Mish mash > Open Forum

Stupid is as stupid does

(1/51) > >>

Conrad:
My son sent me a link to this insanity on Fakebook.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/1576329699361266/permalink/2092143477779883/

I looked for that vid on youtube but couldn't find it. I found this one instead, which is equally as stupid.

! No longer available

B.D.F.:
Yeah, but it was kinda' cool.

For one minute there, while they were getting 'in position', my mind was screaming a gigantic Easy Boys!.

Brian

--- Quote from: Conrad on December 27, 2017, 06:04:17 AM ---My son sent me a link to this insanity on Fakebook.

I looked for that vid on youtube but couldn't find it. I found this one instead, which is equally as stupid.

! No longer available

--- End quote ---

Rubber_Snake:
Brian, I thought they were getting ready for some roadskull too!!!  LOL
The guy is obviously talented and practiced to the point where he can control the bike with confidence. 

That being said, I’ve seen too many fatals when showing off goes very, very badly.  We had this guy doing a 100mph+ wheelie on his ‘Busa drift of a county road and sheer off a power pole at its base.  Of course, his club erected a monument to the last, most stupid thing he ever did...

maxtog:

--- Quote from: Conrad on December 27, 2017, 06:04:17 AM ---My son sent me a link to this insanity on Fakebook.

--- End quote ---

They are "dressed" with sleeveless T-shirts, torn cotton pants, and tennis shoes.  I can't think of anything more stupid.

--- Quote ---[I looked for that vid on youtube but couldn't find it. I found this one instead, which is equally as stupid.

! No longer available

--- End quote ---

Why does it not surprise me they are dressed almost as stupidly.   Why not just wear shorts and flip-flops too?  Or perhaps naked, since it looks like that is what they were going to do anyway.

B.D.F.:
Yeah, I thought I was on the wrong forum for a minute.  ;D

And that was my point regarding it being cool: something can be stupid and highly skilled, and well- executed at the same time. And I have no trouble acknowledging both things at the same time... it is stupid AND cool. :-)

Sorta' like mountain climbing into the 'death zone' (above 25,000 feet, where mammals cannot survive); I have all the respect in the world for the physical condition, the mental tanacity and overall skills while at the same time fully acknowledging it is simply a stupid thing to do. Not as stupid as free- climbing, which I have zero respect for but still, pretty stupid to go to a place where one cannot live. Duh. And Bravo! 

And a lot of us do / have done some stupid but maybe cool things as well. And in my own personal experience, those who never have done anything on the dumb side are frankly a little boring and have a stick up their.... well, you know. I am not encouraging bad behavior, just pointing out that the world is a big place and there is a huge range of behavior and a lot of it overlaps different areas all at the same time. Personally, I really like the stupid / cool method of tire seating using ether and a match but hey, fun is where one finds it.

Brian

--- Quote from: Rubber_Snake on December 27, 2017, 08:32:30 AM ---Brian, I thought they were getting ready for some roadskull too!!!  LOL
The guy is obviously talented and practiced to the point where he can control the bike with confidence. 

That being said, I’ve seen too many fatals when showing off goes very, very badly.  We had this guy doing a 100mph+ wheelie on his ‘Busa drift of a county road and sheer off a power pole at its base.  Of course, his club erected a monument to the last, most stupid thing he ever did...

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version