Author Topic: C14 PIC THREAD - Show us your Connie!!  (Read 383779 times)

AlbertaDoug

Re: C14 PIC THREAD - Show us your Connie!!
« Reply #400 on: July 19, 2015, 08:40:13 PM »
Highway 93 to Jasper Ab

Offline gggGary

• Wisconsin heart of the great white north
« Reply #401 on: July 21, 2015, 07:44:40 PM »
Freight run tomorrow.  I could pay the post office to ship the wheels AND have to box them or collect the fee and deliver. What could go wrong?  Actually they are quite secure, there's a piece of 3/4 threaded rod through both and a pair of ratchet straps to hard points. will be about a 400 mile trip tomorrow.
08B 73.5K miles

Offline Canada44

« Reply #402 on: August 08, 2015, 11:24:28 AM »
My first ride on my 2010 when she was new, 60,000 KM on her now. What a great bike!
2010 ABS C14

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #403 on: August 10, 2015, 09:09:50 AM »
Our friends recently got the new BMW GTL and this weekend, took the Concours through Yosemite and down the Eastern side of the Sierra's to Lone Pine. The next morning, went up to the Mt. Whitney Portal (trailhead and campground) and then headed back north and over a different pass and home. Here are a few pictures.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline tchinkov

« Reply #404 on: August 17, 2015, 10:00:01 AM »
Here is my 2011 on Dalton Hwy in Alaska

Offline gggGary

• Wisconsin heart of the great white north
« Reply #405 on: August 17, 2015, 12:34:34 PM »
Our friends recently got the new BMW GTL

I don't think you can say that on here without making a few comparisons between the bikes!
08B 73.5K miles

Offline banditrider

• Two wheels are all you need!
    • Off for a ride
« Reply #406 on: August 17, 2015, 01:16:51 PM »

Awesome stuff!  Were you running Heiny K60's or TKC80's  ;)
'08 Concours 14: Rad guard, Stebel, Oxford Hot grips, Projekt D Screen, Hugger, GPS mount, helmet locks & fender extender, Zumo 550, Stebel, Phil's rack & Givi V46, Sheepskin seat cover, Phillips Extreme vision +100 bulbs.

Offline tchinkov

« Reply #407 on: August 17, 2015, 02:04:28 PM »
Awesome stuff!  Were you running Heiny K60's or TKC80's  ;)
Continental Trail Attack 2

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #408 on: August 17, 2015, 02:57:04 PM »

Nice pics!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline banditrider

• Two wheels are all you need!
    • Off for a ride
« Reply #409 on: August 18, 2015, 12:07:16 AM »
Continental Trail Attack 2

Not a bad choice.  I have one on the front of my V-Strom.  Not as bad as I thought it might be in the gravel and very good on the road - no chicken strips...
'08 Concours 14: Rad guard, Stebel, Oxford Hot grips, Projekt D Screen, Hugger, GPS mount, helmet locks & fender extender, Zumo 550, Stebel, Phil's rack & Givi V46, Sheepskin seat cover, Phillips Extreme vision +100 bulbs.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #410 on: August 19, 2015, 07:25:02 PM »

Glad to here your back safe. 1 less thing for your bucket list.
Cheers.

After seeing your Connie I'll be picking up a trailie if I ever venture up there 8)

Offline tchinkov

« Reply #411 on: August 20, 2015, 09:17:47 AM »

Glad to here your back safe. 1 less thing for your bucket list.
Cheers.

After seeing your Connie I'll be picking up a trailie if I ever venture up there 8)
The C14 is not suitable for Dalton Hwy when raining. The mud stacked between the front fender and tire blocked the front wheel and it was sliding in the deep mud and confused the traction control and the ABS.   :yikes:

Offline neutronrider

« Reply #412 on: August 24, 2015, 07:28:44 PM »
Welcome to the forum neutron. Nice backyard. Gold anodized wheels?
the rear is powder-coated to match the Carozzeria ZX-10 wheel in front.....was after a lighter front wheel

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #413 on: August 24, 2015, 09:24:09 PM »
The C14 is not suitable for Dalton Hwy when raining. The mud stacked between the front fender and tire blocked the front wheel and it was sliding in the deep mud and confused the traction control and the ABS.   :yikes:
I don't suppose that road has a dry season?

Ouch!!

Been a couple of months since you fell, any updates for us?

(Sorry if the answer is already out there somewhere, I missed it/can't find it. I don't do facebook very well as I can never get where I want to go.  :-[ )

Where is your bike? Home/Fairbanks/Anchorage?

Offline tchinkov

« Reply #414 on: August 25, 2015, 10:27:47 AM »
I don't suppose that road has a dry season?

Ouch!!

Been a couple of months since you fell, any updates for us?

(Sorry if the answer is already out there somewhere, I missed it/can't find it. I don't do facebook very well as I can never get where I want to go.  :-[ )   

Where is your bike? Home/Fairbanks/Anchorage?
The road (Dalton Hwy) was actually dry on my way north so I made it to Deadhorse / Prudhoe bay. I also made the most of it back south, but slid and fell in deep mud (and I mean DEEP) just 2 km north of Yukon River Bridge (about 250 km north of Fairbanks). South of that bridge the road is better. Still not paved but better.

