Author Topic: Excellent Customer Service  (Read 2535 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Excellent Customer Service
« on: January 01, 2018, 07:37:49 AM »
This thread is for those that have received excellent customer service...

The Virginia DMV.....hard to believe but it happened last Thursday or Friday.

As some here know, I'm prepping the C14 for sale as I'm not riding it anymore.  So I'm going over it and find a fork seal leaking.  Took the forks out and called the nearest Kawi dealer in Unionville to see if they could take care of it.  Service guy says bring the VIN so that they make sure they get the right parts.   I don't know what made me look closer at it (Vin) but I noticed it was missing a character (11th).  Told the service guy about it and all of the service people say it's going to be an ordeal to get it fixed.  Oh my..

So I try call the local office and the number is always busy.   I write an email to the main office in Richmond and they come back with need more info from me and to please call them.  I do and it's about a 5 minute wait for someone to come on.   She listens and looks up all the paperwork and finds that it happened when I changed the title over to add my wife.  She fixes it in the system and says she'll mail me the new title and the registration and will give me periodic updates to make sure that I get it.

Wow, considering all the shudders with working with any state DMV office all I can say is  :thumbs:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
Re: Excellent Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 07:58:57 AM »
Don't be too hasty with the kudos. They may still get you by gratuitously certifying that the odometer reading is unreliable?
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 08:24:57 AM »
Yeah well OK but I bet the shopping carts at the DMV were atrocious, right?

:-)

Brian

As some here know, I'm prepping the C14 for sale as I'm not riding it anymore.  So I'm going over it and find a fork seal leaking.  Took the forks out and called the nearest Kawi dealer in Unionville to see if they could take care of it.  Service guy says bring the VIN so that they make sure they get the right parts.   I don't know what made me look closer at it (Vin) but I noticed it was missing a character (11th).  Told the service guy about it and all of the service people say it's going to be an ordeal to get it fixed.  Oh my..

So I try call the local office and the number is always busy.   I write an email to the main office in Richmond and they come back with need more info from me and to please call them.  I do and it's about a 5 minute wait for someone to come on.   She listens and looks up all the paperwork and finds that it happened when I changed the title over to add my wife.  She fixes it in the system and says she'll mail me the new title and the registration and will give me periodic updates to make sure that I get it.

Wow, considering all the shudders with working with any state DMV office all I can say is  :thumbs:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 08:28:37 AM »
Nice things, guys, nice things.   This isn't the Crazy and Annoyed thread.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 09:09:47 AM »
I'll chime in and give kudos to Amazon customer service.

We buy a lot of stuff from Amazon and it's not often that we have an issue that involves a refund or replacement. Once in a while it does happen and Amazon has always been great with their service.  :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 09:49:37 AM »
Hyper-Lights products.
 I emailed them asking about replacement costs for just one Hyper-White as one of mine had started smoking and malfunctioned in October of 2017.
They sent me one and said it was covered by warranty.
 They were originally purchased in the spring of 2012.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 11:25:45 AM »
For me, it is most everyone / every institution I deal with. Maybe not all excellent but almost all are and always have been good to very good or better.

Last night my water meter froze (in the cellar!). Got up today, no water. Called the water Co. and they said they would send someone out with a new meter. I asked about how long, the gentleman said w/in an hour he hoped. (!!!!) I was amazed and told him I had actually expected to hear something like 3 days. The guys (2), meter and truck were here in 2 hours, changed out the meter, made sure nothing leaked and did a quick volume test, all w/in 45 minutes, including going to the street to turn the water off and back on again. IMO, excellent customer service, just like most of the customer service I use / run into.

Had an LED light strip power supply quit last week, ordered a new one from Ebay, got it w/in a couple- three days, and it worked..... for 0.2 seconds. I wrote to the co. that sold it and they said sorry, refunded my money (including shipping), told me to keep the one I had and asked if I wanted to buy another. Again, fine customer service (a garbage product but that would be a very different thread).

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 10:19:28 AM »
I guess there isn't that much great customer service going around, it's been kin of dead in here lately.

I don't know what made me look closer at it (Vin) but I noticed it was missing a character (11th).  Told the service guy about it and all of the service people say it's going to be an ordeal to get it fixed.  Oh my..

While we are waiting for some excellent customer service to show up, I'm hoping I can ask a question here.
 What was the big ordeal of fixing a leaking fork without the vin. I've looked over the parts fiche and it looks like the seals are the same.
I noticed the reference to the vin # in both the '08 and '09 but I'm thinking it's only because some have the speed sensor boss drilled out
for ABS, and non-ABS don't have it drilled out. I went down the lists side by side and didn't see any different part numbers for individual parts except the right hand
lower fork (drilled or not drilled) but I could have missed something. Was there some mid production fork change in the GEN I that I've missed hearing about?

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 08:57:20 PM »
Several years ago I was at the DMV for license renewal , and there was a large family of people from the far east (what can I say without being banned or sued?).  There was about 10 or 12 or so.  When the guy at the counter called "Number 8", they all went to the counter at once.  They had taken ONE NUMBER for the whole group.  The counter guy wasn't having it.  He yelled at them, something like, "Look, only ONE of you is number 8... YOU..... YOU are number 8.  The rest of you SIT DOWN!!!"

Laughed my butt off.

As for service, my fiance had three vertabra fused two weeks ago, and I have to say the nursing staff at Seattle Swedish Orthopedic Center was just fantastic.  They treated her like the queen of the planet.  (She thinks she is anyway.)  Just can't say enough good about the care she received there.

A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 08:15:19 AM »

My first C14 original title had a VIN error. Did not find out until 8 years of ownership when a helpful Arkansas State Trooper informed me while giving me a performance award. My local DMV lady jumped through several hoops in order to correct the error without having to charge me $46.00 for a replacement title.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 12:37:09 PM »
Bought a used SigSauer P220 pistol on Gunbroker. The firearm came in and it was so filthy I decided to have Sig do the honors, break it down, replace any gunked up parts that couldn't be saved, and while they're at it, convert the pistol from DAO to DAO/SAO.

Could not be happier with the guy on the phone. Knowledgeable, friendly (without being obsequious -- you know the type, especially from that rather large Asian country known for its curry and cows wandering the street), and fast.

I should have my refurbished pistol in a couple of weeks.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 02:02:41 PM »
You guys are failing...
MURPHS KITS!
Sometimes the item shows up the next day.  :o
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 04:44:38 PM »
You guys are failing...
MURPHS KITS!
Sometimes the item shows up the next day.  :o

Well, my bearing shifter kit took 3 days, but I'm not complaining. I couldn't have installed it even had it arrived the next day. Work, etc.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90