Author Topic: Linked Brakes Fixed  (Read 72786 times)

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
Re: Linked Brakes Fixed
« Reply #200 on: February 28, 2020, 04:08:50 AM »
Gixerhp please provide information on the parts that you use (T-Fitting, Straight Fitting ..... etc).

The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline Freddy

« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2020, 04:52:54 AM »
10x1mm inverted flare T piece & joiners, with 10x1mm tube nuts I'd say, but Gixer will confirm, plus bundy (steel) tube to suit as copper tube must not be used for obvious reasons, as regulated by DOT.  Steel tube is often copper annealed to prevent rust.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 09:07:29 PM by Freddy »
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline Gixerhp

• The Lighting Guy,,,
« Reply #202 on: February 28, 2020, 11:40:17 AM »
Gixerhp please provide information on the parts that you use (T-Fitting, Straight Fitting ..... etc).
I sourced the parts from many places,,, I can make up a few more.
As well as i can dig through the shop slips and find all of them
No Replacement for Displacement
Bikes are my passion and my hobbie,,
If you need help, and are close,, PM me

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #203 on: March 03, 2020, 03:56:51 AM »
I sourced the parts from many places,,, I can make up a few more.
As well as i can dig through the shop slips and find all of them

I'd be interested in acquiring the components from you if you do make up another set(s) or I could fab it up myself with a detailed parts list.
Just let me know.

The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #204 on: March 04, 2020, 09:14:10 PM »
I ride a 1989 C10 AND a 2008 C14 (bought new in Aug 2007 and has 74k miles on her).
On both bikes (and on many more before them) I sometimes use the rear brake to stabilise/settle the rear on corner entry and to tighten the turn mid-corner. In both those circumstances I do NOT want ANY application of the front brake as that leads to low-sides. I have never had the rear break loose while doing this. The rear contact patch is way bigger than the front and can take the increase in lateral load.
I've ridden several linked brake bikes and they all feel like someone else is controlling the brakes.
If you like it, good for you. Me, I hate linked brakes on my motorcycles.

This has NOTHING to do with ABS which is a different thing entirely.
ABS is a great safety feature that I would love to fit to my C10, but am unlikely to do given the amount of work needed.
I only use the rear brake when doing the twisties, as I have the superior 2009 ABS which is non-linked. The rear ABS brake alone hunkers the bike down a little and makes turn in easier and faster- you can cram full down if necessary and it scrubs the speed just enough and will never high side your ass, plus it exercises the ABS system.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #205 on: March 04, 2020, 09:38:12 PM »
 :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :goodpost:

but, I do clamp down my front// just a racing habit.. but never in danger mode. I prefer to slide the rear, over a front tire washout// ymmv.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..