Author Topic: A great place to stay while riding in Arkansas  (Read 1575 times)

Offline metzgerf16

A great place to stay while riding in Arkansas
« on: June 23, 2012, 08:15:58 PM »
If you're planning a riding trip in Arkansas, consider The Hub as your motel of choice.  It's located just outside of Marble Falls, AR off of Hwy 7, and it's in a prime location for riding most of Arkansas' best roads.  I stayed there last week with my Dad and my brother, and we were thoroughly impressed with how well Randal & Debbie take care of their guests.  It's nothing fancy, but it is absolutely perfect for riders.  The rooms are very clean, the beds are comfortable, and the A/C works great.  Randal keeps a stock of clean rags/sponges available to wipe down your bike if desired.  He also has a bike lift and a few tools should you need to do any unexpected maintenance.  On the weekends, the restaurant is open, and the food is great...best prime rib I've ever had.  During the week, it's a little slower, but the service is still the same.  We got there on a Tuesday and another small group showed up later that evening.  Randal and Debbie cooked for us on Wednesday evening, and I don't mean some quick BS from the local store.  It was a complete, home cooked meal.  We all sat outside, Randal and Debbie included, and enjoyed the evening trading stories of our rides.  There isn't a bar, but there are two coolers full of iced down beer, always stocked.  A dollar per beer "donation" to the jar is the standard rule.  We stayed there on Tuesday and Wednesday night, then went to Missouri for a night, and we decided to come back to The Hub for the final night of the trip because we couldn't think of anywhere else we'd rather stay.  The other group that arrived after us during the week was comprised of three HD's and a CanAm, and those guys meet there every year, from three different states, for their annual group ride.  They love it for all the same reasons we did.  The Hub doesn't cater to one particular rider crowd over the other, so you'll meet people on all types of bikes with varying backgrounds.  It's a lot of fun to walk around the parking lot after dinner and check out all the bikes while talking to fellow riders.

Here's a link to the website:

http://www.hubinfo.com/index.html
"You serious, Clark?"
'09 Red Concours- Sargent seat, Area-P exhaust, BMC filter, PC-V, flies out, PR2's, Murph's risers
'06 Ninja zx10r- Dear tiny baby Jesus, it's fast!

Offline blanton

• Rural East TEXAS
Re: A great place to stay while riding in Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 08:46:34 PM »
Good to know....thanks metzgerf16.....
77 KZ900 (still riding) 05 C10, 2010 C14