Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 455206 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #2040 on: August 02, 2020, 11:58:46 AM »
Yet again, I've been made crazy and annoyed..     BJ's

I have been in that store 3 times.  Not one item of interest to me.  I will stick with Costco :)  For 6 years or something they have sent me an endless stream of "free trial membership" fliers.

it's her only charge card not store related.

Oh, not a good idea.  Everyone should carry two credit cards (and no debit cards, convert any to just ATM), from two different companies/networks.  Even if you only use one, you have a different one as a backup.  I use my Amazon Visa for everything but also have a Discover.  Plus, always carry cash- at least $20 (I usually carry around $100).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2041 on: August 02, 2020, 12:01:27 PM »
Celebrities, politicians, and criminals (not necessarily in that order) who apologize after they've been 'caught'....  I hate that, I mean, why bother?  You don't really mean it.  You're only saying that because you've been caught.

They also apologize when they have done nothing wrong, but the "woke" are after them.  I wish they would just stick to acting/music/art/sports/whatever and leave their activism and politics to themselves.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #2042 on: August 02, 2020, 05:47:34 PM »
I dunno.... a $50 BJ charge seems reasonable in this day and age..  I mean, Hugh Grant got socked, and slick Bill Clinton got a cigar... and a blue dress.. was the charge "messy"...  ::) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :hitfan: :deadhorse: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sorry, just HAD to ask...  ;) ;)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2043 on: August 02, 2020, 06:09:41 PM »
I dunno.... a $50 BJ charge seems reasonable in this day and age..  I mean, Hugh Grant got socked, and slick Bill Clinton got a cigar... and a blue dress.. was the charge "messy"...  ::) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :hitfan: :deadhorse: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sorry, just HAD to ask...  ;) ;)

...don't forget Richard Gere got hamstered... :o

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2044 on: August 03, 2020, 07:27:23 AM »
And whilst I'm on a rant mode....

Celebrities, politicians, and criminals (not necessarily in that order) who apologize after they've been 'caught'....  I hate that, I mean, why bother?  You don't really mean it.  You're only saying that because you've been caught.

They also apologize when they have done nothing wrong, but the "woke" are after them.  I wish they would just stick to acting/music/art/sports/whatever and leave their activism and politics to themselves.

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2045 on: August 03, 2020, 07:42:51 AM »
I have been in that store 3 times.  Not one item of interest to me.  I will stick with Costco :)  For 6 years or something they have sent me an endless stream of "free trial membership" fliers.

Oh, not a good idea.  Everyone should carry two credit cards (and no debit cards, convert any to just ATM), from two different companies/networks.  Even if you only use one, you have a different one as a backup.  I use my Amazon Visa for everything but also have a Discover.  Plus, always carry cash- at least $20 (I usually carry around $100).

Ok, I give up. What's wrong with a debit card, if used properly that is?

No need for you to go into the dangers of using a debit card, nor is there any reason to tell me where it's safe and where it's not safe to use one. I've been using one, without issue, since they first came out. Years and years. I only use my card where I can swipe it or insert it myself, and only indoors.

I have an interest earning checking account that's tied to my debit card. I have to jump through a couple of hoops to earn that interest but it's now like it's a bother. I have to use my debit card at least 10 times during a month and I have to have a direct deposit to my account. Both easy and it's earns me between $30 and $40 per month by doing almost nothing. I should say that my card was earning that much before our economy tanked. Now it's about half that amount. Better than nothing though.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #2046 on: August 03, 2020, 08:04:09 AM »
Maybe touching the keypad to enter the PIN?
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2047 on: August 03, 2020, 08:13:49 AM »
Maybe touching the keypad to enter the PIN?

Since the virus has taken hold of our country, I don't touch anything that the public may have touched. I either use gloves or a grab a napkin (or some such) to press the buttons with. That includes fueling up any of my vehicles.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2048 on: August 03, 2020, 11:52:42 AM »
Many many years ago...I had a debit card...  A debit card is directly tied to your bank.  It got hacked and thank goodness the bank intercepted a suspicious transaction and stopped the card.  I decided to look into the account transactions and found one they hadn't caught to the tune of $750.  Ironically enough the hacking came from the UK.  Took a bit to convince the bank I didn't order that item and to reverse the charges.  If I would have had a lower balance account it could have wiped it out.  In doing so, other transactions would come up with insufficient funds and on and on.  I will never never never never ever ever ever have a debit card again for retail transactions.  Well, I say that but the debit card I have now I only use at ATMs.  If your credit card gets hacked it's much easier to fix.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2049 on: August 03, 2020, 03:37:18 PM »
Ok, I give up. What's wrong with a debit card

It is linked to your money and without a PIN "AKA, "Visa mode".  But a credit card is NOT your money, any screwup doesn't immediately drain your account and cause a nightmare.  Unless you have zero credit, there should be no reason not to have a credit card and use that for transactions, instead.  Plus, debit cards typically earn nothing on transactions, credit cards have all kinds of rewards-schemes.  Plus, you keep your money longer.

If the bank sends you a "debit card", which they do, unfortunately, by default, you can cut it up and ask for an ATM card, instead.  Debit cards ONLY benefit the bank and people with no/bad credit.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2050 on: August 04, 2020, 05:29:47 AM »
What makes me crazy and annoyed..

