Author Topic: Has this happened to any of your bag handles?  (Read 8106 times)

Offline tjhess74

Re: Has this happened to any of your bag handles?
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2016, 08:30:58 PM »
Nah, that process is a pain in the backside. I know the dealer isn't going to do that because it's a different warranty repair and Kaw sent two new keys with the new lock.  Hell, I'm not even gonna do that.  I'll just put an extra key on the key ring. 

Thanks for the info and link though, I had not seen that before.
'08 C14 Steve's Flash Rocks!!!

The 'other' forum evicted me!

Offline pacman1

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2020, 04:43:13 PM »
Dead thread resurrection. 

This recently happened to one of my latches as well.  Really don't want to do the multiple key thing so I'll be looking for some salvage latches to cannibalize.  I even thought about tracing out the shape on some rubber grip padding and gluing it on.  Something like this:

Might look like garbage, but no worse than the way it looks now.

I live in a very hot climate region.  I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
pacman
10 C14

Past bikes: 00 Blackbird, 99 ZRX1100, 93 ZR1100, 92 ZR550 Zephry, 90 CB1, 75 CB550F

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2020, 06:06:26 PM »
Dead thread resurrection. 
It is much better than creating a new thread for every existing topic, despite the counter-productive "warning" that comes up when posting on old threads  :)  Thanks

This recently happened to one of my latches as well.

Ug, that sucks.  It is so strange they resorted to gluing on a trim piece.  I think it might be the only thing like that on the whole bike.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2020, 09:48:31 AM »
This happened to me as well on my 08. Actually the bags are from my 09. I made a replacement cover out off aluminum sheet and glued it on and painted it black. I felt that for the repair to be reliable something stronger than plastic was required.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline pacman1

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2020, 11:35:52 AM »
That's a good idea.  I might try something like that. 

I haven't touched the bike in a few weeks.  This is off season for me, but riding season is coming soon!
pacman
10 C14

Past bikes: 00 Blackbird, 99 ZRX1100, 93 ZR1100, 92 ZR550 Zephry, 90 CB1, 75 CB550F

Offline offcourse2

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2020, 03:35:05 PM »
My right side just divorced me on I-75 left is loose PTB used the wrong adhesive almost like unset rtv. Walnut replacements in process.