Author Topic: NALMBHGCLMAETGB  (Read 7566 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: NALMBHGCLMAETGB
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2018, 08:13:38 PM »
None of my guns are locked in a safe or have (or will have) trigger locks. If someone breaks into and enters my house and steals one to use in a crime has no comparison to leaving the car unlocked with the keys in the ignition.

All of mine are locked in a quick-access wall safe except the one I am carrying and/or the one that is well hidden but very ready.  My only liability concern would be if an INVITED GUEST, specifically a child, were to able to get ahold of the hidden one.  But I would not have it there if there were such a guest.  And that is not something I would ever forget or not take care of.  Safety first!

If someone were to break into my house and somehow steal one of my firearms, that should be a zero liability situation, regardless of how they were or were not secured.  And, of course, if that happened, I would immediately inform the police and provide the make/model/SN of whatever was taken.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2018, 04:15:55 AM »
The insulting lead in to this is why I declined to follow sanmo's link. He's acting like a troll now. Sorry sanmo but you should venture into the Arena and we can have an honest discussion.

Honesty is so importan!

Just ask our POTUS about the importance of honesty.    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2018, 05:21:38 AM »
Honesty is so importan!

Just ask our POTUS about the importance of honesty.    :o

Wrong thread.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2018, 10:42:06 AM »
Just a quick question, since we are accusing other's of being a troll, hopefully I can ask this question here without causing the thread to get locked. I am actually asking for information (not trolling) from the many sides that seem to be here. Regardless of your political bent/opinion in general, i.e. left, right, middle, bottom, guns, no guns, some guns, etc.....

When someone (say me, for example, if that helps) says that they "think the current Potus is a liar, a bumbling buffoon, a self aggrandizing nincompoop, and not worthy of the office."

Do you simply assume that said person (A) doesn't care for the current Potus, or do you also assume that they (B) really wanted Hillery or Bernie as our Potus?

I would really like to know what you actually think at your gut level about that person  (Again me, if that helps) and not what logical answer you think will stand up to internet scrutiny.

So, A? or A&B?  If you're not willing to answer here, I'm appreciatively taking (confidential PMs*) on this question. Thanks.

* I'll keep it confidential, but on many forums, PMs are visible to moderators. I'm OK with that, however you may not be.

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2018, 11:30:22 AM »
Marty,  to answer your question, I would say "B".

It's quite possible that someone could "not care for the current Potus" but would still not have wanted the other options as Potus.

But if someone was to post the example you gave, I would think they "really wanted Hillary or Bernie as" their Potus.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2018, 02:20:07 PM »
FIFY

Thanks for the gratuitous FIFY. I'm fully aware that most gun owners have multiple motives for gun rights. The list was about the primary motivation for gun rights (singular, if not obvious) as inferred from forum postings.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2018, 02:27:07 PM »
Putting the gun in a safe renders the gun unusable for personal protection. Yes most of my guns are in a safe but a few are ready for personal protection. If we follow the same analogy with someone stealing your car for criminal use, it would be like to be responsible car owner, removing the wheels so no one could steal it.

Of course you want the guns handy if the threat of home invasion is substantial. Curious about what you do with those few guns when nobody's home.
There are a variety of high-tech and low-tech options available to deter theft of your car. No need to remove the wheels. Worst case scenario carry a pair of Denver boots in your trunk. :)
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2018, 02:31:51 PM »
....I suppose some or all of these reasons make me deplorable to anti-gun folks, but I'm perfectly fine with that.

Sorry, to my knowledge TurboJoe78 was the first to plant the Deplorable Flag. Anyone else claiming that status, is just uninspired copying.  ;D

Now remind me, what are the primary reasons you're against gun rights?

Not against gun rights, so neither primary nor secondary reasons available to remind you.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2018, 02:35:56 PM »
None of my guns are locked in a safe or have (or will have) trigger locks. If someone breaks into and enters my house and steals one to use in a crime has no comparison to leaving the car unlocked with the keys in the ignition.
I have no expectations of any good outcome(s) when a crime is first committed.

I wonder if that cavalier attitude towards gun security is the reason why we have "illegal guns in the hands of bad guys". That and maybe some rogue cops? https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/05/02/us/gun-dealing-dc-cop-sentenced/index.html?__twitter_impression=true
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2018, 02:45:15 PM »
Just a quick question, since we are accusing other's of being a troll, hopefully I can ask this question here without causing the thread to get locked. I am actually asking for information (not trolling) from the many sides that seem to be here.......

