Author Topic: Anyone in Atlanta Area have KDS?  (Read 1316 times)

Offline okrider

• Dora: '11 Black
Anyone in Atlanta Area have KDS?
« on: June 20, 2018, 08:44:15 AM »
I'm looking for someone in the Atlanta area who has KDS on their computer and the connecting cable. I need to register a fob and my dealership is useless (I've already been there twice and my active fob still doesn't work when you take the battery out).
'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon

Offline jwh20

Re: Anyone in Atlanta Area have KDS?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 02:25:58 PM »
If you're up for a road-trip to Indianapolis, I would be glad to help you out.  I'll also be in Asheville, NC in the near future.  Not "in the neighborhood" but closer at least.  It's not very large so I can easily take it along.  Message me if you're interested.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 02:32:36 PM »
When I first read this post my brain saw "KIDS" not "KDS".

Offline okrider

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 02:36:38 PM »
If you're up for a road-trip to Indianapolis, I would be glad to help you out.  I'll also be in Asheville, NC in the near future.  Not "in the neighborhood" but closer at least.  It's not very large so I can easily take it along.  Message me if you're interested.

Asheville is doable. Messaged you.
'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon

Offline jwh20

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 03:44:34 PM »
Well it turns out that the dealer is, how shall be put it nicely...  Inept.  We met up in Asheville and the entire process took perhaps 10 minutes.  Probably could have done it faster but we talked a bit.  Also, and this is key, we tested all 3 keys before labeling the process a success.

Why is this so hard for "service professionals"?  I really don't know.  I learned how to run the KDS3 system the old-fashioned way.  Reading the manual.  I must conclude that many service "techs" at dealers are illiterate.

Anyway, it was good to meet a fellow C14 owner face-to-face.

Offline okrider

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 09:33:02 PM »
I put an entry in "What did you do to your Concours today" thanking you but I'll do it here too. Thanks again for meeting me and bringing the part with you. I wish we got to hang out more and talk more about the bike and bikes in general.

Please let me know if you ever end up in the Atlanta area for any reason.