Tropical storms and hurricanes.
Wow it is really windy here.  Lost power 6 times in the past 1.5 hours, I am surprised it is still generally up.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2051 on: August 04, 2020, 07:35:23 AM »
It is linked to your money and without a PIN "AKA, "Visa mode".  But a credit card is NOT your money, any screwup doesn't immediately drain your account and cause a nightmare.  Unless you have zero credit, there should be no reason not to have a credit card and use that for transactions, instead.  Plus, debit cards typically earn nothing on transactions, credit cards have all kinds of rewards-schemes.  Plus, you keep your money longer.

If the bank sends you a "debit card", which they do, unfortunately, by default, you can cut it up and ask for an ATM card, instead.  Debit cards ONLY benefit the bank and people with no/bad credit.

For heaven's sake! Guys, do you think that I just now fell off the turnip truck and that I don't know anything about banking and the way debit/credit cards work? Please, give me a little credit (no pun intended).   ;)

Believe it or not I know when and where it's safe to use a debit card and where it's not. I also have a credit cards, just like yours Max. I also know when and where to use that instead of the debit card. I know all about acquiring points/rewards on my CC. I only use my DC locally, indoors, and only when I can swipe/insert it myself. Once I have my ten uses in a month down I only use the CC for purchases. This way I can get the interest on my DC and points on my CC.

In all the years that I've been doing this I never had an issue with my DC. Not so with my CC. Two times in those years I had my CC compromised and I had to have the card cancelled, not the same card though.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2052 on: September 06, 2020, 03:39:35 PM »
I thought this thread was just for old cranky guys but I found something that I can contribute too! Not sure but maybe that makes me cranky too, and I am already old.....

So who's idea was it to cut all the paper towels in the entire world in half so I can never get ONE paper towel? I usually get 1/2, which is not enough to wipe up whatever slop / spill / face- grease problem I had in the first place but the rest of the time I get 1 1/2 which is more than I need to wipe up. We have been making paper towels forever but now we have to 'improve' them so that one gets just the size one needs- Dammit, I need a ONE PAPER TOWEL size paper towel, not 1/2 sheet and not 1 1/2 sheets! So far, hunting all around the paper towel dept. has yielded a few but sufficient number of packages that were not 'select- a- size' but as of today, I could only find the new- fangled ones.

I cannot wait until that genius gets to the toilet paper and cuts all the squares in half...... If I ever find out where he / she lives, I may stop by and make his / her mailbox 'select- a- size' by pouring concrete in the half he / she is not using!

So how'd I do- cranky enough?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2053 on: September 06, 2020, 04:49:44 PM »
Sounds like the ol' single ply toilet paper conundrum.   ???

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2054 on: September 06, 2020, 05:19:05 PM »
So who's idea was it to cut all the paper towels in the entire world in half so I can never get ONE paper towel?

It was the best thing ever.  They were never square, but more like a long rectangle, and most of the time it was a huge waste because I don't need that much.  And I would have to manually rip it in half and store the other half.  Now I can get a much better match to the size I need, more easily.  If I really need something larger, I just tear it at 2 units, or even 3.

So how'd I do- cranky enough?

Maybe.  But you will have to pick something that is actually a problem, first :)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2055 on: September 06, 2020, 07:45:53 PM »
Well I guess we know who the person is who liked the idea.  ;D  You must make small, confined messes. Me, I kinda' likes the whole square of paper towel but hey, it looks like things are going to go your way on this issue.

As to the size or import of the problem, as my son says 'Nice to have first- world problems'; we (OK, I) can complain about the size of the paper I use to clean up while some others worry about having enough to make a mess in the first place. So yeah, the size of the problem is relative to be sure.

Brian

It was the best thing ever.  They were never square, but more like a long rectangle, and most of the time it was a huge waste because I don't need that much.  And I would have to manually rip it in half and store the other half.  Now I can get a much better match to the size I need, more easily.  If I really need something larger, I just tear it at 2 units, or even 3.

Maybe.  But you will have to pick something that is actually a problem, first :)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2056 on: September 06, 2020, 09:20:58 PM »
Well I guess we know who the person is who liked the idea.  ;D  You must make small, confined messes.

I am just a penny-pincher.  It is actually pretty amazing how few paper towels I use.  I am amazed when I see people buying them in droves.  One "Costco" brick of paper towels will last me for maybe a year and a half.

Me, I kinda' likes the whole square of paper towel but hey, it looks like things are going to go your way on this issue.

Which is pretty rare.  It seems like whatever I want/like/need the market usually moves in some other direction.

As to the size or import of the problem, as my son says 'Nice to have first- world problems'

Oh yes, the perf size of paper towels is certainly a "first-world problem" if ever I heard of one :)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2057 on: September 07, 2020, 07:38:43 AM »
Which is why I went on a rant about it.... things are really pretty good here (in my world, the part of the planet that I actually participate with), well OK they are great and so I had to pick this thing out that annoyed me. But in all seriousness, we, meaning most of the first- world, actually have things fantastically well. Imagine, one of our 'big' problems is obesity! Just a few generations ago most of us were more worried about starving, and some in the world remain in that mode. So most of us are like the little kid throwing a tantrum over nothing, relatively speaking.

But I really do hate those damn over- perforated paper towels.  :rotflmao:

Brian

Oh yes, the perf size of paper towels is certainly a "first-world problem" if ever I heard of one :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2058 on: September 07, 2020, 10:32:51 AM »
Those are the only paper towels we buy, the ones cut in half.  Saves us money as 9 times out of 10 we don't need a whole towel.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #2059 on: October 04, 2020, 12:37:44 PM »
New neighbors.    They excel at being loud.    They have modified exhausts on their cars, truck and motorcycles.   :thumbdown
Crazy, no.  Annoying as hell, yes.