Author Topic: Givi and Colors  (Read 8952 times)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Re: Givi and Colors
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 04:51:17 PM »
I ended up using a few strips of double sided carpet tape and super glued the plastic boss back in place. I think both the screws are holding, but it is difficult to tell with the carpet tape holding the cover. Time will tell. If it loosens up (without flying through the air and bouncing down the road) then I'll get the E96 luggage rack to hold it in place. I think that using double sided tape should be standard procedure, because if any air gets under that leading edge at speed, the screws are not going to hold it. (This is where you tell us that yours has been on for thousands of miles and you've never had a problem and you rarely travel at less than 85mph. :) )

I think the color (blue) is a pretty good match. It looked lighter when I held it up against the bike, but when mounted on the top case it looks to me like a match. I don't think most people would notice the color difference unless you take all your cases into the motel and set them side by side.

Offline Rawman

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2011, 05:43:51 PM »
I have had mine on for over 20,000 miles and never travel on the superslab under 85mph........

J/K.

Why not just ABS glue it, it wont ever have to come off, right?
2009 Non-ABS
VStream, PR2s, AreaP Full Exhaust, Carbon Can, PC-V, BMC Air Filter, 151 Dyno'd RWhp.
'04 Honda VTX-1300C, '01 Kawasaki ZRX-1200R, '87 Yamaha VMax, '79 Kawasaki K-1000 LTD, '77 Kawasaki KZ-1000,'80 Suzuki GS-550L

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2011, 06:58:24 PM »
I have had mine on for over 20,000 miles and never travel on the superslab under 85mph........

;D   I wondered who'd be first.

Why not just ABS glue it, it wont ever have to come off, right?
Yeah I thought of that, but the advantage to having a cover is that you can replace it if it gets too messed up. I'm fairly certain that ABS glue is not going to allow that option.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2011, 10:16:52 PM »
Ordered the E55 with Blue + Admore kit + Phils rack.

Will post once fitted.

Congrats!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine