Author Topic: Admore Light Bar Installation  (Read 26584 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Admore Light Bar Installation
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2016, 03:59:18 PM »
Another full year of working perfectly... knock on wood!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2018, 03:19:29 PM »
Another full year of working perfectly... knock on wood!

And two more years of my mounting working perfectly (3 total on new mounting design)... knock on some additional wood.  So it seems like the modified mounting design is certainly a keeper.  So I still highly recommend.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 06:05:25 AM by maxtog »
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2018, 10:50:30 PM »
Seven years for mine last month, and still only that one LED is out on the left light bar.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2018, 06:04:32 AM »
Seven years for mine last month, and still only that one LED is out on the left light bar.

Seven years on mine too, in a month.

I will admit that mine does get some condensation/moisture in it, especially after washing the bike.  But it isn't tons and it doesn't seem to affect it at all.  Their bracket also has a little rust on it.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2018, 08:41:17 AM »
...especially after washing the bike.
Huh?  ???   I'm not familiar with that...is that something new?

Their bracket also has a little rust on it.
Is that related to this "washing" you speak of?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2018, 07:28:59 PM »
Huh?  ???   I'm not familiar with that...is that something new?

Nah.  It is that thing, like I did today, that gets rid of all the grime and bugs and crap and replaces it with shine and pride!  I even "waxed" it (of course it is not wax, how primitive; but saying "polished" sounds strange) which helps protect it and makes it easier to keep clean.  It also gives me a chance to check everything out and make sure nothing is loose, missing, damaged, whatever.  And clean mirrors and dash makes it more convenient and safe to use, too.

Interestingly, I was missing a bolt that holds the top cover on.  Somehow I must have forgotten to put it back in when I did that "bleeding" of the clutch fluid.  It is just gone.  I scrounged around and found two that were from the rack before I added the helmet locks (which came with longer ones).  It was the right thread and head, but too long, so I just used a tall washer.  Oops.... I said "wash" again..........   :o

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2018, 12:46:39 AM »
It also gives me a chance to check everything out and make sure nothing is loose, missing, damaged, whatever. 

But don't the encrusted bugs and grime sort of cement everthing to the bike so you don't have to worry about things getting loose and flying off? As for damage I always thought the crusty exterior sort of provided a level of impact absorption. I know when new bugs hit the old encrusted bugs that instead of sticking  they just bounce away. Different strokes I guess. Your way sounds like a lot of work. ;D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 08:35:58 AM by fartymarty »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2018, 06:30:51 AM »
 ::)