Señor Marty, your poll is worthy of its own thread and I see that one of our illustrious members has already moved in that direction. As far as I know there is only one member here who readily uses the troll accusation either due to a genuine intolerance of contrary opinions, or to mask serious inadequacies in debating skills or he/she is just smarting from previous forum skirmishes. To quote our fearless leader, SAD!
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2018, 08:10:51 PM »

* I'll keep it confidential, but on many forums, PMs are visible to moderators. I'm OK with that, however you may not be.

I can't see them, Marty and nor do I want to unless someone brings something to my attention and copies and sends it to me.   There may be a way to do that on this forum but I'm not aware of it.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2018, 08:21:05 PM »
Marty,  to answer your question, I would say "B".
turbojoe', Thank you for your candor.  :thumbs:

Señor Marty, your poll is worthy of its own thread and I see that one of our illustrious members has already moved in that direction.

OK, sorry for posting on your thread, yeah I should have used a Poll instead of a post.
Please continue on with the hilarity of this NALMBHGCLMAETGB thread.
 When I lived in Chicago (and I say this honestly and not because I have any pro or con feelings about the subject matter in the column originally referenced) I always thought that Mike Royko was an obnoxious drunken asshat, and he was only tolerated because he could turn a phrase. If he had quit writing his daily spiel, I doubt there were more than a handful, in a city of millions, that could put up with him as a neighbor. Half of those handful, only because Mike was frequently buying.

I can't see them, Marty and nor do I want to unless someone brings something to my attention and copies and sends it to me.   There may be a way to do that on this forum but I'm not aware of it.
OK, I didn't know about here,  but I thought I should mention it just in case. I know that on other forums the moderators can see 'em.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2018, 08:30:52 AM »
Just a quick question, since we are accusing other's of being a troll, hopefully I can ask this question here without causing the thread to get locked. I am actually asking for information (not trolling) from the many sides that seem to be here. Regardless of your political bent/opinion in general, i.e. left, right, middle, bottom, guns, no guns, some guns, etc.....

When someone (say me, for example, if that helps) says that they "think the current Potus is a liar, a bumbling buffoon, a self aggrandizing nincompoop, and not worthy of the office."

Do you simply assume that said person (A) doesn't care for the current Potus, or do you also assume that they (B) really wanted Hillery or Bernie as our Potus?

I would really like to know what you actually think at your gut level about that person  (Again me, if that helps) and not what logical answer you think will stand up to internet scrutiny.

So, A? or A&B?  If you're not willing to answer here, I'm appreciatively taking (confidential PMs*) on this question. Thanks.

This might be interesting...

When someone (say me (me too), for example, if that helps) says that they "think the current Potus is a liar, a bumbling buffoon, a self aggrandizing nincompoop, and not worthy of the office."

(I just wanted to read the above again)   ::)  :-X

My answer would be A.

Just a guess on my part but I'd bet money that supporters of the current administration would all vote B (as I've seen this time and time again in the Arena).
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2018, 08:48:12 AM »

When I lived in Chicago (and I say this honestly and not because I have any pro or con feelings about the subject matter in the column originally referenced) I always thought that Mike Royko was an obnoxious drunken asshat, and he was only tolerated because he could turn a phrase. If he had quit writing his daily spiel, I doubt there were more than a handful, in a city of millions, that could put up with him as a neighbor. Half of those handful, only because Mike was frequently buying.

lol. Good to know.
Pretty sure I too have been considered an obnoxious asshat on occasion in this forum and elsewhere. That matters very little to me, unless by someone that I really care about or respect. With everybody else it's "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead".  ;D
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2018, 10:01:50 AM »
Pretty sure I too have been considered an obnoxious asshat on occasion in this forum and elsewhere.

Well not by me, so far, but to be honest I haven't hung my days thoughts on every word you've typed.
 Still, I'd like to know your answer to my earlier question. A? or A&B. 

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2018, 02:01:25 PM »
Well not by me, so far, but to be honest I haven't hung my days thoughts on every word you've typed.

Oh good. Then you remain in the dark about the terrible things being said about you.

Still, I'd like to know your answer to my earlier question. A? or A&B.

Yes.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2018, 02:56:04 PM »
Oh good. Then you remain in the dark about the terrible things being said about you.
Oh I hear it all (unless it's in the arena), I just don't dwell on it.

Yes.
Gee thanks, you've been a big help.  :battle: