Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853069 times)

AlbertaDoug

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2014, 08:22:52 PM »
shows them but won't sell them on the web site
Same price?   ???

Offline overthehill

« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2014, 09:22:04 AM »
This is Rocky Mountain National Park last Monday.  Cold, really windy, and snow blowing across the road just a little way up the hill.  Trail Ridge Road is closed again.  May have been the last trip up this year.
1987 Connie gone
2003 Goldwing (yikes, no lean angle) gone
1999 Connie gone
2008 Connie

sailor_chic

« Reply #162 on: October 19, 2014, 06:57:19 AM »
On Tuesday, I ordered a Cee Baileys euro sport windshield I  dark tint. Yesterday I received a email showing a delivery date for the 23rd.  Much faster than I anticipated.  Looking forward to trying a shorter windshield

Offline Jim H

« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2014, 07:38:55 AM »
 Let me know what you think of the smaller shield.  I had the large shields and really like the Cee Bailey Ultra Domed Tour version.  I just got the medium shields sent to me and put on the med CB.  I went out yesterday for about 10 miles.....really rough out with the wind gusts....pushed me around and actually had a tree down on my 1st part of my ride....so,  not much to report. 
   On a note to keep on topic,  does putting non ethanol gas in count?  LOL  I do have oil and filter to do a change,  will do that next week. 

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2014, 07:48:05 AM »
I took it apart. Should be going back together today.
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2014, 12:12:21 PM »
Rebuilt a spare fuel pump with a new filter.  Many thanks to Asif for his contribution on changing the filter.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tomp

« Reply #166 on: October 25, 2014, 08:00:26 PM »
Warning, Warning. . .  Don't be dumb, like I was yesterday.  It was the last day of my extended warranty.  I was sick  in bed, and didn't realize what day it was.  Forgot to send the reminder calender email, and missed renewing my three year warranty!!!  Been planning to for a month, but the new job is paying me almost nothing, so I was trying to cut the time frame slim. I cut too slim and missed it.   Please pray for me that nothing goes wrong on my 14.   Also, renew early, like I didn't, so you will have no worries. 

Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #167 on: October 25, 2014, 08:05:52 PM »
Finished replacing the fork fluid and went on a ride.  Feels much better.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tomp

« Reply #168 on: October 25, 2014, 08:10:13 PM »
Finished replacing the fork fluid and went on a ride.  Feels much better.
Never looked. Is there a drain screw at the bottom of ea fork?  What vis oil did you use?  Mine still fees good, but a simple change after six years may be in order, for mine, too... 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #169 on: October 25, 2014, 08:12:55 PM »
Nope.  We don't need no stinkin drain plug.  Real men remove them and change the fluid that way.   Honda 5W SS7 Suspension fluid.  Original fluid since 2007.  The front was getting real harsh and I couldn't damp it out.

Offline tomp

« Reply #170 on: October 25, 2014, 08:20:37 PM »
Nope.  We don't need no stinkin drain plug.  Real men remove them and change the fluid that way. 

Hey, I'm old, and we used to have screw plugs and would allow  fluid changes really fast, especially on our dirt bikes, back in the late 60's/early 70's.    Now we need to remove the tire and pull each leg, and pour the old oil out?   Sometimes, progress isn't actually progress...  Thanks for the info, sir.  tomp

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #171 on: October 26, 2014, 05:18:14 AM »
Welcome to the world of upside down forks.  :)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #172 on: October 26, 2014, 07:26:18 AM »
Warning, Warning. . .  Don't be dumb, like I was yesterday.  It was the last day of my extended warranty.

:(  Sorry to hear this.  Sounds a lot like something that would happen to me.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

sailor_chic

« Reply #173 on: October 26, 2014, 08:41:11 AM »
My new Cee Baileys windshield arrived on Friday. The sad part is I'm still stuck on this darn boat and a thousand miles away from my bike :(

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #174 on: October 26, 2014, 08:44:21 AM »
You'll get home eventually.. :)

Offline Jim H

« Reply #175 on: October 26, 2014, 10:56:59 AM »
You'll get home eventually.. :)

Which one did you end up with? 

Jim

Offline Jim H

« Reply #176 on: October 26, 2014, 10:57:58 AM »
My new Cee Baileys windshield arrived on Friday. The sad part is I'm still stuck on this darn boat and a thousand miles away from my bike :(

ooopssss   hit the wrong button.....which one did you end up with?

sailor_chic

« Reply #177 on: October 26, 2014, 03:18:49 PM »
Jim you are correct. Anchors aweigh and we're heading into port. Looks like I'll fly out tomorrow... Woo-hoo!

As far as my new windshield, I ordered the euro sport in dark tint.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #178 on: October 27, 2014, 04:30:06 AM »
Put about 300 miles on her yesterday. Rode up highway 2 in Illinois following the Rock River. Then over to Iowa and followed the mighty Mississippi River down highway 52 and 67.    :thumbs:

LOTS of bikes out yesterday!    :)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #179 on: October 27, 2014, 05:29:53 AM »
Drove to Canmore and back, little bit of snow flying out there. Only seen two other bikes on the road yesterday.
Watched the clock turn 15000km  ;D (9324 mi), not sure how many more rides  :( I'll get in this season.
Noticed a bit of wallowing at 4700 rpm in OD in some of the sweepers. 4mm tread wear left on the PR4s after 7300km (4536mi).