Poll

Vote to be part of the KIPASS BYPASS MOD by BDF

Vote to be part of the buy....
100 (87.7%)
Don't press this button.......
14 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: KIPASS BYPASS Mod by BDF  (Read 191741 times)

Offline kitesurfer

Re: KIPASS BYPASS Mod by BDF
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2012, 07:29:36 AM »
i have not checked this forum for awhile.  the only reason I bought a goldwing vs the conny was the KEYPASS.  i may again be in the hunt!

Offline Dack1

« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2012, 06:46:08 AM »
Hey guys,
Just wanted to drop my nickles worth. I saw this post the other day while lurking and e-mailed Brian (Wednesday), he responded with a PP addy and by saturday morning I had it in hand. This harness is very nice looks as though Kawasaki made it. You could not ask for a better answer to the Kpass issue (especially after having a problem 600 miles from home.) and Brian's quick response and shipping was a breath of fresh air in today's society. $50 is a bargin IMO.
This forum is such a great resource.

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #122 on: July 17, 2012, 09:52:25 PM »
I test mine once and a while. Secretly hope my Kpass will mess up so I can take advantage of this.  Its been well worth the peace of mind having mine installed.

Install was easy and Brians instructions were top-notch.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2012, 04:27:44 AM »
I test mine once and a while. Secretly hope my Kpass will mess up so I can take advantage of this.  Its been well worth the peace of mind having mine installed.

It's like drop protection for your bike. Once you have it, you'll never need it. Just don't leave it at home...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2012, 02:34:03 PM »
Thanks for the kind words.

As far as shipping, PayPal and the USPS really assist in making that quick and efficient; the whole process is really pretty slick and that aids in not adding wasted time between ordering, shipping and actual delivery. The USPS has also been very efficient in delivery- the harnesses get just about everywhere in the continental US in the 2-3 days they claim it will take.

Brian

Hey guys,
Just wanted to drop my nickles worth. I saw this post the other day while lurking and e-mailed Brian (Wednesday), he responded with a PP addy and by saturday morning I had it in hand. This harness is very nice looks as though Kawasaki made it. You could not ask for a better answer to the Kpass issue (especially after having a problem 600 miles from home.) and Brian's quick response and shipping was a breath of fresh air in today's society. $50 is a bargin IMO.
This forum is such a great resource.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2012, 02:53:34 PM »
Again, thanks for the kind words.

That was the goal in making the harness really- for anyone to just be able to forget about the whole issue. Not many activation switches have failed but every one that has was certainly an unexpected event for that particular C-14 owner. So the harness is really just a mechanical way to do something to not have to think about it ever again. I used to brush off the whole KiPass activation switch sticking issue but then again, I had a bypass on my own bike from very early on so I guess I could afford to be cavalier. The great majority of C-14s will never have any kind of failure with KiPass; adding the bypass just allows those with a little bit of concern to finally forget about it entirely and not have the thought rattling around in the back of our (collective) heads. And of course the bypass is not required to work- around the stuck switch issue, it just makes it easy and fast to do so, especially if you have to do it several times such as when on a trip or something similar.

To everyone who has commented on the quality of the harness and the components used, thank you. The goal in making these harnesses was never to make them as cheaply as possible but as well as they could be made. I have tried to make the harnesses so they were the last part on the bike to fail; I like to think that the harnesses will still be functional and sealed long after all the C-14s are no longer on the road.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2012, 03:31:21 PM »
...... long after all the C-14s are no longer on the road.

Brian

:yikes:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline scootertrash

« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »
I should buy one of these if they are still available. Can i get a better understanding of how it work's and what I get. Roger, 916-600-1601

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2012, 04:35:04 PM »
Well, if you read the entire thread you would have found it here http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=6976.msg82841#msg82841  There isn't much more than that.  It's even got pictures.  Even I could understand it.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2012, 04:43:14 PM »
Well, if you read the entire thread you would have found it here http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=6976.msg82841#msg82841  There isn't much more than that.  It's even got pictures.  Even I could understand it.

If it still makes sense you're not there yet.  :chugbeer:

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2012, 04:48:43 PM »
Yep, that link that Jim provided contains just about all the info. available. This forum along with the other forum will provide all the information you ever wanted about KiPass and a whole lot more....

If you are interested in a bypass harness drop me an e-mail and I will answer any questions you have....about the harness, answers about the stock market or politics take longer and are not free. My e-mail address is just under the icon of me and my wife riding in the snow on the top / left of  your monitor.

Thanks for the interest.

Brian

I should buy one of these if they are still available. Can i get a better understanding of how it work's and what I get. Roger, 916-600-1601

Offline Schmez

• Brat Keyless
« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2012, 08:51:10 PM »
KIPASS is pretty sweet - if you have friends that do not have this feature - here is a cool alternative for them - it uses their Cell phone as the key - like the FOB is for KIPASS - pass it along:
www.bratkey.com
- Jeff
"Keyless by Cell"
www.bratkey.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2012, 12:44:01 PM »
Got a few harnesses in stock if anyone is interested.

Brian

Offline NuckaMan

« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2013, 01:40:09 PM »
Mine came in the mail Saturday.

Thank you for the fast shipping and look forward installing it and having the peace of mind when far away from home.

P.S. Fantastic job in the install instructions.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2013, 05:25:08 PM »
Thanks for the kind words and glad to hear you are happy with the product and service.

And so far, the USPS has certainly done their part in delivering these things on time. They get a lot of bad press and opinions but their performance and reliability has been very good for me.... at least so far.

Brian

Mine came in the mail Saturday.

Thank you for the fast shipping and look forward installing it and having the peace of mind when far away from home.

P.S. Fantastic job in the install instructions.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2013, 05:57:35 PM »
Just curious. Will these work for people that may have lost their fobs?
Joel from Maine.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #136 on: February 06, 2013, 04:20:59 AM »

100% not. You can not start a C14 without a fob period.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #137 on: February 06, 2013, 07:15:25 AM »
No, nothing reasonable or affordable will replace a lost fob besides another fob....  The bypass is only used to work around a stuck activation switch, at which point any number of fobs won't help.

Brian

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2013, 09:39:20 PM »
That is what I thought.
Joel from Maine.

Offline TJ

« Reply #139 on: April 07, 2013, 11:01:27 AM »
Once I get to my new address in Colorado I will be ordering one of these. Good thread, glad they made it a sticky.
2012 Black Kawasaki Concours