Author Topic: Women of Concours  (Read 21062 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Women of Concours
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2015, 05:01:22 PM »
I have to agree with deziner on his well written post. Stereotypes are what they are and unfortunately the women always seem to get the bad wrap.

Actually, that is not true.  Men have just as many inaccurate or unfair negative stereotypes....   Being unfaithful, unable to concentrate, not willing or able to clean/cook/sew/whatever, being generally reckless, being rude, having no memory, being unable to commit, being consumed by sports, unable to talk about feelings, etc, etc.

Yes, most stereotypes are based on accurate generalities...  but individuals in any stereotyped group should not feel limited by the box they might feel placed in.  At least, I hope not.  Some stereotypes are, indeed, funny (when used carefully and appropriately)... and although I try to be respectful, I don't want to be overly PC either.

I, for one, have no question in my mind you are a better rider than I am.  And I am not ashamed to say it in public, either.  But I will keep trying to be better :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 05:03:27 PM »
So when someone does something crazy, they seemed to be referred to as having big balls, correct?

Not correct if you are asking me.  I think that is crude, disgusting, inaccurate, and sexist.  What they have is "guts".  Works so much better.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2015, 05:33:54 PM »
Actually, that is not true.  Men have just as many inaccurate or unfair negative stereotypes....   Being unfaithful, unable to concentrate, not willing or able to clean/cook/sew/whatever, being generally reckless, being rude, having no memory, being unable to commit, being consumed by sports, unable to talk about feelings, etc, etc.

Yes, most stereotypes are based on accurate generalities...  but individuals in any stereotyped group should not feel limited by the box they might feel placed in.  At least, I hope not.  Some stereotypes are, indeed, funny (when used carefully and appropriately)... and although I try to be respectful, I don't want to be overly PC either.

I, for one, have no question in my mind you are a better rider than I am.  And I am not ashamed to say it in public, either.  But I will keep trying to be better :)

I have two of those....unable to concentrate and no memory.  But then again, I grew up in the early 70's.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

sailor_chic

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2015, 05:42:46 PM »
Max,  I hope I didn't come across as being a better rider than someone else. I was simply trying to portray that I can hold my own when it comes to riding.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 05:47:43 PM »
Case in point...just lost my beer.  It's around here somewhere.  Found it.  Oh my, it's empty.  Time for another as I listen/watch Neil Young:  Heart of Gold live at the Ryman in 2006.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2015, 05:54:51 PM »
This brings up other thoughts regarding gender,  or rather the parts of our anatomy that separate us. Let me see if I can express this correctly...
So when someone does something crazy, they seemed to be referred to as having big balls, correct?  But if someone was to do something weak or not up to par, then they are referred to as being a p*ssy. So how come it is then, that a p*ssy can take a good pounding, but a meer flick of a finger on the balls will bring him right down and out of order. 
Just sayin!

...and if this turns into gender based pissin contest who do you think has the advantage.  :rotflmao:

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2015, 05:56:25 PM »
My forgetter is the most highly functional part of whats left of my brain.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2015, 05:58:16 PM »
...and if this turns into gender based pissin contest who do you think has the advantage.  :rotflmao:

That depends on the condition of your prostate..... ::)
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2015, 06:32:08 PM »
Before this gets out of hand (easy boys) and I get too 'happy' let's watch where we're going here and what this thread was really about..the eco indicator on the C14.

Jim, it's winter and all the ADHD or what ever the government is now referring to the average American male, are going crazy from not being able to watch the ECO Indicator  go on and off as they ride, mainly OFF.  Sailor_chic at least gets to go out to sea and do something other than stare at the TV and wait for Spring.  I live in Texas, but would enjoy being in FLA, just to ride with Nicole.  After 46 years on motorcycles, I bet I could still learn from her skills...

FWIW, I always have wondered why ladies can't race with the men in Supercross, etc.  Given the chance, I'll bet they could be very competitive with the likes of Tomac, Short, Reed, etc.  All look alike with the gear on and a FF helmet.  Women can be very aggressive,   my ex wife is a perfect example.  She has  never seen or acknowledged anything ECO, except for my spending limits. . .tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

sailor_chic

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2015, 06:53:09 PM »
Let's go riding tomp!  Speaking of riding, on my small bucket list is riding to Texas and go camp for a couple of nights in Big Bend national park. From what I've read, it's beautiful.

And no, I didn't want to start any kind of contests about the superior gender. It was just a thought that I had about the anatomy that I shared. As it was brought up,  it is winter....

Offline tomp

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2015, 07:08:06 PM »
Never been to Big Bend, but have several friends who have been many times.  Until recently, I was a workaholic/dedicated employee.  Got dumped by my company so my accounts could be given to younger reps.  Over 90% of my acct's went with other companies, so my company dumped me for nothing.  Sad part is now I have the time to tour, but not the funds. 

Like you, I am divorced and my boys are grown and gone, too.  Hopefully I will find a new job soon, and actually get vacation days to do some touring.  Only God knows for sure.   Thought you were afloat for a while.  If not yet, have a great time and keep us guys on the straight and narrow. 

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2015, 07:13:50 PM »
All in good fun Sword Guy. I thought we got that echo thing worked out to the OP's satisfaction.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2015, 07:42:27 PM »
... Think Harley rider and what image pops in to your head? ...

My grandmother. Grandpa's name was...

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2015, 07:52:18 PM »

My grandmother. Grandpa's name was...

Rick

Mr. Hall?

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2015, 09:29:34 PM »
Mr. Hall?

Mom's side, sorry. Harry, Harlan, Hortense, Harley, Horatio, Oscar. Pick one.

Rick

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2015, 10:12:57 PM »
Just a wild guess here but, Harley?

Offline tomp

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2015, 10:15:32 PM »

Mom's side, sorry. Harry, Harlan, Hortense, Harley, Horatio, Oscar. Pick one.

Rick
Rick, that was too much, being a grand father myself.  Guess everyone has fun riding Harley's.  Perhaps I need to change my middle name from Eric to Harley. 

Hope all have a great week and pay special attention to that ECO indicator, to improve your MPG.   See how I fit that in, Jim?   

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2015, 11:03:26 PM »
Just a wild guess here but, Harley?

Actually Oscar. But your lead in was too much to pass up ;)

Rick

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2015, 11:38:37 PM »

Old school from the old boys club!

Doesn't carry as much weight as it use to, considering the women that race sport bikes today.

I have always wondered why there are no ladies doing MotoGP or WSBikes? Seems like they would be the ideal weight for those bikes, and find sponsor money easily. The only one I can think of is Melissa Paris in the American Daytona 600 c.c. class who runs back of the pack.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2015, 10:16:05 AM »
.... on my small bucket list is riding to Texas and go camp for a couple of nights in Big Bend national park. From what I've read, it's beautiful.
Never been to Big Bend,...   
My dinger sounded...
...did someone say Big Bend?.....I love it out there.....

..so what does this have to do with the (current) topic? (women of Concours until it gets moved or changed)....my wife refers to my motorcycles and Big Bend as my mistresses. (that counts, right?)

..and yes there is sailing there too (of a sort).