Author Topic: Battle of Northern Aggression and tattoos.....  (Read 2862 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Battle of Northern Aggression and tattoos.....
« on: May 20, 2012, 07:06:04 AM »
I received short notice through my network that a band of brigands from Ohio were going to invade VA near Front Royal yesterday.  They were three to my one and it wasn't enough time to bring reinforcements.  Someone had to stop them.  So I met them on the battlefield yesterday morning (Cracker Barrel of Front Royal).  At first I thought they had retired back to Ohio as I couldn't find their steeds in the parking lot, but yes they were there parked on the side of the building out of quick sight.  Very stealthy, I thought of them.  Totally on time, though.  My respect for them increased a thousand fold.  Upon gaining entrance I found them hidden in the central victual area engaging in strategy to attack both the Skyline drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway.  I made myself welcome (as I always do).  Their names are Brian, Steve, and Craig.  We jousted a bit and then partook of breakfast.  As I was totally outnumbered I decided to plead with them to only stay a day in the state and to head back to Ohio post haste.  They agreed.  Little did they know that I would be invading Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois sometime in July of this year.  I imagine their knees would be shaking at the thought but I couldn't let on about that......course some of that may have slipped during the eating as I'm terrible at keeping secrets when I eat.

The last laugh would be with me, though, as their Yankee dollars would be spent in the Commonwealth this day and all three would be charged additional monies to ride the Skyline Drive.....at 35mph...on a Saturday....with all the other tourists... :yikes: while I on the other hand would be riding the twisties at speed through Fort Valley into Luray and then on to Sperryville, Culpeper, and Fredericksburg.

I had a short layover at Fortsmouth VFD (my old fire and rescue chums) to renew old times.  They've changed a bit as it's been nearly 25 years since I served there but it was as I was there yesterday.  They have a new symbol on their vehicles which I have included below.  I liked it so much, I'm going to get it tattooed on my back in the near future.

The picture of the brigands could have been a bit better but my camera couldn't handle the glare from Craig's head.... :rotflmao: .    Very colorful individuals and I may yet ride with them one day or at least I hope to.  By the way, Pokey is exactly like he sounds here.  His charming personality remains the same.

[smg id=251]  [smg id=252]
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Battle of Northern Aggression and tattoos.....
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 09:31:23 AM »
Sounds like good times!  :chugbeer:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 04:00:26 PM »
Yep, for Yankees they weren't that bad at all...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 09:13:13 PM »
Actually I am really not a Yank, I am of serious Kentucky roots. Matter of fact Southern OHIO is more like the South than you would Imagine, and I did go to college in KY too. ;) The Skyline really wasn't crowded at all, except for too many stupid ass cyclists! >:(  The 35 MPH limit blows, but we maintained a pretty consistent 40/45 most the time. Rangers were not out in full force, and the BRP to Roanoke was fun. Route 311 is off the hook crazy fun, and 219 in WV is fantastic too. Always great to see you, had some quick laughs and we parted ways. We shall see eachother again soon, and for much longer this time. Glad you are feeling better and back on 2 wheels, and yes Craig has a very shiny big head. :yikes:
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Conrad

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 08:38:06 AM »
Actually I am really not a Yank, I am of serious Kentucky roots. Matter of fact Southern OHIO is more like the South than you would Imagine, and I did go to college in KY too. ;) The Skyline really wasn't crowded at all, except for too many stupid ass cyclists! >:(  The 35 MPH limit blows, but we maintained a pretty consistent 40/45 most the time. Rangers were not out in full force, and the BRP to Roanoke was fun. Route 311 is off the hook crazy fun, and 219 in WV is fantastic too. Always great to see you, had some quick laughs and we parted ways. We shall see eachother again soon, and for much longer this time. Glad you are feeling better and back on 2 wheels, and yes Craig has a very shiny big head. :yikes:

That sounds something like Southern Illinois. They have accents down there.    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 08:41:21 AM »
Whachaall talken bout?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 08:50:39 AM »
See?

They prolly eat grits down there too.  :-X
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 08:59:11 AM »
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OBt2mYnTumQ?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 10:07:50 PM »
See?

They prolly eat grits down there too.  :-X

Mmmmmmm.....grits!!!! I had some for bfast that morning by the way.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey