Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 852992 times)

Offline mikeeitup

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #280 on: November 19, 2014, 07:15:38 PM »
Today was front end cleaning day. Calipers were cleaned and pads checked. Scrub-a-dub-dub. Took my headers in for some welding. Gonna have the CATs removed and an o2 bung put in for the autotune. Too cold to paint my pipes so I'm gonna wait til next week. Tomorrow is rear end cleaning day whoop! Hey... Any you guys have a good place to put the Autotune and PCV near each other? Thanks!
Mike
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #281 on: November 20, 2014, 03:32:13 AM »
I put mine under the left side black fairing piece, on top of the air intake tube and got power from the acc leads in the boot behind the dash.

sailor_chic

« Reply #282 on: November 23, 2014, 08:12:45 AM »
Tuesday I sent my seat back to Seth Laam for some additional adjustments. My bike looks so sad without a seat on it.

Then On Friday, the driving lights that I ordered, arrived from England after 3 weeks. I then made some brackets to mount them onto the front fender. I still have more work to do before I can mount them.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #283 on: November 23, 2014, 09:55:28 AM »

Then On Friday, the driving lights that I ordered, arrived from England after 3 weeks. I then made some brackets to mount them onto the front fender. I still have more work to do before I can mount them.
[/quote]

Little curious about the weight of those lights?

sailor_chic

« Reply #284 on: November 23, 2014, 04:44:33 PM »

Little curious about the weight of those lights?

I'm unsure of the weight, however I can say that they are smaller than the palm of my hand. Granted they are an all metal light, so they aren't some piece of crap that is of lesser weight. If your concerned about where I'm mounting them, I believe there is plenty of mass behind the fender and the mount for that will support them. My concern is the fender being able to handle the stress of the compression that is required to hold the light bracket in place to prevent any movement. Having only a single mounting point and nothing to prevent rotation, I am going to have to put plenty of torque on the light mounting bolt. Being that I lack having a degree to mathematically figure this stuff out, I tend to over engineer what I fabricate to compensate for what I think could be a potential downfall.

Offline tomp

« Reply #285 on: November 23, 2014, 05:05:29 PM »
Went out for a ride today and the dash started flashing Transponder Battery Low.  Not wanting to get stranded with a non functioning FOB, I returned home, removed the riding gear, and took the car to a CVS, for new batteries.  Replaced the batteries in both  FOBs, and everything was fine; no more blinking dash.  By the time all this was done, no riding time left.  Oh well, at least I won't need batteries again for years, as these were dated good til 2025.  They'll probably outlive me. 
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #286 on: November 23, 2014, 05:57:45 PM »
The dead battery fob would still work as a passive fob if you remove the key and hold that empty key slot against a corresponding protrusion on the forward side of the ignition switch.

Offline tomp

« Reply #287 on: November 23, 2014, 06:25:44 PM »
The dead battery fob would still work as a passive fob if you remove the key and hold that empty key slot against a corresponding protrusion on the forward side of the ignition switch.

I think I may understand that, but a couple of pics would help.  I have an 08, so I don't know if the technique is the same for all years.  Thanks, tp

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #289 on: November 23, 2014, 07:20:52 PM »
Yep, procedure works for all year C-14's.

Every owner should brush up a little on this because it is not a case of if but when the fob battery goes dead. Mitsubishi put everything needed to work right through that situation effortlessly but it is useless if a C-14 rider does not know how to use it.

Brian

I think I may understand that, but a couple of pics would help.  I have an 08, so I don't know if the technique is the same for all years.  Thanks, tp
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline tomp

« Reply #290 on: November 23, 2014, 07:26:11 PM »
Thanks guys.  This FOB thing is new to me.  Owned 58 bikes, and except for MX machines all have had keys. 

Wow, English sure isn't the first or even second language of the writer of the manual.   Need to read a few times to understand just what was being said.  tp

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #291 on: November 23, 2014, 10:08:56 PM »
Thanks guys.  This FOB thing is new to me.  Owned 58 bikes, and except for MX machines all have had keys. 

Yep.  Also note that if the battery dies while the engine is running, it won't affect anything until the bike is turned off.  At that point, you would have to go into passive mode to restart the bike (by holding the fob on the ignition while starting)

Wow, English sure isn't the first or even second language of the writer of the manual.   Need to read a few times to understand just what was being said.  tp

Yep, the owner's manual is a mess.  http://www.engrish.com
Strangely, the service manual is perfect English.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #292 on: November 29, 2014, 08:52:51 PM »
Was suiting up for a ride today, and a neighbor came by on his '76 CB400 Super Sport,  he had just finished restoring.  Asked me over to see his other new ride, a 2014 CSC Mustang 150cc motor bike.  A 5 speed, rigid, with a springer seat.  A really cool bike, but not as cool as his restored '58 Mustang.  We tinkered with the 400 a while, and enjoyed staring at the new 150.  By the time I left, the sun was setting, and I went all  the way around the block to home.  Gonna try again tomorrow.  Man, he has some cool little bikes.  He has a 750 Griso Moto Guzzi, too.  It was a fun time, even if I wasn't riding... tp

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #293 on: November 29, 2014, 09:04:27 PM »
Rode about 300 miles down to southside VA and back.  Spent some time with my wife at her Mother's house.  My wife's sister was in from TN as well.  My wife will be back home tomorrow.  Used the heated gear.  Thank goodness for that otherwise I would have froze to death.  Lots of LEOs on I85 and on I95 in Richmond proper.  Saw one that had two pulled over.  The bike ran flawlessly.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tomp

« Reply #294 on: November 29, 2014, 09:12:58 PM »
Sounds like you had a great day, Jim.  At least you rode farther than around the block, as I did.  No need for heated gear here, In the 70's. 

sailor_chic

« Reply #295 on: November 30, 2014, 10:27:00 AM »
Indeed it sounds like a nice day for both of you. Im kinda jealous that you two get to ride, even if its only around the block.
Im stuck in a shipyard in Tampa, and can only envision my bike and the next upgrades. At least today is a day off, and also my birthday. So Im getting double pay for doing absolutely nothing!!! Gotta  love it. 14 more days and counting.

Offline tomp

« Reply #296 on: November 30, 2014, 10:36:46 AM »
. At least today is a day off, and also my birthday. So Im getting double pay for doing absolutely nothing!!! Gotta  love it. 14 more days and counting.

Happy Birthday, to you, sailor_chic.  Hope the day is special for you, even if you can't be riding.  If you get bored, read this RR on  ADV.  One of the best I have ever read, period. . .I've been following it/her story, since almost day one. 

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=831213

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #297 on: November 30, 2014, 11:10:19 AM »
Yep, Happy Birthday! :banana
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tomp

« Reply #298 on: November 30, 2014, 03:12:40 PM »
Sailor_chic, I took an afternoon ride, in honor of your birthday.  Hope you enjoyed it.  I know I did.  tomp

sailor_chic

« Reply #299 on: November 30, 2014, 04:19:26 PM »
Awww, thanks tomp. Yes I always enjoy a nice ride  ;D