Author Topic: My mpg with mccruise  (Read 3312 times)

Offline Conniesaki

Re: My mpg with mccruise
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2018, 02:33:01 PM »
I do it because I enjoy it. I don't average 80, because if I did, I would spend more time stopped for tickets, and spend more on fines than fuel. Some people enjoy long distance riding, some don't.

I did several Branson, Mo to Pittsburgh rides in one day as well. Door to door was 900 miles, and rode straight through. I have also done Miami to Pittsburgh straight through, about 1200 miles.

Many people ride like this, and enjoy it. Perhaps you have never heard of the Iron Butt.  I also rode my RC51 like that when I could. I rode it from Pittsburgh to Iowa nonstop as well.

You and Deziner are coo coo loco then  :thumbs:

I texted my riding buddy (~50 years old, thin and in apparent good shape) who rides an FJR as full time transport as to whether 800 mile days are casual. He said 500/day is comfortable/casual for him. And, "800/day would be pushing it for me unless it's all interstate, which is still a lot of boring miles, no fun and brutal on the body." Then settled on 600/day max for him.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 02:33:55 PM by Conniesaki »

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2018, 12:44:40 PM »
I am significantly older than 50, work out every day, and still work at least 70 hours per week. I work hard and play hard.

As a rule, I don't throw a leg over my motorcycle unless I'm going to cross a state line. I live outside of Phoenix and riding to LA or Vegas is just barely enough saddle time to clear my head. I generally don't start to unwind until I am well into my second tank of fuel.

I have always enjoyed knocking out miles. Fort Campbell to Pittsburgh was nothing when I was in my 20's. In my 30's I'd leave after work and ride 500 miles to Albuquerque on Friday and come back on Sunday. On a cast iron Sportster. (I was tough then.) I simply love being on the road. I still enjoy Phoenix to the East coast and back in 4 days in a pick up truck. Some of us are just that way.

However, it is true that very few want to ride me. But that's ok too, I prefer to go it alone. Solitude works for me. I would much rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about Good than be in church thinking about riding my motorcycle.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2018, 02:36:41 PM »
I am significantly older than 50, work out every day, and still work at least 70 hours per week. I work hard and play hard.

As a rule, I don't throw a leg over my motorcycle unless I'm going to cross a state line. I live outside of Phoenix and riding to LA or Vegas is just barely enough saddle time to clear my head. I generally don't start to unwind until I am well into my second tank of fuel.

I have always enjoyed knocking out miles. Fort Campbell to Pittsburgh was nothing when I was in my 20's. In my 30's I'd leave after work and ride 500 miles to Albuquerque on Friday and come back on Sunday. On a cast iron Sportster. (I was tough then.) I simply love being on the road. I still enjoy Phoenix to the East coast and back in 4 days in a pick up truck. Some of us are just that way.

However, it is true that very few want to ride me. But that's ok too, I prefer to go it alone. Solitude works for me. I would much rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about Good than be in church thinking about riding my motorcycle.

Well I repeat, you are loco.

And I'm sorry noone wants to ride you.

:P

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2018, 06:33:12 PM »

Still got the iron sporty?

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2018, 06:47:38 PM »
Nope, it went away a long time ago. Now in addition to the C14, I have an '85 FXWG with a 4 speed and a kicker and a later model 74 inch Evo Sportster
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....