Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 455191 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #680 on: January 07, 2015, 05:39:07 AM »
Nah, I just use my wife's car windows..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #681 on: January 08, 2015, 04:38:44 PM »
People who don't take their shopping cart to the shopping cart holding pens in the parking lots.
People who swing out or fade into the either the opposing traffic or the lane over to turn their car, not truck.
People who drive with their bright lights on during the day.
People who drive with just their fog or driving lights on at night.
People who text and do anything else while texting.
People who litter, they obviously never saw the commercial with the crying Indian.
Rap, I won't call it music because its not.
Idiots who don't clear their windshield, back window, or tail lights of snow and ice.
People who go LEFT and continue instead of going right and stopping for lights and sirens.
And finally, people. There that enough to jump start some of you? ;D
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #682 on: January 08, 2015, 05:07:38 PM »
To open the plastic packages of meat? Doesn't that leave a greasy mess on the window? Oh wait, you said your wife's car.... I get it now... pretty clever! Doesn't she mind the mess and smell though?

Brian

Nah, I just use my wife's car windows..
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #683 on: January 08, 2015, 05:08:16 PM »
You forgot your S-I-L and ebola.

Brian

People who don't take their shopping cart to the shopping cart holding pens in the parking lots.
People who swing out or fade into the either the opposing traffic or the lane over to turn their car, not truck.
People who litter, they obviously never saw the commercial with the crying Indian.
Idiots who don't clear their windshield, back window, or tail lights of snow and ice.
People who go LEFT and continue instead of going right and stopping for lights and sirens.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #684 on: January 08, 2015, 05:19:07 PM »
Sister in law has been shrouded, she no longer exists in my world, she no longer matters or can do anything to affect me.
Ebola doesn't annoy me, its the people who contract it and those who make policy to treat it who do.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #685 on: January 08, 2015, 05:30:56 PM »
You know I was kidding, right? Just so we don't get off the track here....  If I wanted to be serious, I would have revived (so to speak) the Ebola thread in the first place.

[not to self- use more smileys]

;D

Brian

Sister in law has been shrouded, she no longer exists in my world, she no longer matters or can do anything to affect me.
Ebola doesn't annoy me, its the people who contract it and those who make policy to treat it who do.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #686 on: January 08, 2015, 05:35:21 PM »
I knew you were kidding. No need for smileys. I work at the fire dept. remember?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #687 on: January 09, 2015, 04:57:33 AM »

Wow, this sounds exactly the way I feel...

On a related note.

In order to use a shopping cart (or 'buggy' for you southerners) at Aldi grocery stores folks must deposit a quarter to unlock the cart and in order to get your quarter back you have to return the cart to the cart corral. Fantastic idea and you NEVER see a stray cart in the parking lot. Why don't all stores adopt this idea?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #688 on: January 09, 2015, 06:20:07 AM »
People who come ro my shop to get something done that they obviously can't do themselves. When I tell them what it's gonna take to do the job, they say "Can't you just.......  or "All you gotta do is......"
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #689 on: January 09, 2015, 07:31:45 AM »
People who come ro my shop to get something done that they obviously can't do themselves. When I tell them what it's gonna take to do the job, they say "Can't you just.......  or "All you gotta do is......"

I identify with this one.  I just sit and smile at them until they get it, or don't. 

WMMCAA is when people quote someone, but put the quote at the bottom of their post.  You read their words and wonder what the hell, then get to the bottom and see the reference.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #690 on: January 09, 2015, 08:03:34 AM »
Wha chu talken bout, Willis?

I identify with this one.  I just sit and smile at them until they get it, or don't. 

WMMCAA is when people quote someone, but put the quote at the bottom of their post.  You read their words and wonder what the hell, then get to the bottom and see the reference.

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #691 on: January 09, 2015, 09:31:02 AM »
Huh?  Oh yeah,  ;D

Offline billhook

• Arena
« Reply #692 on: January 09, 2015, 11:19:05 AM »

You need to make that the entire car.  They can clear the windows and lights, but not the hood and roof, and as soon as they start moving the snow on the hood and roof blow right over the cleared windows and lights.

Do you mean the morons who drive at dusk/dawn and other low light times with only their parking lights on?  Can someone explain to me why people do this? So, they can be seen better?  If you're so concerned about being seen, wouldn't just going ahead and putting your headlights on, make you more visible?  And, as defined by their name, they are parking lights, not driving lights.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #693 on: January 09, 2015, 11:46:27 AM »
Well, let's define 'clear'. When I am in a hurry, I still poke holes more than large enough to see anything of interest when driving.

This one time, at band camp, I was out in the morning after a fairly large snowfall, maybe 6" to 8". I cleared off all the lights (always do, not a fan of hiding the lights on any vehicle), and enough of the front and rear windows to drive safely.... IMO. My wife, who was sitting beside me in the car and had nothing to look at except a wall of white in front of her, as well as the LEO, did not agree. They thought I did an insufficient job of clearing the snow. The LEO noticed me while he was tending to an accident and I was passing him (safely I might add): he gently signaled me to stop (read: Yelled to pull over!). Then he gently suggested I clear off somewhat more area of the car's glass (read: threatened to cite me if I did not clean both the front and rear windows of snow). What can I say- he was right. Then again, submarines plow around in the ocean using nothing but the commander's one eye and a lens on a stick, and my windshield clearing job was WAY better than that!

;D

Brian

<snip>

<snip>

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #694 on: January 09, 2015, 11:48:08 AM »
Yeah but once the car reaches highway speeds, the it magically cleans itself. Especially the big sheets of snow on the hood, roof and trunk. I think of it as a teaching aid for tailgaters....  ;)

Brian

You need to make that the entire car.  They can clear the windows and lights, but not the hood and roof, and as soon as they start moving the snow on the hood and roof blow right over the cleared windows and lights.

<snip>

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #695 on: January 09, 2015, 12:03:22 PM »
Just because its Friday... and it's not me.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline BackInTheSaddle

« Reply #696 on: January 09, 2015, 12:03:42 PM »
What makes me crazy and annoyed..  This thread.  I thought this forum was to share information about owning and riding motorcycles.
Don, Apple Valley, MN
2008 C-14 ABS, AeroFlow Tall, Murph's risers with wedges, Buell pegs, Zumo 590, lowered pegs, Russell Day-Long
Previous bikes 2001 Kawi C10 (RIP), and 1981 Honda CB650
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab353/DonaldHollinger/MOTO/Map_zpse09bb1e5

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #697 on: January 09, 2015, 12:04:06 PM »
Maybe parking lights would help?
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #698 on: January 09, 2015, 12:28:24 PM »
What makes me crazy and annoyed..  This thread.  I thought this forum was to share information about owning and riding motorcycles.

Fair point, yet it's far more than that.. :)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #699 on: January 09, 2015, 12:32:28 PM »

We do that, but we also have fun in other ways.