Author Topic: New Member - No Concours yet  (Read 2860 times)

Offline okrider

• Dora: '11 Black
New Member - No Concours yet
« on: April 15, 2018, 07:34:20 AM »
Hello everyone,

I will be moving to Atlanta next week and plan to get my first 2010+ C14 once I make the move. Might wait til winter for a good deal but I'm here to learn more about the bike before I buy it. I currently ride a 2008 Yamaha FZ1 and absolutely love it. The FZ1 forum is super helpful and has taught me a lot so I figured I'd read up on the C14 from the owners before I actually make a purchase, possibly buy one from a forum member.

Anyways, nice to meet you all.
OK
'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
Re: New Member - No Concours yet
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 07:43:18 AM »
Welcome to the forum OK. Lots of friendly, knowledgeable, and most importantly helpful guys and gals on here.
Good luck on your search for your C14.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 08:53:52 PM »
Welcome aboard!

No Concours yet?!?!  You really need to correct that problem ASAP!

I have a slightly different perspective than most here, coming from a cruiser / bagger background. I still own one of each, but I am thoroughly enjoying my Concours! Especially in the mountains! Makes me wish I would have bought a sport bike back when I was young enough for my body to tolerate that riding position. Now, the Concours is probably as close as I will ever get to riding a sport bike.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 03:52:40 AM »
Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline O.C.

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 07:27:26 AM »
Welcome from Northern Ireland   ;)   
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 10:42:55 AM »
You just missed a couple of good deals on bikes here (in my opinion), but this is one of the best bang for the buck sport touring bikes on the planet!   Good luck with your search!
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline Justcliff

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 08:08:41 PM »
Welcome aboard!

The C14 is about as much bang for the buck as you possibly want in a bike. Mile eaters & bullet proof!
Cliff

2008 C14, 250,000 miles & counting!  2014 V-Strom 1000
IBA#66047

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 07:00:59 PM »
Welcome aboard!

The C14 is about as much bang for the buck as you possibly want in a bike. Mile eaters & bullet proof!
[/quot
Welcome aboard!

Let us know when you hit 300,000 miles.

Offline okrider

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 01:37:18 PM »
I got one!!!

Got me a 2011 with 30k miles. Russell Day Long seat, ECU flash, Helibars Horizon bars, Two Bros slip on and Throttlemeister. I have a couple questions for the people of this forum.

How much can I sell my Pirate's Lair backrest? I know they are $435 new. I want to get a backrest that goes onto the top case. How much do those go for?

How labor intensive is reaching the coolant overflow tank? Mine's a little low. I'd like to top it off.
'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 02:02:23 PM »
Congrats! Good looking Connie with lots of mods already done.  :thumbs:
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 03:54:14 PM »
Nice looking ride, Congrats! I don't have CC's so I can't say how they affect getting to the coolant tank but it shouldn't be too time consuming to loosen/remove some plastic.

What flavor ECU flash do you have?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 06:19:57 PM »
It's a pain in the ass for such little reward. When you do remove the plastic take a marker and mark the levels so it's easier to see. You could try to inject (backfill) through the overflow tube.

Offline okrider

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 07:08:03 PM »
Did it today. Removed a couple bolts from the fairing and then I could fit my hand in it to take the cap off. Filled it using two funnels. Replaced the fork seals today and fresh fluid in both forks. Then I went to the local DIY garage because they have the correct size hose for the brake bleeders. Bled both front-rear brakes and the clutch. The fluid was 2 years old and was showing it. Much happier with the new fluid.

Removed the lower left fairing for the clutch and figured out why my coolant tank was low. One of the coolant hoses was leaking. Tightened that. Should be good to go now.

As for the ECU flash, it's done by a someone named Steve Sefsick. I personally haven't heard of him so if anyone else has info on his flash, I'd appreciate it. If it wasn't flashed, I was going to go for Ivan's, mostly because I know he's worked wonders for the Yamaha FZ1, I have one of those as well.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2018, 08:03:16 PM »
Steve is a long respected of the Concours community.   https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home

Offline okrider

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2018, 08:09:35 PM »
Great info, thank you very much. Now I know what's been done to my bike. It rides really well, no complaints. I'm not sure how the stock bike behaves as I've never ridden one.