Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 671237 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #3280 on: November 19, 2018, 08:50:48 PM »
Check out this little gem..... : https://www.myshreddies.com/flatulence/mens/mens-flatulence-jeans  Think about that the next time the U.S.S. Growler leaves port.... (or U.S.S. Trumpet, or U.S.S. Sheet Ripper, etc. ad nauseum)

I wonder if they have optional 'silencer' liners? Oh wait, I forgot, silencers are on the N.F.A. list and not readily available to everyone..... (that is a firearm related amusement because 'silencers' for firearms are illegal in much of the US and heavily regulated in the parts of the US where they are legal).

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3281 on: November 20, 2018, 05:06:58 AM »
Firearms are noise suppressed, knives are silent.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3282 on: November 20, 2018, 05:35:13 AM »
Firearms are noise suppressed, knives are silent.

I was waiting for that :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3283 on: November 20, 2018, 08:38:20 PM »
SBD..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3284 on: November 21, 2018, 03:14:59 PM »
...fart?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3285 on: November 21, 2018, 08:19:41 PM »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3286 on: January 07, 2019, 04:51:05 AM »
I must be getting old.  Did a localized trip (about 300 miles) with the wife on the Roadmaster and man I was beat afterwards.  I'm wondering if it's the loud pipes that save lives ( :rotflmao: ) that's causing it.  Next time I'll try it with ear plugs and see if that helps  Used to be I could do 500 mile+ days without any issues.  A little sore perhaps, well maybe a lot sore but never felt beat.  The Indian is a pleasure to ride and I'm not sore afterwards.  Just got that feeling of weariness. 

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #3287 on: January 07, 2019, 09:42:04 AM »
I must be getting old.  Did a localized trip (about 300 miles) with the wife on the Roadmaster and man I was beat afterwards.  I'm wondering if it's the loud pipes that save lives ( :rotflmao: ) that's causing it.  Next time I'll try it with ear plugs and see if that helps  Used to be I could do 500 mile+ days without any issues.  A little sore perhaps, well maybe a lot sore but never felt beat.  The Indian is a pleasure to ride and I'm not sore afterwards.  Just got that feeling of weariness.
When our department switched to from BMW to HD, after a day’s work on that thing, my head would be pounding from the exhaust.  I don’t think it was the noise, since the stock pipes aren’t that loud, but, rather the slight concussive effect from those big cyclinders.  All of the constant accelerating from a stop to freeway speeds took its toll. 
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #3288 on: January 07, 2019, 10:09:11 AM »
There are only two of us who actually like the stock exhaust on a C-14 (and I cannot remember the other guy's name.....) and the reason is because it is QUIET. Even then, I wear earplugs under a full face helmet; constant, droning noise, even if it is not overly loud, is very tiring. Putting in a full day on a motorcycle with earplugs in makes a tremendous difference in how worn out I am at the end of the day, and riding much more than 6 to 8 hours continuously almost would not be possible..... at least for me without severe exhaustion.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3289 on: January 07, 2019, 10:13:32 AM »
Well, earplugs it is for the next outing and we'll see how that goes.  It's not an issue for those rides between bars, though....lol.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3290 on: January 07, 2019, 03:40:54 PM »
There are only two of us who actually like the stock exhaust on a C-14 (and I cannot remember the other guy's name.....) and the reason is because it is QUIET.

Who could that be?  :)

V twins aren't just typically loud, but very annoyingly vibrational, as well as "concussive" as Rubber_Snake pointed out.

Even then, I wear earplugs under a full face helmet; constant, droning noise, even if it is not overly loud, is very tiring.

Agreed.  I always wear earplugs.  Even though the C14 is quiet and pretty wind-streamed, there is still enough noise to be tiring, especially at speed, and it is mostly wind noise.... that type of noise WILL accumulate to cause hearing damage.  Doesn't have to be that loud for a constant noise to be damaging, unfortunately.

