Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 455200 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #660 on: December 19, 2014, 01:59:57 PM »
My brother claims that "Thinking of it is 90% of doing it". I like to believe there is a bigger buffer between the two 'cause if it really works as he thinks it does, we are all on the bring of disaster. Incredibly humorous disaster perhaps but disaster nonetheless.

Brian

Wasn't it Edison who basically said the exact opposite? "Invention is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration..." or something to that effect.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #661 on: January 05, 2015, 04:02:47 PM »
The USPS...  Went to the mail box to check for mail.  Carrier had stuffed a box taller than the  :censored: mailbox.  Had to get a prybar to get it out.   :censored: USPS!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #662 on: January 05, 2015, 04:32:19 PM »
Yeah, '1% inspiration, 99% perspiration' I believe was the statement. But then again, Edison was an idiot as well as a lousy human being. Edison refused to 'learn' anything at all and instead insisted on trying things at random. The real problem was that every time he had someone intelligent, educated and able working for him, he drove them off either with is idiocy or bad behavior and occasionally a combination of the two. Thomas Edison is the reason George Westinghouse became dominant in the electrical business.... Tesla invented both long distance transmission of electricity as well as the induction motor (which even today universally makes <almost> all motion from electricity used for that purpose) but Edison refused to use either one instead advocating, and trying to sell, D.C. as the main type of power generated and used. At one time, 'The General Electric Co.' was 'The Edison General Electric Co.' until Edison's idiocy and abrasive personality got enough people on the board banded together and threw him out.

Edison said that he did 50,000 experiments before selecting the Edison cell as his battery of choice. Tesla said about Edison's 50,000 experiments something to the effect 'a little theory would have gone a long way' meaning that the great majority of those "experiments" (guesses really) could have been eliminated by a basic understanding of chemistry and electrical behavior.

Brian

Wasn't it Edison who basically said the exact opposite? "Invention is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration..." or something to that effect.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #663 on: January 05, 2015, 04:35:11 PM »
Yeah, and if he / she reads this, the next package will be properly reduced in size.... with a hammer...... so that it fits comfortably in the mailbox.  ;D

I like USPS- sure they do some stupid things now and then but the sheer amount of mail they move successfully and on time is remarkable, at least to me. And the price is a bargain too. Except for overseas shipping, at which point the price becomes totally ridiculous.

Brian

The USPS...  Went to the mail box to check for mail.  Carrier had stuffed a box taller than the  :censored: mailbox.  Had to get a prybar to get it out.   :censored: USPS!
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #664 on: January 05, 2015, 11:09:11 PM »
Didn't Tesla sing in Space Odyssey 2001?
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #665 on: January 06, 2015, 07:01:28 AM »
I do not know but these days, I think he is a car designer :-)

He provided to much to the world and yet died penniless and virtually homeless. Funny world.

Brian

Didn't Tesla sing in Space Odyssey 2001?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #666 on: January 06, 2015, 10:50:54 AM »
Plastic enclosed lunch meats.  You know the ones that have a tear off at the top and are resealable?  Have you ever torn off the top and couldn't get the  :censored: thing to open?  The plastic is still essentially sealed?  Just spent the last 10 minutes trying to open one.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #667 on: January 06, 2015, 11:00:30 AM »
Plastic enclosed lunch meats.  You know the ones that have a tear off at the top and are resealable?  Have you ever torn off the top and couldn't get the  :censored: thing to open?  The plastic is still essentially sealed?  Just spent the last 10 minutes trying to open one.

Must be the new diet lunch meat packages...    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #668 on: January 06, 2015, 11:44:41 AM »
Must be the new diet lunch meat packages...    ;)

hehe....You said "meat" and "packages" in the same sentence :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #669 on: January 06, 2015, 11:46:11 AM »
Sigh.....but I like your thinking!

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #670 on: January 06, 2015, 01:23:49 PM »
Hmmmm.... now I have a mental video playing over and over again in my head. I think I will title it "Jim vs. the plastic bag". It is NOT  a pretty sight.  :o

The subtitles read:
"Jim see meat."

"Jim want meat."

"Meat tease and play coy with Jim."

"Jim become crazy and annoyed...."

Brian

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #671 on: January 06, 2015, 02:11:32 PM »
Mental video correct..add in multiple swear words and you'll have it to a t..

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #672 on: January 06, 2015, 02:21:09 PM »
Should Samuel L. Jackson's character from Pulp Fiction do the narration?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #673 on: January 06, 2015, 02:30:09 PM »
The character's name was Jules. And nope, we don't need to quote him until later in the year when Jim has trouble with his grill but it turn out it was all worth the struggle because..... "Mmm-mmmm. That is a tasty burger."

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian

Should Samuel L. Jackson's character from Pulp Fiction do the narration?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #674 on: January 06, 2015, 02:33:29 PM »
Idiots. :)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #675 on: January 06, 2015, 02:45:04 PM »
Says the guy who earlier today had an argument with a plastic bag and nearly lost....

:rotflmao:

I love this forum!

Brian

Idiots. :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #676 on: January 06, 2015, 03:24:53 PM »
As do I, Brian, as do I.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #677 on: January 06, 2015, 03:38:13 PM »
It was Devine Intervention!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #678 on: January 06, 2015, 05:39:42 PM »

Jim, perhaps you should have used your Kipass fob to open the package.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #679 on: January 07, 2015, 04:51:10 AM »
Hey Jim! What's that in your right hand? Put an edge on that sucker with one of Brian's strops and show that plastic package who's boss.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn