Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 455187 times)

Offline jettawreck

Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #700 on: January 09, 2015, 12:44:27 PM »
What makes me crazy and annoyed..  This thread.  I thought this forum was to share information about owning and riding motorcycles.

People that complain about threads. Nobody makes us read anything we don't choose to.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #701 on: January 09, 2015, 01:01:06 PM »
Ah yes, I can see that. By the way, what part of your post, quoted below, shares information about owning and / or riding motorcycles?

Sorry, couldn't resist....  :rotflmao:

Brian

What makes me crazy and annoyed..  This thread.  I thought this forum was to share information about owning and riding motorcycles.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #702 on: January 10, 2015, 04:50:26 AM »

Bad day at work?    ???
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #703 on: January 10, 2015, 01:45:51 PM »
When the Old Lady walks in to my shop already talking as if I was just waiting for her to arrive. Why bother to check if I' m on the phone, or doing something important/critical that could go really bad if I'm not on top of whatever is. If I walk in to a place of business or where someone is working, I wait until they acknowledge my presence before I say anything. Maybe I'm wrong but it just seems like the right thing to do.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #704 on: January 11, 2015, 02:54:42 AM »
When the Old Lady walks in to my shop already talking as if I was just waiting for her to arrive. Why bother to check if I' m on the phone, or doing something important/critical that could go really bad if I'm not on top of whatever is. If I walk in to a place of business or where someone is working, I wait until they acknowledge my presence before I say anything. Maybe I'm wrong but it just seems like the right thing to do.

Not applicable to women you are married to.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #705 on: January 11, 2015, 06:29:52 AM »
Not applicable to women you are married to.

Right, you are supposed to be 'in tune' with them. So even if they start talking about something that they are in the middle of thinking about in their head, a good husband would know what they are talking about.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #706 on: January 11, 2015, 07:03:45 AM »
Right, you are supposed to be 'in tune' with them. So even if they start talking about something that they are in the middle of thinking about in their head, a good husband would know what they are talking about.

So to sum it up.........Its just like ................. :banghead:  & :deadhorse: followed by  :battle: 

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #707 on: January 11, 2015, 07:13:28 AM »
So to sum it up.........Its just like ................. :banghead:  & :deadhorse: followed by  :battle: 

It is now perfectly clear. Thank you for being so succinct.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #708 on: January 11, 2015, 07:21:56 AM »

Ha.....'in tune', I'm gonna go ask the wife if I an use her adjustment knobs to get us more 'in tune'.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #709 on: January 11, 2015, 07:26:36 AM »
Let us know how that works for you.  :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #710 on: January 11, 2015, 07:34:53 AM »
Ha.....'in tune', I'm gonna go ask the wife if I an use her adjustment knobs to get us more 'in tune'.

Be sure to ask nicely!     ;)

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #711 on: January 11, 2015, 07:36:01 AM »
Let us know how that works for you.  :)

I got a less than amused look and my hand smacked, she said 'shut up stupid' but followed it with 'save that **** for later'. So....better than expected.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #712 on: January 11, 2015, 08:02:26 AM »
I would call that a success.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #713 on: January 11, 2015, 08:44:45 AM »
I got a less than amused look and my hand smacked, she said 'shut up stupid' but followed it with 'save that **** for later'. So....better than expected.

I would call that a success.

Yep, at least it's not a no!    :)

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #714 on: January 11, 2015, 01:31:24 PM »

T'was definitely a yes!    ;D

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #715 on: January 11, 2015, 02:25:24 PM »
T'was definitely a yes!    ;D

Only in Italy  :chugbeer:

No = an interesting point to start a negotiation  :rotflmao:

Offline XPLRN

« Reply #716 on: January 12, 2015, 04:31:59 AM »
If I walk in to a place of business or where someone is working, I wait until they acknowledge my presence before I say anything. Maybe I'm wrong but it just seems like the right thing to do.
I've never felt comfortable walking into someone's shop and not addressing the person(s) in there. Some folks are quite focused and it seems a bit rude to be watching someone with them not knowing your there...........IMHO. Plus, some folks in my neck of the woods have a firearm handy and don't like to be surprised.  :o

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #717 on: January 12, 2015, 04:46:40 AM »
You could always throw in a concussion grenade to announce your presence..

BTW, welcome to the forum.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #718 on: January 12, 2015, 04:53:51 AM »

Offline Conrad

« Reply #719 on: January 12, 2015, 04:56:14 AM »
You could always throw in a concussion grenade to announce your presence..

BTW, welcome to the forum.

That reminds me of WAY back, when I got out of the Army. 6 artillery simulators somehow followed me home. Those were fun.   ;)