Of course, there ARE quieter helmets.  I even own one.  But I can't wear it due to pain/shape.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #3291 on: January 07, 2019, 04:10:20 PM »
Alright! Three of us that like the stock exhaust because it is quiet.    :) 8)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #3292 on: January 08, 2019, 10:35:51 AM »
Alright! Three of us that like the stock exhaust because it is quiet.    :) 8)

I can't believe you guys forgot me.  :'( :'(   I feel so ....so...insignificant..so... :'(....unvalidated...
.....so much like...Johnnie here:https://youtu.be/-fxGNKxS8J0

;D hmmm...I'm kinda weepy this morning..sniff..sniff....I must need to go for a nice very quiet (yet very fast) ride.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Despite it's size, I actually also think the stock muffler (especially the newer ones) looks better than most of the replacements as well.
So many of the replacements look like polished car mufflers welded on the end of a pipe. Most just look clunky, however the CS1 looks pretty good.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #3293 on: January 08, 2019, 10:51:36 AM »
Yeah, some of the aftermarket exhausts often have some really nice touches too, such as pop rivets, just like that really great jr. high school project you saw once.

:yikes: :rotflmao:

After my ride across the country in '11, I was (of course) off the bike for a few days. Then when I did get back on it, it sounded 'funny' and 'not right' when on the highway. But it did not sound 'wrong', just odd. I stumbled onto the cause by accident; I was so accustomed to hearing that engine drone on at one fixed speed, for so long, the bike sounded odd for a while at any other speed on the highway. It was like the needle was not in the groove on a turntable. :-) And that was with a 10" taller windshield, a FF helmet and wearing earplugs the entire time. Motorcycles generate a lot of noise, most of it white noise, even when we think they are very quiet.

As to the other part, it kind of sounds like Mary Jane Tinklepants is paying a visit to your house Marty.... :-)

Brian

I can't believe you guys forgot me.  :'( :'(   I feel so ....so...insignificant..so... :'(....unvalidated...
.....so much like...Johnnie here:https://youtu.be/-fxGNKxS8J0

;D hmmm...I'm kinda weepy this morning..sniff..sniff....I must need to go for a nice very quiet (yet very fast) ride.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Despite it's size, I actually also think the stock muffler (especially the newer ones) looks better than most of the replacements as well.
So many of the replacements look like polished car mufflers welded on the end of a pipe. Most just look clunky, however the CS1 looks pretty good.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3294 on: January 08, 2019, 03:26:16 PM »
I can't believe you guys forgot me.

OK, you can join the club

Indeed.  The only time the stock C14 muffler looks strange (to me, anyway) is with the bags off.  THEN it is kinda odd.  But I never take the bags off, so I don't care :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3295 on: January 13, 2019, 10:50:22 AM »
Received the annual 3% COLA (cost of living allowance) increase on my pension for doing what I do best, nothing.   :)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3296 on: January 14, 2019, 05:36:28 AM »
Excellent work!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3297 on: January 14, 2019, 06:30:05 AM »
Excellent work!

Thank you Jim! I'm hoping that I can do as fine a job this year as I did the last.    :chugbeer:

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #3298 on: January 23, 2019, 06:09:33 AM »
Thank you Jim! I'm hoping that I can do as fine a job this year as I did the last.    :chugbeer:

Don't put any effort into trying. There is no incentive pay increase.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3299 on: January 28, 2019, 07:01:55 AM »
less than zero/noting.   (fyi, we have around 2 feet of snow on the ground already)

Today
A chance of snow and freezing drizzle before 11am, then a chance of snow. Patchy blowing snow after 1pm. Cloudy, with a temperature rising to near 29 by 9am, then falling to around 18 during the remainder of the day. Blustery, with a south wind 15 to 20 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Tonight
A chance of snow before 8pm, then a chance of flurries between 8pm and 10pm. Patchy blowing snow before 8pm. Cloudy, with a low around -5. Wind chill values as low as -21. Blustery, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tuesday
Patchy blowing snow between noon and 5pm. Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 1. Wind chill values as low as -28. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Tuesday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around -26. Wind chill values as low as -50. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Wednesday
Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -16. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Wednesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around -30.   :o

Thursday
Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -4.

Thursday Night
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7.