Author Topic: C-14 gave the 2012 ZX-14R some nice upgrades in performance and safety, PICTURES  (Read 8115 times)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of the most horsepower you can squeeze between your legs.

Isn't that what our forefathers meant when they drafted that document a couple hundred years ago, Poke?

Like I said.....that is the American way! ;) Im in the camp of if you want a balls out kick ass track bike or drag bike, get one for that purpose. Keep the sport-touring bikes for what they are, the C14 is already more sport than many bikes out there.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline ninjawarrior1400

• "There is no second place winner in a gunfight."
When the military comes out with a new fighter jet...it is never a smaller motor or smaller payload...it is always a larger engine, faster plane, has a greater fighting payload to a better faster more effecient job than planes before it's development.

Marketing is always advancing...never retreating....the Iphone 5 is under development, the Iphone 4S comes out this Friday....200 new features on it in the last year since the last one....NOT 200 fewer features....everyone wants more performance...never less....

So, if you are happy with your bike keep it forever....you are correct it has lots of power.....but I would rather carry a .45 automatic pistol to a gunfight than a .22 revolver, even if I knew the .22 would do the job....bigger is always better......

Ninjawarrior

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
When the military comes out with a new fighter jet...it is never a smaller motor or smaller payload...it is always a larger engine, faster plane, has a greater fighting payload to a better faster more effecient job than planes before it's development.

Marketing is always advancing...never retreating....the Iphone 5 is under development, the Iphone 4S comes out this Friday....200 new features on it in the last year since the last one....NOT 200 fewer features....everyone wants more performance...never less....

So, if you are happy with your bike keep it forever....you are correct it has lots of power.....but I would rather carry a .45 automatic pistol to a gunfight than a .22 revolver, even if I knew the .22 would do the job....bigger is always better......

Like I said.....it is the American way, nothing quite like excess. And I don't agree with bigger is always better, especially when pertaining to the majority of motorcycles and guns out there. It is "all" in how you use it and become proficient "guns and motorcycles", and in both cases there is always a better choice for each given situation. Nobody ever seems to be happy or content with anything, that can for sure be both good and bad. Call me a practical kind of guy I reckon, maybe I am more oldschool even for my younger age "40".
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline CADMAN97

• 2010 C14 ABS
I don't understand how you can't be a fan of the new ZX-14R? The original '06 ZX-14 is the bike that gave birth to all of our beloved C-14's. Whether you want one or not you should be happy that mother KAW is listening to its customers, and updating their bikes. Yeah I dont need a 200HP Concours, but it's nice to see the new technology roll out, and maybe have the '14, or '15 Concours based off the new ZX-14R. If company's didn't improve their products, then they would go out of business. Me personally, I think the new ZX-14R is pretty bad ass! Am i gonna run out and buy one, prob not, but you better believe I'd love to take one for a spin ;D ;D

Here are some more pics...
1998 Honda Magna--->Sold | 2003 Yamaha FZ1--->Sold | 2003 Honda VFR800--->Sold | 2010 Honda VFR1200--->Sold | Kawasaki C14--->SOLD | 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000--->Current | 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300ES--->Current

Offline punkynlew1

Like I said.....it is the American way, nothing quite like excess. And I don't agree with bigger is always better, especially when pertaining to the majority of motorcycles and guns out there. It is "all" in how you use it and become proficient "guns and motorcycles", and in both cases there is always a better choice for each given situation. Nobody ever seems to be happy or content with anything, that can for sure be both good and bad. Call me a practical kind of guy I reckon, maybe I am more oldschool even for my younger age "40".

Pokey: I like the new ZX14R, but even better like the idea that my turboed C14 is gonna kick the ass of the ZX14R (fastest production bike on the planet) and still have good street manners and tow my camping trailer, when I want it to.

On the other hand, I got rid of my Glock 19 with 30 round clip and now have a simple/stealthy S&W 38 special P snub nosed revolver w/laser sight.  Lew

Offline Fretka

Why would anyone want this engine in a sport touring bike, that is probably going to get horrible gas mileage and decreased longevity.......kinda defeats the whole purpose to me? :o Some of you guys with your total obsession with HP and torque just amazes me, do you honestly realize how powerful the C14 is compared to bikes of just 5 to 7 years ago? Who would have ever dreamed that bikes would be making the power they do now, and how many of us can even use 1/4 of what these bikes are already capable of? Seems a small penis syndrome is occuring in the country at a rapid pace, the C14 needs no more power I would be 100% satisfied if Kawa just installed factory cruise to the current platform. This is already the best sport touring bike available for the money, with a few more practical factory options it would be almost untouchable. Practical bikes don't sell well here in the USA, the rest of the world is either smarter or has bigger cocks. ;) Just my opinion, y'all gotta make yourself happy I reckon........excess is an American tradition.

Pretty strong sentiments.............you think you got me all figured out, can sum up all of the work and knowledge that was gained and expended by those of us who have ventured in this direction by summarily announcing to one and all that I/we have a small penis.
How do you manage living in such an intolerant, prejudiced and completely misguided way?
Your intolerance and mockery of different ways of thought and life-styles will come at a high price someday.
An old Arabic proverb: Makes your words sweet as you may have to eat them one day.

Fretka
Wretched excess visited upon an innocent C-14

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK