Author Topic: AST Adjustable Touring Pegs  (Read 22406 times)

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
AST Adjustable Touring Pegs
« on: January 01, 2014, 02:42:45 PM »
My search-fu on this sites sucks, i could not find what i was looking for. But looking for reviews or any input on Advance Sport touring dot com's adjustable touring pegs. They have recently done a price drop and i have $25 paypal credit to use up, so I'm thinking about ordering them. My reason is simple I'm 6'3" and would be nice to be able to streach my long lankey legs out on a full fuel run.  I'll post a link but if that against site rules please let me know ill delete it.

http://www.advancedsporttouring.com/Concours_14_Touring_Pegs_p/c14-14.htm

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: AST Adjustable Touring Pegs
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 03:31:23 PM »
Oh, those are neat.  Kinda complex, but neat.  Not a SINGLE mention of those on our forums before.  Must be very new and flew under the radar.  He might get some bites from people seeing it now.

I have Ronnie's highway pegs, which are more elegant and less weight but more expensive, not adjustable and with less distance available.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Tarheelbob

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 06:20:46 PM »
Well, I've got to admit I kinda like that solution for touring pegs. Had not seen them before. Thanks for the post and link!
When life hands you lemons, go get the tequila and salt.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 06:44:07 PM »
Neither have I.  However, if their front page photo is C14, what's not to like?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 01:28:56 AM »
Wow can't believe noone has even heard of them. Maybe ill send them a email and see if they would cut me a deal in exchange for being a zggtr.org guinea pig and agree to write a extensive review.

Offline zarticus

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 11:14:23 AM »
I have had them since last May, They are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 -  Candy Arabian Red
2014 Kawasaki Vaquero - Candy Burnt Orange
1986 Honda V65 Magna - Black
1984 Honda V65 Magna - Black

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 11:44:42 AM »
I have had them since last May, They are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At $300, they should be great!
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 01:04:03 PM »
At $300, they should be great!
That's my dilemma, at that priceif they are great or exactly what I need I don't mind spending the money. But I'm not gonna spend it and then be disappointed

Offline phoneman

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 03:03:00 PM »
  I've been eyeballing those for a while mainly because they put the pegs a good bit lower and further forward than the Canyon Cage/footpeg combos that I've seen.

I just ordered front and back Canyon Cages today for the protection against dropping the bike. ( a little bit late in my case  :-[ ) .  I'm hoping to be able to get some pegs that will get close to the ergonomics of these.

BTW--I believe they lowered the price on the AST pegs lately.  I could have sworn they were about $ 60 higher the last time I looked.

They look like they will work really good for us long-legged folks.

Let us know how they workout.  They might even work with the cages mounted up. ;)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 04:06:00 PM »
  I've been eyeballing those for a while mainly because they put the pegs a good bit lower and further forward than the Canyon Cage/footpeg combos that I've seen.

Yes, but would they be compatible with the Canyons?  It looks like since they are adjustable, you can pull them back enough to not interfere.

I just ordered front and back Canyon Cages today for the protection against dropping the bike. ( a little bit late in my case  :-[ ) .

Good move.  You are already kicking yourself that it wasn't your first purchase.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline phoneman

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 04:12:30 PM »
  Hey Max--no rubbing it in.   I'm sensitive.  :'(

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 06:18:33 AM »
Well I sent them a e mail over a week ago and no reply. Don't know if they are my taking me seriously or just bad customer service all together. I found another email address I'll try one more time.

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 09:50:00 AM »
Just got a email from Ryan Niquette that is the owner of www.advancedsporttouring.com and he has agreed to sell me a set at a discount in return for a extensive review on the product, install, and any RD info I/we can provide. So stay tuned for some pic whoring and lengthy write ups.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 09:52:49 AM »
Can't wait!  Thanks!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 03:29:19 PM »
Here is a copy and paste from the email he sent me, with a little bit of info on his business....

Glad to hear you're interested.  I've been in business for 2 1/2 years but for the first 8 or so months I didn't have anything to sell while development was taking place.  I'm located in Waterford, Michigan...for the moment.  I've had enough of the cold weather.  Mid next month I'll be moving down to Silver Springs, Florida.  Right now, I'm 95% of the company and my parents help out when they can.

I appreciate any additional attention you can draw to my company.  The more people buy, the more products I can release.  I have a dozen other products waiting to go into production.  I just need more sales to make it happen.

Add the item(s) to your cart, proceed as normal, enter _______ as your promo code and that'll take ____ off the order.  These are in-stock and ready to ship.  If you order in the next couple hours, they'll ship today.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 03:44:19 PM »
If we kinda knew what those other products were, we might be able to get an idea from the membership on how viable they might be...  I mean, we don't want to know any corporate secrets but it would help to know something...or not.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 03:57:07 PM »
I think he was on here back when he was just starting. I don't remember what his handle was.

Here you go....http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=4760.0

Son of Pappy

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 07:17:21 PM »
If we kinda knew what those other products were, we might be able to get an idea from the membership on how viable they might be...  I mean, we don't want to know any corporate secrets but it would help to know something...or not.
http://www.advancedsporttouring.com/Default.asp

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 05:22:27 AM »
Thanks.  Here's what's coming soon...

http://www.advancedsporttouring.com/category_s/1827.htm

I'm all for helping an industry member out as far as visibility, especially one that makes specific products for our bikes.  So if there is anything he needs from us he can contact me for sure.

Offline buster1

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 03:04:21 PM »
Thanks.  Here's what's coming soon...

http://www.advancedsporttouring.com/category_s/1827.htm

I'm all for helping an industry member out as far as visibility, especially one that makes specific products for our bikes.  So if there is anything he needs from us he can contact me for sure.

Those touring pegs look great. I have been looking at these for a while now. Was about to take the plunge when I read the first post. So I am eagerly waiting the write up. If they work as well as I think they will, How about a group buy!!
 :chugbeer:
David A. Phillips
Winterville, Georgia
K1200 LT BMW
09 C1400 Kawasaki