Author Topic: Let's have it....  (Read 11147 times)

Offline zarticus

• Arena
Re: Let's have it....
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2016, 07:45:04 AM »
Have you looked at the Trump voter demographics? No? I won't list them here but if you're interested do some searching and draw your own conclusions...

Basically, the more education a person has the less likely they were to vote for Trump. This according to the exit polls. Take that as you will.
And we ALL know how good those exit poll's are  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 -  Candy Arabian Red
2014 Kawasaki Vaquero - Candy Burnt Orange
1986 Honda V65 Magna - Black
1984 Honda V65 Magna - Black

Offline O.C.

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2016, 08:33:01 AM »
And we ALL know how good those exit poll's are  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Oh yes, the dust has settled a bit now despite stoopid attempts top de-rail the Brexit process ;)   
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2016, 08:56:10 AM »

Oh yes, the dust has settled a bit now despite stoopid attempts top de-rail the Brexit process ;)   

O.C., Since I seemed to have offended some delicate British feelings in the recent past and I am trying hard to become enlightened so that I don't repeat my horrible mistakes, are you a Leave or Remain?  :)

Offline O.C.

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2016, 12:18:22 PM »
O.C., Since I seemed to have offended some delicate British feelings in the recent past and I am trying hard to become enlightened so that I don't repeat my horrible mistakes, are you a Leave or Remain?  :)

Hi gPink, first off I hope you don't think you have offended me in any way, TBH I'm far too thick skinned to be offended, some say that as I'm a Yorkshireman (that's a whole new territory) that I'm just generally too thick  ;D 

As for Brexit I am definitely a leaver, I think there is far too much interference within the European parliament to be of benefit to our tiny Island....the result of the leave vote will undoubtedly cause some disruption but I truly believe that in the long run we (G.B) will benefit
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2016, 12:29:59 PM »
........ Trump is the new prez and I hope that he does well for the country and not just himself.

FIFY

BTW, Ladbrokes has the odds of a Trump resignation or impeachment before the end of his first term at 3/1. https://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/betting/politics/american/presidential-election/   ;D
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2016, 12:37:24 PM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 01:50:35 PM »
Must be all the smart people rioting in the streets.

Yes, All the smart people rioting like a bunch of babies.

Seriously? I think that you guys are proving my point for me, thank you for that...

Of all the rioters how many do you think are voters? How many do you think are college graduates? (most probably didn't even graduate HS) How many are both voters and college grads? How many do you think are rioting for no particular reason other than they just want to **** some **** up?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2016, 01:59:17 PM »

I know that exit polls aren't always accurate. Sometimes they're dead wrong, sometimes there close, and sometimes they're just an indicator.

Which polls were wrong? Was it the poll that said that Billary won the popular vote or the one that said that 63% of Trump voters were uneducated white males?

Exit polls aren't perfect but it's the best way we have thus far of gauging voters opinions. How about you come up with a better way? On second thought, you had better leave that up to a college graduate. All that statistical analysis and such, you know...

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2016, 03:23:41 PM »
No worries C, at least we can take comfort knowing America will be great again.  :)

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2016, 11:03:35 PM »
Did ya'll see how Trevor Noah (A South African on US TV.....) roasted ol' Trump on The Daily Show - Viral Rant....? Saw the clip on FB, and couldn't help but laugh.....

But then again, we are stuck with this.......
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2016, 03:24:21 AM »
Didn't see it but I have seen a bit of Noah. His humor must be lost in translation. He seems to be the perfect replacement for that idiot Stewart. I wonder if he's got a green card.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2016, 04:36:32 AM »
Seriously? I think that you guys are proving my point for me, thank you for that...

Of all the rioters how many do you think are voters? How many do you think are college graduates? (most probably didn't even graduate HS) How many are both voters and college grads? How many do you think are rioting for no particular reason other than they just want to **** some **** up?

And you think these same "people" would be rioting if HRC had been elected???  Trump voters would not have rioted because we are too busy trying to EARN a living.

And by the way, it has been my experience that there are a multitude of college graduates that don't know their a$$ from third base. Not all people who go to college are smart and not all smart people go to college...
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2016, 04:46:45 AM »
And you think these same "people" would be rioting if HRC had been elected???  Trump voters would not have rioted because we are too busy trying to EARN a living.

And by the way, it has been my experience that there are a multitude of college graduates that don't know their a$$ from third base. Not all people who go to college are smart and not all smart people go to college...

I am not going to even guess as to why some people riot. As I said above, some just want to **** **** up.

I worked in, and retired from, higher education for 30 years. I know exactly what you are talking about and you are absolutely right. I've worked with MANY PhDs who were extremely intelligent but only within the very narrow range of their expertise. Once outside that range they didn't' know **** and were dumb as a stump. There weren't all like that of course. A little common sense goes a long way but without it they're lost...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2016, 05:02:29 AM »
No worries C, at least we can take comfort knowing America will be great again.  :)

I hope that you're right and that I'm wrong G!   :chugbeer:

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2016, 05:22:00 AM »
 :chugbeer: We'll see.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2016, 05:51:39 AM »
Didn't see it but I have seen a bit of Noah. His humor must be lost in translation. He seems to be the perfect replacement for that idiot Stewart. I wonder if he's got a green card.

Whether Noah/Stewart are just idiots or truly funny depends on your political bent. Some people find Limbaugh/Hannity/Beck to be extremely wise and insightful. Without suggesting political correctness, that bit about Noah's green card has an anti-immigrant xenophobic tinge to it.  ;D
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2016, 06:22:51 AM »
...that depends on your political bent. Must be a work visa then.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2016, 07:12:11 AM »
Additional possibilities....illegal immigrant or naturalized citizen.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2016, 08:23:22 AM »
"anti-immigrant xenophobic tinge"

pho·bi·a
ˈfōbēə/Submit
noun
an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something.
"he had a phobia about being under water"
synonyms:   fear, irrational fear, obsessive fear, dread, horror, terror, hatred, loathing, detestation, aversion, antipathy, revulsion;

Why does everything have to be a 'phobia' to some people? A person who dislikes spiders living in the house does not necessarily fear spiders. Just doesn't want them in the house.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2016, 08:49:46 AM »
Perhaps aversion (and the other synonyms - hatred, loathing, detestation, antipathy, revulsion) is the more relevant sentiment here. After all, thanks to the NRA and our vast personal collection of firearms, we have no reason to fear any man or beast (or spiders).

Fun discussion, but I'm signing out. Peace.
2008 Silverdammit C14