Few other bikers also fell at the same spot. Most of them on adventure bikes much more appropriate for dirt and off road than the C14.  One of them who was going north on a V-Storm fell twice and just turned around and returned back to Fairbanks.

It seems the MC Enterprises Canyon Cages crash bars that I installed on the bike did not protected it good enough. The left cowls the mirror and most importantly the left frame cover that holds the foot peg and the shifter (see picture) broke. The left hard case protector bent the sub frame. The case remained intact but due the distorted geometry of the 3 attaching points it was not lockable back in its place. The bike was unridable. I transported it to Fairbanks and then to Anchorage to a Kawasaki dealer for an estimate. The estimate was high enough so the Insurer declared it total loss. I suppose they will auction it in Anchorage. The insurer reimbursed me for my plane ticket back to Calgary, and for the BMW R1200GS that I rented after I came back home. They paid decent amount for the Connie and for my damaged jacket, pants and Shoei Neotec, all purchased just few monts before the trip. Thanks god I upgraded my policy to the highest possible before I left for the trip. Now I'm considering my next bike. I narrowed down the list to two bikes: C14 again :) (love this bike, it would be my third C14) OR Yamaha Super Ténéré. I am waiting for the 2016 models to be released although I do not expect serious upgrades on these models.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 08:05:01 AM by tchinkov »

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #415 on: August 25, 2015, 03:46:17 PM »
The road (Dalton Hwy) was actually dry on my way north so I made it to Deadhorse / Prudhoe bay. I also made the most of it back south, but slid and fell in deep mud (and I mean DEEP) just 2 km north of Yukon River Bridge (about 250 km north of Fairbanks). South of that bridge the road is better. Still not paved but better.

Few other bikers also fell at the same spot. Most of them on adventure bikes much more appropriate for dirt and off road than the C14.  One of them who was going north on a V-Storm fell twice and just turned around and returned back to Fairbanks.

It seems the MC Enterprises Canyon Cages crash bars that I installed on the bike did not protected it good enough. The left cows the mirror and most importantly the left frame cover that holds the foot peg and the shifter (see picture) broke. The left hard case protector bent the sub frame. The case remained intact but due the distorted geometry of the 3 attaching points it was not lockable back in its place. The bike was unridable. I transported it to Fairbanks and then to Anchorage to a Kawasaki dealer for an estimate. The estimate was high enough so the Insurer declared it total loss. I suppose they will auction it in Anchorage. The insurer reimbursed me for my plane ticket back to Calgary, and for the BMW R1200GS that I rented after I came back home. They paid decent amount for the Connie and for my damaged jacket, pants and Shoei Neotec, all purchased just few monts before the trip. Thanks god I upgraded my policy to the highest possible before I left for the trip. Now I'm considering my next bike. I narrowed down the list to two bikes: C14 again :) (love this bike, it would be my third C14) OR Yamaha Super Ténéré. I am waiting for the 2016 models to be released although I do not expect serious upgrades on these models.

Sorry to hear about your loss but at least your insurance is taking good care of you. Your in one piece and already talking about a new bike   8)
I'm confident you'll get the right bike for you(2016 C14  ;) ;)  )
Cheers
Doug
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 08:55:22 PM by Rubberdown »

Offline tchinkov

« Reply #416 on: August 25, 2015, 03:54:44 PM »
Sorry to hear about your lose but at least your insurance is taking good care of you. Your in one piece and already talking about a new bike   8)
I'm confident you'll get the right bike for you(2016 C14  ;) ;)  )
Cheers
Doug
In new colour and BNG !!!  :)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #417 on: August 26, 2015, 04:49:53 PM »
It seems the MC Enterprises Canyon Cages crash bars that I installed on the bike did not protected it good enough. The left cowls the mirror and most importantly the left frame cover that holds the foot peg and the shifter (see picture) broke.

The problem is if the road surface is not flat, it will allow things to contact (think rocks, curbs, etc).  Or if the road is not paved, the bars can sink in, also causing impact.

The left hard case protector bent the sub frame.

Yep, nothing will completely protect, especially if the bike goes down hard.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tchinkov

« Reply #418 on: August 26, 2015, 04:54:36 PM »
The problem is if the road surface is not flat, it will allow things to contact (think rocks, curbs, etc).  Or if the road is not paved, the bars can sink in, also causing impact.
Agree. I also had front foot pegs lowering brackets installed They  make foot pegs touch the ground earlier.

Offline Fishhook

« Reply #419 on: August 28, 2015, 04:56:30 PM »
It's been awhile but I decided I had to have another Connie! Here is a pic! Got her home yesterday, rode it 20 miles this morning and she shut down on me. She threw a FI code and I had to have it picked up off the interstate. Been a long weekend and it isn't even here yet!

https://goo.gl/photos/n8ELBnUYPMruMQHo7