Author Topic: Concours 14 ABS/Linked brakes lawsuit pending  (Read 34247 times)

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
Re: Concours 14 ABS/Linked brakes [probably] fake testimonial
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2018, 06:58:39 AM »
I agree with you .

It would have more accurately read

"Man gets ticket *whilst* going 2mph below speed limit"

which then leaves the question:

"What did he get the ticket for?"

A while back, I saw one titled 'Man gets ticket for going 2 MPH UNDER the speed limit!'. So I went and read the article. What really happened was that the person was riding in the left lane, at less than the speed limit, and people were passing him on the right. So an LEO cited him for 'impeding traffic', which is quite different than getting a ticket for driving at any specific speed. '
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline oldnslo

Re: Concours 14 ABS/Linked brakes lawsuit pending
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2018, 09:21:27 AM »
after getting sucked in to reading all this bullcookies, i think the part about ducks  made more sense than all the rest of this diatribe :thumbdown
happy trails     2016 c14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2018, 03:26:24 PM »
As an aside the US has 5% of the world population yet 31% of the worlds non terrorist/warfare gun related deaths.

That is off-topic (since it is not an example), although worthy of response, and I have addressed it here:  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=20962.msg287542#msg287542
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2018, 03:33:25 PM »
And it was great the way you hooked Max and as far as I could tell, you did not even use any bait! Maybe someone else 'primed' him and he just happened to be gobsmacked by your post?

Nope, I just have to do that thing called "work" and no need to respond until I could give it the time and attention it deserves... which you can see I [hopefully] did, just in the appropriate thread.   Hey- you know me, I am always up to a good argument :) :)

But on a serious note, I do agree with Max regarding shortening headlines and actually think it is far worse than he describes. We alter headlines until they are simply not true.

I get so angry at so-called "news" reports because they are so slanted, biased, terse, braindead, opinionated, and often just plain WRONG that I tend to not even want to consume any of it at all.  And it would be one thing if it were just incompetence, but it is usually very intentional to push a specific political agenda or at least to just sensationalize everything to death to get more "eyes."
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2018, 03:40:57 PM »
This is America and the Internet- is there not a duck forum out there somewhere more worthy of your time?

:-)

Brian

after getting sucked in to reading all this bullcookies, i think the part about ducks  made more sense than all the rest of this diatribe :thumbdown
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2018, 03:42:56 PM »
Yep, just plain incorrect. It has gotten to the point where I really just do not believe anything and only occasionally chase (read: click) on a headline that grabs my interest for some reason but never the reason they published it the way that they did.

Real newspeople of a generation or two ago would be embarassed I think.

Brian

<snip>

I get so angry at so-called "news" reports because they are so slanted, biased, terse, braindead, opinionated, and often just plain WRONG that I tend to not even want to consume any of it at all.  And it would be one thing if it were just incompetence, but it is usually very intentional to push a specific political agenda or at least to just sensationalize everything to death to get more "eyes."
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2018, 09:23:08 PM »
He's pokin his head (easy boys) back in but not posting as far as I can tell.  I'm starting to think this is a trolling maneuver just to stir things up.

With that being said, I'm not going to nuke it or modify the subject line.

please
just nuke it...
 it's a worthless thread, un followed by the o/p, has no relevant content.. and just make people do stoooopid responses.

an excercise kinda like how to keep a blond chick in suspense...

some folks are just a-holes.. for whatever reason... and post once.....
and some bite the worm, and get hooked...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2018, 05:33:30 AM »
Welcome to America where you never have to worry about a foreign army invading. Please bring your own weapon because you can't have mine.  8)

I'll sleep better if assured that your pea-shooter can stop one of Kim Jong Un's bottle rockets..... 8)
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2018, 05:38:31 AM »
...and you're sure it can't?  :)

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2018, 06:04:39 AM »
Not sure of anything. But if you were to personally go to NK and nailed him while he's playing with his buttons... :)
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2018, 12:13:37 PM »
Well, once everyone stops posting in this thread I may or may not lock it.  Depends how many I've had whilst making the decision.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2018, 12:48:15 PM »
Well, once everyone stops posting in this thread I may or may not lock it.  Depends how many I've had whilst making the decision.

