Author Topic: California Connie riders  (Read 2097 times)

Offline F-106

California Connie riders
« on: January 28, 2012, 05:35:55 PM »
Seeing us here in California has had such a dry winter. I thought I would toss out the idea of a Saturday get together. Perhaps, meeting at the Corbin seat factory in Hollister. They have a dinner open on Saturdays from 9-2. Kick tires and talk Connie’s for a few hours. Any thoughts?
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline Howard kelly

• Howard Kelly Blog
Re: California Connie riders
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 10:54:36 AM »
That is a long day for me....I am in sunny southern cal.......
2009 c14....because it is fun
2012 VStrom 1000 Adventure...needed a beater
Sold too many to list
Rode way too many to list...I had a cool job

Offline SLH0568

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 03:28:23 PM »
Hmm. Sounds intriguing although almost all of my 3 hours in the saddle to get up that would would be on I-5, at least one way :( And seeing as I only have 500 miles on the new bike I'd have painfully few stories to tell, lol. But always nice to have a reason to get out and explore. Sounds like a possibility.
2012 Concours

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 08:27:02 PM »
Let's see...50 miles of secondary roads and 320 miles of slab...

Here is another idea...come on down to SoCal and we will do a couple of hundred miles of Angeles Crest and the like.  Already have a Corbin...it *might* be better than the stocker, but not dramatically.  What is the attraction there anyway?

saxman
2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Offline F-106

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 11:09:38 AM »
I understand your point but due to our state being so large, anytime you plan something like this the place you meet is  to far away for some to attend. Some things you can make and some you can't.
Let's see...50 miles of secondary roads and 320 miles of slab...

Here is another idea...come on down to SoCal and we will do a couple of hundred miles of Angeles Crest and the like.  Already have a Corbin...it *might* be better than the stocker, but not dramatically.  What is the attraction there anyway?

saxman
IN THRUST WE TRUST