Author Topic: Angel GT’s  (Read 3989 times)

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
Re: Angel GT’s
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2018, 08:40:05 AM »
That is what I was aluding to. Beer was the closest thing I could find in the smiley’s tho.

{off topic} I’m not a fan of country music (I don’t mind it), but Toby K. seems like the coolest guy on the planet. 
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2018, 07:12:53 PM »
Well, at 3463 miles the tread was gone in the front and rear Bridgestones. I just got back from a week long trip to Asheville, NC. I changed the tires over to the Angel GTs right before I left. I scrubbed them in on the BRP on my way up to Little Switzerland, NC. I love riding the loop around town. 226A - The Diamondback. OMG what a difference those tires made in the handling!!! For all of you that recommended them, Thank You!

After that, we rode down 221 to 70, then jumped on Route 80 (The Devils Whip) and rode it back up to the BRP. Really fun route! Some of those hairpin curves are insane! You turn to look thru the curve, then realize, "oh, the road on the other side of the curve is way up there! I swear you climb the equivalent of several stories while going around a (suggested) 15mph 180 degree curve. One thing I learned on this trip... Any road you find with this sign (see pic below) is going to be an awesome ride!!!

For anyone not familiar with the Devils Whip, check this out.

Had to ride the Rattler while I was there too.

Here is a map of the Rattler

2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2018, 07:25:30 PM »
Now... While we were riding the Rattler, a rabbit decided right when I got up to where he was at doing about 70mph, would be the perfect time to cross the road! He didn't make it! Thump - thump under my front tire! I looked in the mirrors, but he never appeared behind me. We turned off on Route 63 about a mile up the road. A friend I was riding with rode up beside me honking and got me to stop. When I did, this is what I found. (see picture below) Anyone need a medium well lucky (or make that unlucky) rabbits foot? Hahaha! His foot was wedged between the head pipes, and I had been dragging his head for the last mile or so before we turned off.

Only damage I have found was to the black plastic piece that attaches to the lower part of the front fender just in front of the reflector in the picture above. It is loose and I can't get it to snap back in place. I don't see where any of the tabs broke off. I'll probably just order a new one. That should make it an easy fix... hopefully!
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2018, 04:16:17 PM »
So... am I the only rabbit slayer on here? Has anyone else had a similar experience?
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline Kirby

• I ride up front and look through the hole.
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2018, 04:37:44 PM »
Well, I did have a terrible experience with the almost limitless power of KiPass...... but I am not a rabbit. The C-14 that got me was not even moving.

Kirby

So... am I the only rabbit slayer on here? Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Member: Dead Rodent's Riders
President: KiPass Lover's Society

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2018, 02:49:05 PM »

Squirrels, birds, and snakes.  None of the critters were kind enough to wedge themselves in the exhaust and pre-cook themselves tho.  It could have been worse I imagine.  Having that furry body stuck between the fender and tire...

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2018, 04:34:13 PM »
Squirrels, birds, and snakes.  None of the critters were kind enough to wedge themselves in the exhaust and pre-cook themselves tho.  It could have been worse I imagine.  Having that furry body stuck between the fender and tire...

Hahaha! That definitely would have been worse! ...and a lot bigger bloody mess on my bike!
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2018, 06:46:36 PM »
Hit this guy doing about 80. Got stuck in the crash bar.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2018, 06:51:48 PM »
Hit this guy doing about 80. Got stuck in the crash bar.

Glad you posted the second pic. Would have had no idea what it was other than white feathers.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R