How many does it normally take on average?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2018, 01:34:44 PM »
More than two, but less than 5 and only on a Tuesday.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2018, 03:16:46 PM »
Well its Thursday, how many on Thursdays?
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2018, 04:15:53 PM »
Well if we can get away from V'Jim's drinking habits (as fascinating as that is) just for a minute.

I've done a little online research and I think I've found it, to both of you that are still interested ( :) ) here is a link.

(edit: Link removed at OP's request)
You'll need to click on the links on that page for more info.

So, because he answered my PM and the info these links provide, I'm of the opinion that, although it maybe in vain on his part,
I don't think it's BS or... what was that wonderful word..OH yes..."codswallop". Your opinions may continue to differ.

I now return you to V'Jim's drinking...and what else?....Ducks..yes I think it was Ducks.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 05:28:12 PM by fartymarty »

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2018, 05:19:11 PM »
I am not interested in brake lawsuits nor Jim's drinking (especially because last I knew, he was drinking gin & tonic to ward off any possible malaria attacks) but frankly I am hanging my head in shame a little bit about the continuing use of that word.... you know, cod-------. I mean, isn't that the stuff that a male cod provides to female..... I mean, this is a family forum, right? And is that not a 'bad word' to expose children to or even speak about in polite, mixed company? I would think that word would be at least an 'R' rated word, and depending on exactly what the cod were doi..... I mean, depending on where the cod------- ended up, would that not really carry an NC-17 rating?

Just sayin'.  Maybe you should look into that further Marty, you know, just be on the safe side?

Brian

Well if we can get away from V'Jim's drinking habits (as fascinating as that is) just for a minute.

I've done a little online research and I think I've found it, to both of you that are still interested ( :) ) here is a link.

You'll need to click on the links on that page for more info.

So, because he answered my PM and the info these links provide, I'm of the opinion that, although it maybe in vain on his part,
I don't think it's BS or... what was that wonderful word..OH yes..."codswallop". Your opinions may continue to differ.

I now return you to V'Jim's drinking...and what else?....Ducks..yes I think it was Ducks.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2018, 05:31:16 PM »
I think you're getting confused somewhere Brian.

Codswallop is a perfectly good family friendly word and not a euphemism for anything :)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=codswallop&oq=codswallop&aqs=chrome..69i57.3870j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Cod Roe is eggs whilst Cod Sperm is used to fertilise the eggs (if they're not being eaten as a delicacy that is)

And neither Roe nor Sperm are R rated words :)

I am not interested in brake lawsuits nor Jim's drinking (especially because last I knew, he was drinking gin & tonic to ward off any possible malaria attacks) but frankly I am hanging my head in shame a little bit about the continuing use of that word.... you know, cod-------. I mean, isn't that the stuff that a male cod provides to female..... I mean, this is a family forum, right? And is that not a 'bad word' to expose children to or even speak about in polite, mixed company? I would think that word would be at least an 'R' rated word, and depending on exactly what the cod were doi..... I mean, depending on where the cod------- ended up, would that not really carry an NC-17 rating?

Just sayin'.  Maybe you should look into that further Marty, you know, just be on the safe side?

Brian
--

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2018, 05:38:44 PM »
oh and there's also a family card game called Codswallop :)

http://gingerfox.co.uk/product/codswallop/

Which looks like you could keep in your Fanny Pack (snigger snigger if you're British at that one) for use whilst out and about
--

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2018, 06:21:14 PM »
..... frankly I am hanging my head in shame a little bit about the continuing use of that word.... you know, cod-------. I mean, isn't that the stuff that a male cod provides to female..... I mean, this is a family forum, right?
  :D

OK, so how do feel about ducks?  ???

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2018, 06:42:31 PM »
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike