Author Topic: Anyone know where this bolt came from?  (Read 88 times)

Offline denver6

Anyone know where this bolt came from?
« on: Yesterday at 10:49:09 AM »
I recently moved to North Caroline from Colorado. When unloading the bike, I found a bolt, washer and nut on the floor of the trailer. I have no idea where they came from - I don't see anything missing. For reference, the bolt is the same one used in the front brake calipers.

Any ideas where they go? I am a little concerned about riding since I have no idea which component is no longer secured.

Thanks,

Rob
Black '12 C-14
Chapel Hill, NC

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
Re: Anyone know where this bolt came from?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 04:42:43 AM »
I'm pretty certain that that particular bolt is only used to hold the front calipers onto the fork lowers.
Are you sure that you haven't replaced them with better quality aftermarket bolts and that is one of the originals?

As for the nut/washer, could be from just about anywhere but I would check the engine mount bolts, especially if you have fitted crash bars, although those are M10/M12 nuts and the one you have seems to be an M8 like the caliper bolt.
Otherwise, if you have "friends" who like a joke and also have a C14, then I would suspect them of dirty tricks.  ;)
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Anyone know where this bolt came from?
« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:31:45 AM »
Yes, there is that of course...jokesters.  I used to have one of those rubber plastic oil or coolant spots you could throw under the bike.  Then there is the always fun turning on the kill switch.  My problem with these is that I start laughing.  Can't keep a straight face.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.