Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853140 times)

Offline tomp

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #540 on: January 27, 2015, 07:53:25 PM »
Now the Green is the fast color !!!!!!

I LIKE that shade of green.  Great looking 14, sir...  tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

elp_jc

« Reply #541 on: January 28, 2015, 03:29:08 AM »
Okay, okay, okay, here are some pictures. Was fully debadging/destickering/dereflectorizing the bike, plus installing the battery tender pigtail to easily charge the battery (it was a royal PITA, but left it like factory). And it's freaking 3:30am ;D, but I'm posting pics folks, so you know this time is for real 8). Will start a new thread because have several questions and comments. Now I know why the 2015s weigh 2 lbs more: they all have a charcoal canister now :(.

Hey, am I the first one here with a 2015? Ride home was great, by the way. But when I first fired up the engine, it stalled. Then it barely started the second time. The high-idle never kicked in, and it was about 60ºF. Weird, huh? And now that I adjusted the idle (was too high), it might not even fire up without holding the throttle. Now to good news: SUPER SMOOTH ride. And I was really happy with 6th gear: 4K rpm = 88 mph. That's AWESOME. Still need to do some work for an hour or two folks, so will catch up with you tomorrow.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #542 on: January 28, 2015, 04:33:10 AM »
Well, I'm bringing it home today ;D. And chose the ugly green to please my wife (who didn't want black for safety reasons). Ha ha. It's not that bad, but just a little ridiculous for a 53-yr old fart IMO, but I don't care about colors; that's why I don't understand why some folks got offended when I said it was ugly. Well, I own one now, so I can say it all I want, right? ;). My credit card will be smoking tonight after ordering all the crap I have on my list :o. Have a great afternoon folks.

Congrats on the great new bike!

Yep, your wife should be happy.  Everyone will see you coming a mile away with that color.  Congratulations on the purchase!

They'll see you but it won't stop em from pulling out in front of you anyways.    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #543 on: January 28, 2015, 04:35:46 AM »
KiPass overcomes ALL obstacles and difficulties as part of its normal operating mode. But one of the undocumented features is its ability to change the perceived color of the motorcycle.... here is what you do..... while holding your fob as tight as you can, squeeze your eyes shut, click your heels together three times and whisper 'Green.....green.....green'. From that moment on, all others will not only see the bike as green, it will be their favorite shade of green.

Disclaimer: if you squeeze your fob too tight you could hurt yourself.

Brian

Except that it is light blue and not silver....  :)

It apparently works in a similar way with Silverdammits too as Max thinks they are blue.    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #544 on: January 28, 2015, 04:47:16 AM »
That would be silvery baby blue.

Offline Ghost Rider 2

« Reply #545 on: January 28, 2015, 05:06:38 AM »
  Well my 09 is starting to take shape.  I have been working on it as I get time.  The J&M cb audio system is in place. GPS mounts installed.  Trying to discide if I want satellite radio or just a mp3.  Will figure that out by the weekend.  Just need weather to warm up I want to ride!!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #546 on: January 28, 2015, 05:10:01 AM »
Got snow?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #547 on: January 28, 2015, 05:47:47 AM »
That would be silvery baby blue.

Yep!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #548 on: January 28, 2015, 06:39:14 AM »
Congrats on the new scoot.  I know you will enjoy it, regardless of the color.  tomp

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #549 on: January 28, 2015, 08:01:06 AM »
Congrats on the new bike. Gotta admit, the Green is starting to grow on me a little..
Shame it's not Red Pink... <sly grin>

It's amazing how ones opinion of color changes over time... (Ain't it)?   ;D

Have no idea if your the first to bring one home, but I think your the first to post photo's...
NOTE: To be official, we need to see a photo of you on the bike...

You removed the Kawasaki emblems?  achhhhhhhhhhhh   Sacrilege!
You must be an "ex" BMW Guy........

Ride safe, Ted

Offline tomp

« Reply #550 on: January 28, 2015, 09:03:27 AM »
I rode for 40 years before my first Kawasaki.  Four since then and they have all been fun.  The Connie by far the best, and am proud to ride it.  Personally I wouldn't remove the Name off the bike, but I see it done all the time on KLR's , so different strokes is OK by me. 

Make sure you post a link to the new thread on this one.   tomp

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #551 on: January 28, 2015, 10:48:22 AM »
A buddy of mine has an Indian. I think his last count was twenty six places on that bike that says Indian. All stamped or painted.  :)

Offline tomp

« Reply #552 on: January 28, 2015, 10:59:19 AM »
A buddy of mine has an Indian. I think his last count was twenty six places on that bike that says Indian. All stamped or painted.  :)

That's crazy.  My Dyna has Harley Davidson three places on the tank, and one Bar and Shield logo on the cam cover.  Think Indian has an identity complex?  Did he find the Polaris name anywhere?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #553 on: January 28, 2015, 11:01:09 AM »
lol no polaris

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #554 on: January 28, 2015, 11:07:59 AM »
I rode for 40 years before my first Kawasaki.  Four since then and they have all been fun.  The Connie by far the best, and am proud to ride it.  Personally I wouldn't remove the Name off the bike, but I see it done all the time on KLR's , so different strokes is OK by me.

Make sure you post a link to the new thread on this one.   tomp

I don't care much either but I've never understood the phenomenon of trying to disguise the brand of the bike. I once owned a Honda VTX and did a couple of rides with a VTX owners group. I had several people come up to me advising how to remove anything with Honda on the bike. Many of the bikes in the group had all badges and emblems removed. I had no problem with Honda putting a stamp on their bike and was happy to leave the badges alone. Harley owners don't seem to have this problem. In fact they seem to buy shirts, jackets, boots and do-rags to advertise the fact that they have a Harley.

Offline tomp

« Reply #555 on: January 28, 2015, 11:14:49 AM »
I don't care much either but I've never understood the phenomenon of trying to disguise the brand of the bike. I once owned a Honda VTX and did a couple of rides with a VTX owners group. I had several people come up to me advising how to remove anything with Honda on the bike. Many of the bikes in the group had all badges and emblems removed. I had no problem with Honda putting a stamp on their bike and was happy to leave the badges alone. Harley owners don't seem to have this problem. In fact they seem to buy shirts, jackets, boots and do-rags to advertise the fact that they have a Harley.
You think that those Honda owners thought they could pass them off as Harley's if the logos were gone?  This is the one often found on KLR's, and I do think it is hilarious, even being a long time BMW owner.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #556 on: January 28, 2015, 12:08:41 PM »
I guess I'm not picking on JC for removing the Logo's.
To each his own... (I removed them on my first Connie)

I'm picking him for removing them before "we" got to see it with emblems.
AND
I'm picking on him,, because I've been helping him look for a bike, and because,,,,, It's fun....  <evil grin>

NOTE: In a past note I recall someone having a throttle/idle issue.
          I think I recall that they did a "learn" on the ECM?
                ie; Key on, do not start,,,
                     turn the throttle from off to WOT a couple of times.
                     key off,,,
                     Then start the bike and problem was gone.

Anyone else remember that discussion??       May have been on other Forum..

Ride safe, Ted             

Offline tomp

« Reply #557 on: January 28, 2015, 12:16:49 PM »
That thread was here and divided the members for days.  Proof/no proof.  Same thread at UK forum.  They had more positive results, I do believe.  Something to do with the TPS redo. 

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #558 on: January 28, 2015, 12:33:37 PM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #559 on: January 28, 2015, 12:50:22 PM »
I should really ban those that want to bring that thread back to life... ::)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.