me a couple of months ago when an suv cut me off then started throwing beer bottles out the window on the old forum.  When I pulled over to call the police doors started opening.  When I yelled that i was pulling my weapon, the doors closed and the suv sped off.  They were caught while I was talking to the officers that showed up.  Once my ccw was checked I was given back my weapon (sans magazine) and told that I could press charges along with the charges the police were applying. Some things I can let go but some should be pressed.  If not the behavior will continue.

And you attempted to handle it as an ADULT should.... Taking vengeance or vigilante type actions as described by some here is far from being an ADULT.... BTW were you given back your mag and ammo?
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline MiloMorai

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 10:13:44 PM »
Yep.  They actually placed the weapon in one saddlebag and the magazine in the other.  Their policy is to never hand anyone a loaded gun.  Which is fine with me after seeing the way some officers handle weapons.  At least I didn't have to request these to point the weapon away from me when they unloaded it :)

YoDoc

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2011, 10:28:20 PM »
The only time I ever had to hand a cop my gun, I unloaded it before I handed it to him. I told him, "Sir, I am going to drop the magazine, and now I am going to eject the round in the chamber." He said "Ok" and then took two steps back and loosened his sidearm in his holster, smart cop.

Offline MiloMorai

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2011, 12:48:11 AM »
officers here don't want anyone handling weapons except them when on a scene. It makes sense and I have no problem with it.  lol I think they would have fainted if I told them what you told yours. 

YoDoc

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2011, 07:37:42 AM »
Well, to be totally fair, I don't know where you are from, but Rural Indiana is a pretty gun friendly place, and everybody knows everybody. I didn't know this particular cop, but everybody has an awareness that you probably know or are related to some of the same people, so everybody (cops included) tend to be pretty trusting and civil.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2011, 08:30:57 AM »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MiloMorai

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2011, 08:27:13 PM »
Been living in Florida for the past 12 years now.  lol Didn't mean to hijack this thread.....