Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 671956 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #120 on: November 08, 2011, 12:24:53 PM »
My wife just called me from work.  She wanted me to print out a mixed drink recipe.  I asked her what show.  She said the cooking show on TV....  Which cooking show, there are billions of them, I said.  She said the one on HGTV.  I said which one on HGTV?  There probably are lots of them there, too, I said.  She started describing the drink she wanted..  I said I need more to go on.  She said nevermind.  I think she overestimates what I can do regarding the Web.  I don't guess that's all bad, though.  This has happened more than once to me.  One time she wanted to look for shoes on the Web....  I asked her what she wanted to search on and she said shoes.  I looked at her and said, I need more to go on than that.  She told me a color.  I said that won't do.  Do you have any thing more to go on like a store or something, I said.   She looked at me and said nevermind.  Sigh.  I feel I'm failing her at times...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #121 on: November 08, 2011, 01:44:14 PM »
Damn, I thought I was the only one.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #122 on: November 08, 2011, 02:20:07 PM »
That about sums up the differences in how I shop and how my wife shops. I decide before I leave the house what I want. I go to the store and buy the items I've already decided on. She goes to a store then proceeds to walk around looking at everything until she see's something that tickles her fancy and buys that. This is the same for the internet. If you know what you are looking for you can put in the proper search terms and find it. If you do not know what you are looking for the nearly infinite selection makes it impossible.

My wife just called me from work.  She wanted me to print out a mixed drink recipe.  I asked her what show.  She said the cooking show on TV....  Which cooking show, there are billions of them, I said.  She said the one on HGTV.  I said which one on HGTV?  There probably are lots of them there, too, I said.  She started describing the drink she wanted..  I said I need more to go on.  She said nevermind.  I think she overestimates what I can do regarding the Web.  I don't guess that's all bad, though.  This has happened more than once to me.  One time she wanted to look for shoes on the Web....  I asked her what she wanted to search on and she said shoes.  I looked at her and said, I need more to go on than that.  She told me a color.  I said that won't do.  Do you have any thing more to go on like a store or something, I said.   She looked at me and said nevermind.  Sigh.  I feel I'm failing her at times...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #123 on: November 08, 2011, 02:38:10 PM »
This is precisely what drives me insane when I go shopping with my wife. Then she'll tell me that she's done and we can go to the checkout, I get my hopes up that we may be heading home soon when all of a sudden, it all starts again because she just saw something that she likes. 

:banghead:

That about sums up the differences in how I shop and how my wife shops. I decide before I leave the house what I want. I go to the store and buy the items I've already decided on. She goes to a store then proceeds to walk around looking at everything until she see's something that tickles her fancy and buys that. This is the same for the internet. If you know what you are looking for you can put in the proper search terms and find it. If you do not know what you are looking for the nearly infinite selection makes it impossible.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #124 on: November 08, 2011, 03:14:06 PM »
Damn, I thought I was the only one.

You're failing VirginiaJim's wife, too?    :rotflmao:
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2011, 03:22:58 PM »
Nothing
Wayne Sikorski aka CigarSki
2010 ZG1400 - South Jersey
COG 9250

Offline Conrad

« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2011, 03:26:56 PM »
You guys are such a disappointment to Jim's wife...

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2011, 03:32:12 PM »
And now quite a few of us think you are failing her too Jim....

Why do you have to be so difficult? Can't you just look up shoes like she asked? Here- I did this in less than 10 seconds: http://www.horseshoesandtools.com/farrier-aprons-or-chaps.aspx?gclid=CM-69eeLqKwCFQRShwod9iYH_w

Not only did I find the shoes but also the tools and clothes to use them properly. Sheesh.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2011, 03:39:56 PM »
And now quite a few of us think you are failing her too Jim....

Why do you have to be so difficult? Can't you just look up shoes like she asked? Here- I did this in less than 10 seconds: http://www.horseshoesandtools.com/farrier-aprons-or-chaps.aspx?gclid=CM-69eeLqKwCFQRShwod9iYH_w

Not only did I find the shoes but also the tools and clothes to use them properly. Sheesh.

Brian

Brian!

What are you trying to say about Jim's wife? Have you ever met her?

Are you insinuating that Jim's wife is a...

blacksmith?

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2011, 03:47:24 PM »
Nothing, no and no.

I was just trying to help Jim a bit. If he would just acquiesce and <help> her with her searches then she would almost surely stop asking him. I mean even if she didn't hate the shoes that he got her outright, I bet she would absolutely hate it when he started to nail them on.... 

Brian

Brian!

What are you trying to say about Jim's wife? Have you ever met her?

Are you insinuating that Jim's wife is a...

blacksmith?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2011, 10:20:11 PM »
This is precisely what drives me insane when I go shopping with my wife. Then she'll tell me that she's done and we can go to the checkout, I get my hopes up that we may be heading home soon when all of a sudden, it all starts again because she just saw something that she likes. 

:banghead:

They just opened up a New Seasons grocery store a couple blocks away last month. They have an actual bar counter in there with a couple beers on tap or you can also just grab any beer bottle from the cooler and they'll pour it in a glass for you. I've gone shopping with my wife a half dozen times in the past month, and twice in the 3 years prior to this new store opening up... Now if I could only get them to put a tv on the wall with ESPN I'd be set, I keep working it with the bar host, next step is speaking with the store manager.
  ;D :chugbeer: 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2011, 04:55:15 AM »
I'm reading 'Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus' by John Gray on my Kindle adapted PC.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2011, 05:42:52 AM »
Why?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #133 on: November 09, 2011, 05:50:05 AM »
I'm trying to understand where my wife is coming from these days.  Something is working though, as we've been married 34 years.  I originally thought the book was science fiction....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2011, 05:56:44 AM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2011, 06:31:55 AM »
Excellent.  Thank you.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2011, 06:33:53 AM »
I was on the treadmill a few minutes ago and was watching the Blues Brothers (original movie).  I think it has one of the best car chase scenes I've ever seen, especially when the Nazis go airborne.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2011, 07:31:47 AM »
I hate Illinois Nazis.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Maille Man

• Arena
« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2011, 07:50:42 AM »
D.C. has a new bar, where the beer prices are 'market driven'.  Prices fluctuate in real time based on demand.  If the price of your daily favorite has gone up, make some friends and convince them to switch to your brand to bring the prices back down.

http://thebigboarddc.com/

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2011, 07:59:24 AM »
nice avatar