Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853111 times)

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #780 on: March 04, 2015, 06:06:01 AM »
Is this similar to using power tools on the deck of a crude oil tanker?
Similar but on a smaller scale  ;D However, igniting a fuel tank between your legs would likely hurt in a real big way :o
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #781 on: March 04, 2015, 02:01:03 PM »
And now that this thread has dipped into the vast world of things that will cause certain death, I would feel remiss if I did not mention car tires on a motorcycle (someone had to do it). Of course we all know that that cannot possibly work in spite of all the people actually doing it and all the miles they have accumulated. I predict, here and now, that every single person who rides a motorcycle with a car tire on it will die!

Brian

Is that "allowed"?  I thought it was unsafe to leave an engine running while fueling (at least that is what all those stickers on the pump say).  Call me chicken...
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #782 on: March 04, 2015, 03:19:43 PM »
And now that this thread has dipped into the vast world of things that will cause certain death, I would feel remiss if I did not mention car tires on a motorcycle (someone had to do it). Of course we all know that that cannot possibly work in spite of all the people actually doing it and all the miles they have accumulated. I predict, here and now, that every single person who rides a motorcycle with a car tire on it will die!

My favorite is: "The leading cause of death is life"
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #783 on: March 04, 2015, 03:34:47 PM »
And now that this thread has dipped into the vast world of things that will cause certain death, I would feel remiss if I did not mention car tires on a motorcycle (someone had to do it). Of course we all know that that cannot possibly work in spite of all the people actually doing it and all the miles they have accumulated. I predict, here and now, that every single person who rides a motorcycle with a car tire on it will die at some point!

Brian

FIFY
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #784 on: March 04, 2015, 05:19:24 PM »

Brian

I suspect your right  ;) But are you implying that I will not die because I ride on motorcycle tires?  8)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #785 on: March 04, 2015, 07:46:00 PM »
No, I implied nothing; I believe you inferred.

:rotflmao:

Brian

I suspect your right  ;) But are you implying that I will not die because I ride on motorcycle tires?  8)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline tomp

« Reply #786 on: March 04, 2015, 08:00:41 PM »
No, I implied nothing; I believe you inferred.

:rotflmao:

Brian
I love it, I do... ;D ;D ;D  Ain't life fun. . . .tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #787 on: March 04, 2015, 08:24:13 PM »
Fun is where you find it.... and I find it everywhere. :-)

Brian

I love it, I do... ;D ;D ;D  Ain't life fun. . . .tomp

Offline tomp

« Reply #788 on: March 04, 2015, 09:22:13 PM »
Fun is where you find it.... and I find it everywhere. :-)

Brian
I understand that. Recently retired and went to work for Home Depot, 24 hrs a week, selling  appliances.  Having a ball, selling also plumbing, electrical, paint, flooring and everything else in the huge store.   Dealing with the general public after 30 years with healthcare professionals is like night and day.  Other than worn out feet, I realize my calling in life,. . . . . . .SELLING!!!!   Finally realized that I'm pretty damn good, too....Time for all you to get a new washer/dryer, fridge, range, dishwasher, ect, NOW!    Hee hee hee,... tomp

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #789 on: March 05, 2015, 04:34:38 AM »
I understand that. Recently retired and went to work for Home Depot, 24 hrs a week, selling  appliances.  Having a ball, selling also plumbing, electrical, paint, flooring and everything else in the huge store.   Dealing with the general public after 30 years with healthcare professionals is like night and day.  Other than worn out feet, I realize my calling in life,. . . . . . .SELLING!!!!   Finally realized that I'm pretty damn good, too....Time for all you to get a new washer/dryer, fridge, range, dishwasher, ect, NOW!    Hee hee hee,... tomp
a bit of motivation....
http://youtu.be/LRiuhCsxHLs

Offline Conrad

« Reply #790 on: March 05, 2015, 04:58:50 AM »
My favorite is: "The leading cause of death is life"

No one gets out alive!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #791 on: March 05, 2015, 05:59:30 AM »
No one gets out alive!

The New England Journal of Medicine reported the same results after conducting a long-term test. 
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #792 on: March 05, 2015, 08:51:01 AM »
Dihydrogen Monoxide.... the really problem facing us today.

"Research conducted by award-winning U.S. scientist Nathan Zohner concluded that roughly 86 percent of the population supports a ban on dihydrogen monoxide. Although his results are preliminary, Zohner believes people need to pay closer attention to the information presented to them regarding Dihydrogen Monoxide. He adds that if more people knew the truth about DHMO then studies like the one he conducted would not be necessary. "

Brian

The New England Journal of Medicine reported the same results after conducting a long-term test.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #793 on: March 05, 2015, 09:04:59 AM »
That dihydrogen monoxide is some nasty stuff! Especially in sold form! It can make driving and even walking VERY hazardous.

"Research conducted by award-winning U.S. scientist Nathan Zohner concluded that roughly 86 percent of the population supports a ban on dihydrogen monoxide. Although his results are preliminary, Zohner believes people need to pay closer attention to the information presented to them regarding Dihydrogen Monoxide. He adds that if more people knew the truth about DHMO then studies like the one he conducted would not be necessary. "

Brian
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #794 on: March 05, 2015, 09:31:06 AM »

Brian

DHMO in gaseous form is a green house gas and more than 50 times more abundant in the atmosphere than carbon dioxide. We need to ban it and tax it now before it's too late!

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #795 on: March 05, 2015, 09:33:17 AM »

Brian

Those 86% would quickly change their minds if the knew that their favorite adult beverage could not be made without that nasty Dihydrogen Monoxide. I have even heard tale of fish using that stuff to facilitate reproduction.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #796 on: March 05, 2015, 09:43:07 PM »
I like to gargle with Dihydrogen DIoxide :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #797 on: March 06, 2015, 06:02:06 AM »
I like to gargle with Dihydrogen DIoxide :)
It will whiten your teeth too.

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #798 on: March 06, 2015, 07:36:51 AM »
It will whiten your teeth too.

I heard it makes you think you are smarter.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #799 on: March 06, 2015, 07:39:11 AM »
BHO must have been using it for decades

I heard it makes you think you are smarter.