Author Topic: Aircraft we like..  (Read 243579 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: Aircraft we like..
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2013, 03:06:48 PM »
On the B17 how did you get past the bomb racks ????

I thought you had to weigh in at 100lbs to get through ?

Yes please on the brewery + sausage tour. Beer and sausage, 2 of the best things on earth to consume by mouth. :chugbeer:

I had no problem going past the bomb racks. That B-17 is owned by the EAA and they regularly sell flights in it. They had some small dummy bombs in the racks. Maybe with full size 500 lbs. bombs it would be more of a squeeze.  Couldn't get into the tail gunner position and the ball turret was right out. They had those closed anyway.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2013, 05:18:20 AM »
Here's a little something from Charlie that's somewhat aircraft minded...   It's a .pps file which is a Powerpoint Show file...

[smg id=601 type=av]
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2013, 06:12:03 PM »
While not a 'real aircraft', I always enjoy seeing this one on the movie screen:

http://aibob.wordpress.com/2012/01/25/fa-37-talon-fictional-stealth-aircraft/

I think the design team for that movie did a pretty good job designing a nice looking jet, and incorporating some of the latest techological ideas (Forward swept wings at lower speeds, adjustable to delta wings at higher speeds, and a reduced radar signature) into the design.  Apparently Northrop Grumman filed a patent for a 'Variable Forward  Sweep Wing" in 1999, which looks rather similar to this wing design.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fictional_military_aircraft

Here's a music video someone put together showing one of the combat sequences from the film.  The EDI UCAV Tinman is also featured:
F/A-37 vs Su-37 Dogfight
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2013, 01:50:29 PM »
I want one of these Thunder Mustangs http://www.thundermustang.com/kits-for-sale/
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2013, 03:42:51 PM »
Ok guys have you seen or heard of this beautiful beast ?

You have JFK we have TSR2 !!!

The British Aircraft Corporation TSR-2 - Excellent Documentary

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2013, 04:00:07 PM »
I want one of these Thunder Mustangs http://www.thundermustang.com/kits-for-sale/

OK I've used the  link and put it at the top of my Santa list lol ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2013, 04:04:01 PM »
Charlie, you're in charge of the British aircraft in this thread so bring it on!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2013, 04:45:08 PM »
Charlie, you're in charge of the British aircraft in this thread so bring it on!
[/quote

You guys happy with TSR2 type stuff?

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2013, 05:09:55 PM »
So this the Victor one of the V Bombers

Famous Warplanes - Handley Page Victor

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2013, 07:46:20 PM »
[/quote

I don't know about anyone else, but I am.  It nearly made me cry.  I hate to see aircraft broken up and neglected.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2013, 09:31:18 PM »

That is one wicked looking airplane.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2013, 09:41:30 PM »

What's not to like? I thought they went out of business when the original prototype crashed. Happy to see they're making a go of it. Now where to get $297,000? Honey, do we really need this house?

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2013, 02:27:09 PM »
What's not to like? I thought they went out of business when the original prototype crashed. Happy to see they're making a go of it. Now where to get $297,000? Honey, do we really need this house?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Now you tell me they are ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,how we say.......................DODGY !!!

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2013, 03:08:11 PM »
Possibly the most beautiful wooden wonder

Flying DH Mosquito KA114.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2013, 11:50:49 AM »
What a beautiful aircraft.  I was just looking at some the other while online.

Bergmen

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2013, 10:39:04 AM »

The $297,000.00 does not appear to include the $75,000.00+ Falconer V-12 engine (only the prop, drive system, etc.).

Dan

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2013, 02:10:45 PM »
The $297,000.00 does not appear to include the $75,000.00+ Falconer V-12 engine (only the prop, drive system, etc.).

Dan

Wow that's serious wonga lol

It still looks so sweet though.................I wonder if I sell my organs I'll raise the money ?

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2013, 02:17:17 PM »
This is todays introduction to the Vulcans only action not as a Nuclear delivery system but a iron bomb dropper!!!

XM607 - Falklands' Most Daring Raid

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2013, 04:49:39 AM »
I was this close to joining up and heading down to the Falklands when Argentina decided on their bit of mischief.  I think that I stayed glued to the tv the entire time.  What I don't understand is why GB did not use the Victors.  They were faster, had longer ranges, and carried more conventional bombs.

Thanks for providing the video, Charlie.  It gave me goose bumps.  I'm still watching it but I have to get some stuff done this morning...like work.

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
  • I'm married but my girlfriends name is Connie
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2013, 05:49:53 AM »
The SR-71 was one of my all time favorites. If you have never seen the video of the guy with the radio controlled SR-71, google "Radio Controlled SR-71" and enjoy. Even the RC model will amaze you.
"Somedays you're the windshield, and somedays you're the bug"
"An armed citizen is a patriot, and unarmed citizen is a victim"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kawadude